brett on another team

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
porky88 said:
I'd support him all the way.

Porky, would you kind of like to see Brett Favre leave already so the Packers can move on to the "Rodgers era"?

Tromadz said..
GB isnt supporting favre?

GB isnt trying to win games?

WTF are you talking about?!

Wow. Unbelievable..you're pissed at Favre when you should really be furious with TT for letting it get to this point?

TT surrounded Favre with talent? GB's trying to win games NOW? How can you possibly believe that unless you have such a blind love and unwavering support for TT in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Four wide receivers (1 who is any good, the others unproven), and no offensive line. Yeah, that's supporting Favre alright, isn't it?

****ing Wow. And Favre's not a "leader". C'mon, that's just pure b.s.. If by leader you mean someone who blindly buy's into TT's b.s. moves unquestioningly, then yeah, he's not a leader. But your definition of leader sounds more like a "follower". So yeah, Favre's a leader.

Steve Young said, "There's going to be a time when Brett Favre realizes the writing on the wall and understands that his team is not supporting him anymore, and not trying to win championships. They're rebuilding. That's going to be a very difficult time for someone of his nature."

Brett, that time is now. TT sold you down the river, and honestly he doesn't care about doing anything to help you win with this team this year. He is looking several years down the road, and basically said as much. "Brett Favre coming back or not has nothing to do or not with the decisions I make for this football team".

It's going to be a long season Brett. One in which the so called Packer "fans" are probably going to turn on you. But keep playing to win!

Remember this. Favre has deserved and "earned" more respect and loyalty from the Green Bay Packer fans than TT has thus far, but there are going to be those who don't understand that or who will forget. Part of the reason is that some of these young pups here don't remember Bart Starr when he was getting pummeled on those early 70's Packer teams. (Or Johnny U., John Hadl, Sonny Jurgenson, etc..etc..)

Don't try and lay the truth on some people on this forum TA, they have their own agenda and will follow it blindly.

The people you are talking about don't want to, or can't remember the no talent teams that were the norm before the 90's.

They don't have a clue that IT WAS AND IS BRETT FAVRE WHO LED THIS TEAM when they were building for a championship, then achieved their goal.

Now some question Brett because he has doubts about the direction that The Packers are going. He has every right to state his opinions, because he has been the leader of this team, and it's heart and soul since 1992.

I still think this team has a chance to do better than any of the "so-called experts" are prediciting, if they do it will be because Brett Favre will lead them and make the players on the field better then they really are, because that it what he does best.

Don't worry about those who are blindly following TT, hopefully it won't happen, but as soon as The Packers start losing, they will turn on TT and start playing the blame game, because that is what they love to do best.

Me, I am going to sit back and enjoy what could be the last year of watching THE BEST QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME, win or lose, it's still a special sight when #4 takes the field.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
So, I think we ALL agree we are not going again with Brett at the helm,

if the mods are sticking to their guns you should be given a two week suspension for baiting, cause this is the second time in the same thread.

Didnt' they say something about a poster not pointing out and saying that "this is a bait thread"???

Who the hell is baiting?

Now, I am thoroughly confused.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeye said..
I still think this team has a chance to do better than any of the "so-called experts" are prediciting, if they do it will be because Brett Favre will lead them and make the players on the field better then they really are, because that it what he does best.

I hope they do Buck, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. And I'd like to go on the record here and say that if TT's moves work out, I will gladly admit I was wrong. But right now, I don't think I'm wrong.

So..all I can say now is ..Go Pack Go.

Rutgers 1-0

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Porky, would you kind of like to see Brett Favre leave already so the Packers can move on to the "Rodgers era"?
I'm glad Favre came back because last year Rodgers didn't look ready at all. So I think an extra year is what Rodgers needs.

As for next year I'm not sure. It depends on how Favre plays. If he throws close to 30 INT's again, I'm not sure anyone would want him and I think it's just time to retire. If he comes out and has a great year then I hope he returns to the Packers but if he wants to go to a different team because GB might still be a year or two away, then that's find by me. I'd support him all the way. From reading this entire thread, it seems like some are going to be in denial when this happens.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When what happens Porky?

When the Packers are no longer competitive, or when Favre goes to another team?

Or when he loses it?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
When what happens Porky?

When the Packers are no longer competitive, or when Favre goes to another team?

Or when he loses it?

Either or.

I think Favre is going to have a better year and will ask to be traded to another team. I then think you'll know who the true fans are. Some will blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Some could turn on Brett Favre but in time forgive. Some will support him all the way and wish him luck except when he plays the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
TomAllen said:
Agree. That's probably how it will happen.

In fact, it's already happening!

Hm, porky I just can't see that happening. IMO Brett wouldn't ask for a trade, and will likely retire next year.

I think it's inevitable. I don't think Favre wants to retire so if he comes out and has a good season, I think he could be traded. Similar situation with Tennessee and McNair.

If he plays like he did last season he should retire.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
all about da packers said:
TomAllen said:
Agree. That's probably how it will happen.

In fact, it's already happening!

Hm, porky I just can't see that happening. IMO Brett wouldn't ask for a trade, and will likely retire next year.

I think it's inevitable. I don't think Favre wants to retire so if he comes out and has a good season, I think he could be traded. Similar situation with Tennessee and McNair.

If he plays like he did last season he should retire.

See. It's comments like this that I think are misleading. He played the way he did because he was on a MESS of a Packer team. If he plays that way again, that more than likely means the mess has not been cleaned up.

If Favre was on another team last year that was good, you would have seen a totally different performance.

It was more the team than Favre last year!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
See. It's comments like this that I think are misleading. He played the way he did because he was on a MESS of a Packer team. If he plays that way again, that more than likely means the mess has not been cleaned up.

If Favre was on another team last year that was good, you would have seen a totally different performance.

It was more the team than Favre last year!

Favre played bad last year. So did the team but Favre didn't make the team any better. You can't turn the ball over 36 times on a bad team. You can't do that on any team otherwise you'll be in trouble.

Monday Night was a full glimpse of 2005 and there isn't a team out there that would take in Favre if he plays like he did a year ago. Actually the team I could see him going to if they do well this year. Minnesota Vikings if Brad Johnson retires. Jackson will need another year or 2 to get ready.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't turn horseshit into hamburger either, Porky...

That's the best I can explain it, and that's what Favre had to work with last year!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
You can't turn horseshit into hamburger either, Porky...

That's the best I can explain it, and that's what Favre had to work with last year!

36 turnovers is unacceptable for a starting QB in the NFL.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is having no offensive line, no receivers, and no running game for a Professional Football team in the NFL.

But there it is.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
So is having no offensive line, no receivers, and no running game for a Profession Football team in the NFL.

But there it is.

Favre was accountable for a lot of those turnovers. The fumbles and INT's. Forcing passes is something that NFL QB’s just can’t do now a days. The Corners will break on the ball and pick it for 6. It happened a lot last season. He can’t do that this year. If he does, it’s time to retire. Seems like your willing to blame it all on something other than Favre making bad decisions and forcing the ball into double and triple coverage. Did the receivers, running game, and offensive line factor into his struggles. Sure but Favre didn't help his cause. Even when Gado was running good for a brief stint, nothing was better.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
TomAllen said:
So is having no offensive line, no receivers, and no running game for a Profession Football team in the NFL.

But there it is.

Favre was accountable for a lot of those turnovers. The fumbles and INT's. Forcing passes is something that NFL QB’s just can’t do now a days. The Corners will break on the ball and pick it for 6. It happened a lot last season. He can’t do that this year. If he does, it’s time to retire. Seems like your willing to blame it all on something other than Favre making bad decisions and forcing the ball into double and triple coverage. Did the receivers, running game, and offensive line factor into his struggles. Sure but Favre didn't help his cause. Even when Gado was running good for a brief stint, nothing was better.

I completely disagree. You could have put Tom Brady, Joe Montana or anyone on the Packers last year and they would have been just as bad. Favre is a gamer, he had NOTHING to work with last year so he did at times chuck it up last year. Should he had just took a knee or threw it out of bounds on 1ST, 2ND and 3RD down. He had no help WHATSOEVER. Put Brett on a quality team with 2-3 LEGIT NFL recievers, an offensive line that can give him time to throw and a decent running game and he would be fine. Brett taking the heat for managements inability to field a capable product is uncalled for and makes me wish Brett would have hung it up last year.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
porky88 said:
I'd support him all the way.

Tromadz said..
GB isnt supporting favre?

GB isnt trying to win games?

WTF are you talking about?!

Wow. Unbelievable..you're pissed at Favre when you should really be furious with TT for letting it get to this point?

TT surrounded Favre with talent? GB's trying to win games NOW? How can you possibly believe that unless you have such a blind love and unwavering support for TT in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Four wide receivers (1 who is any good, the others unproven), and no offensive line. Yeah, that's supporting Favre alright, isn't it?

****ing Wow. And Favre's not a "leader". C'mon, that's just pure b.s.. If by leader you mean someone who blindly buy's into TT's b.s. moves unquestioningly, then yeah, he's not a leader. But your definition of leader sounds more like a "follower". So yeah, Favre's a leader.

Steve Young said, "There's going to be a time when Brett Favre realizes the writing on the wall and understands that his team is not supporting him anymore, and not trying to win championships. They're rebuilding. That's going to be a very difficult time for someone of his nature."

Brett, that time is now. TT sold you down the river, and honestly he doesn't care about doing anything to help you win with this team this year. He is looking several years down the road, and basically said as much. "Brett Favre coming back or not has nothing to do or not with the decisions I make for this football team".

It's going to be a long season Brett. One in which the so called Packer "fans" are probably going to turn on you. But keep playing to win!

Remember this. Favre has deserved and "earned" more respect and loyalty from the Green Bay Packer fans than TT has thus far, but there are going to be those who don't understand that or who will forget. Part of the reason is that some of these young pups here don't remember Bart Starr when he was getting pummeled on those early 70's Packer teams. (Or Johnny U., John Hadl, Sonny Jurgenson, etc..etc..)

I'm starting to believe that TT got rid of Sherman so that he could get rid of Brett Favre easier. Why? I'm not totally sure. Perhaps his total rebuilding project included getting rid of Favre from the get go, but he knows that it's a tricky situation, so he's kind of set the table so that Favre has no other choice. Is TT's plan to get Aaron Rodgers at the helm, and did he want to do so this year? It's anyone's guess, but from recent moves, it's beginning to look like that was the plan, at least to me it it.

Nice post kid. Right on the money.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
TomAllen said:

But there it is.

I completely disagree. You could have put Tom Brady, Joe Montana or anyone on the Packers last year and they would have been just as bad. Favre is a gamer, he had NOTHING to work with last year so he did at times chuck it up last year. Should he had just took a knee or threw it out of bounds on 1ST, 2ND and 3RD down. He had no help WHATSOEVER. Put Brett on a quality team with 2-3 LEGIT NFL recievers, an offensive line that can give him time to throw and a decent running game and he would be fine. Brett taking the heat for managements inability to field a capable product is uncalled for and makes me wish Brett would have hung it up last year.

He had 36 turnovers. 29 INT's and 7 Fumbles. You can't have that in the NFL on any team. Favre has always forced things and was able to get away with it up until last year. Part of it is the talent and I have acknowledge that but blaming everyone else accept Favre is unacceptable in my opinion and that is what some are doing.

You can't chuck passes up like punts. You can't put your defense in bad field position. That is what Favre did constantly last year. He didn’t help himself last year. Tom Brady knows how to take what the defense gives you. Brett Favre didn't do that last year. He rarely dumped the pass off, instead he'd force the pass. If Favre brings his turnovers down which I think he can and will, not only will this team do better but other teams will be calling and asking if Favre is on the market because of the comments he made. If Favre plays like he did last year for the 2nd year in a row. It’s time to retire in my opinion.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky said,

Tom Brady knows how to take what the defense gives you. Brett Favre didn't do that last year. He rarely dumped the pass off, instead he'd force the pass

Tom Brady has the luxury of having a team around him where's he's been able to do that, Brett Favre hasn't.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this as not an OUT for Favre, but a TRUTH releasing interview. TT and staff didnt want to turn Brett away because of the feed back they would get from it. So Brett gave them a window to say "hey we are rebuilding, so we are gonna suck, if you dont want to be here we understand". Brett so badly wants to go to the big game again and retire in glory, wouldnt you?

I always have hated players that turn on there loyal teams, but Favre is my exception. I wouldnt want to play the game i love and the game that i would retire as a legend end in a bunch of losing seasons. I would want my team to say that they are rebuilding and that you can go off and continue your legacy. I love my packers, and i would still watch #4 play on a different team. He will still retire as a Packer.

Members online

Latest posts