"Brett needs a stronger team..." Bart Starr says

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr is not one of them.

"Brett needs a stronger team, a consistent team,'' he said. ``When he's had that, they've won some games. When they haven't, they don't.

"The only thing missing this year is the lack of team around him. When I saw him early in the season, he looked great. He looked healthy.''

But did he look like a guy who should be fishing on the weekends instead of ducking defensive ends?

"No.''

With due respect to all of us, I think I will take Bart Starr's opinion on this !!!

Cheers to Bart Starr

:packbeer:
:agree:

A 2 time Superbowl MVP and Hall of Fame QB says all Brett needs is a little talent around him.

Anybody know TT's e-mail? Would sure like him to read this.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Philtration said:
Cdnfavrefan said:
All I'll add is other then the Cardinal game we've got not much of a running game which is huge. Brett's been great the last few years but I think since about when he turned 30 his longevity has been credited to the running game being first and him having to pass second. If we could get back to a top 5 runnuing team Brett's could still thrive.

Sorry but he is not going to suddenly discover the fountain of youth. He is 38 and has taken a beating in the last few years. I have seen him get nailed more in the last 3 seasons than the rest of his career combined.
His QB rating for the last 2 seasons is 73.2.
His completion percentage for this season is the lowest of his career.
He has thrown 41 INTs in his last 28 games while fumbling the ball 18 times.
His streak of consecutive starts is getting closer to ending with each passing game now that he is both slower of foot and healing.

This year verses last year: Last year he had to many interceptions granted, were they all his fault, IMO I dont think so...this year he has managed the game better and yes he has had interceptions just like all QB's good or bad in the league, some are his fault and others were not..but this year his total interceptions were not as bad as last...and those fumbles?? Who is protecting him?? Those fumbles came because our Offensive line broke down, or someone didnt cover someone..or the snap was bad..there are so many things that happen and happen fast in a game..yes those are his stats, but its to bad that "all" QB's get the wrap for most of the bad plays when it could be a number of reasons things happen..

Not all of those fumbles can be blamed on the O line.
Favre is not as mobile as before and teams are teeing off on him.
The Bears have had some pretty good defenses for years but they could not catch Favre. The last 3 seasons they have been getting some really nasty hits on him and they are not the only ones.
He made a killing against the NFL by moving out of the pocket and throwing on the run for years. He can't do that any more.

I am not saying that there is any shame in this. It is just the way that things are and it happens to us all.

BINGO phil...

A fumble is when the player NO MATTER who it is, when they are relaxing on the ball or at least 90% of the time..

You have times when it is swatted away but most of the time Brett is being sacked and it just seems he does not have a tight grip on the ball..

While the o-l can cause the D to get to Brett, it is HIS job to protect the ball once he is being hit...

every time someone complains bout Green coughing it up, those same people better blame Brett just as easy..

It's a little bit different with a QB who's trying to make a play and is in a defenseless position with the ball. It's the o-lines job to keep them off of him and give the QB a little more time to make a play.

Members online

Latest posts