Brett interview tonight on fox news

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fox News just announced that Brett will speak to Greta van Susteren tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time Brett says something publicly, it's getting tiring hearing everything from anonymous sources and "close friends."

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder why he picked that reporter. Perhaps for a softer more passionate angle? This will be intersting.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder why he picked that reporter. Perhaps for a softer more passionate angle? This will be intersting.

they are good friends??? and have done interviews with her b4, plus she is a packer fan..Grew up in Appleton

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

they are good friends??? and have done interviews with her b4, plus she is a packer fan..Grew up in Appleton

Definitely gonna be interesting. I can't wait to hear his side.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Sneak peak... I wonder what that reason was? :shock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8306816?MSNHPHMA

MILWAUKEE (AP) - After avoiding public comment through weeks of speculation about his football future, Brett Favre is speaking for himself: He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released.

"I am guilty of retiring early and there is a reason for that," Favre said, according to an excerpt provided to The Associated Press. "And the major issue is 'Why did he retire,' and 'He asked for a release because he doesn't want to play in Green Bay.' That's not true. And I hope people are hearing this and saying 'OK, that clears it up."'

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could it be that Brett retired early for a family reason.

Then that got cleared up, so he wanted back in.

realizing that it was sticky he simply asked to be released so he can play somewhere else?

maybe there is no animosity towards TT like everyone wants to say. Maybe we can move on and Favre fans can still be happy.

Pack93z

Reaction score
More from Greta.. but not much..

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

I just interviewed Brett Favre in Mississippi….he is, as you know, entangled in a dispute with the Green Bay Packer General Manager. Brett understands the GM decision..and he accepts it..(And yes he loves the Packer fans)…but now - since the Packer GM made plain he does not want him - he wants to be released by the Packers so that he can see if any other team wants him. I am rushing to the airport but you will see the interview tonight

Pack93z

Reaction score
IMO.. this interview is going to paint Ted into a corner.. just got that feeling that it isn't going to be a supportive Ted interview.. more of a agree to disagree with some jabs lobbed in.

Maybe not.. that doesn't seem to be Brett's style.. but I think the court of public opinion will be the target tonight.. unless these two sides drop the ego and pick up the phone and talk this thing through soon.. I think the chances of Brett staying in GB decreases with every interview.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he comes out and says he doesn't want to play because he doesn't want to hurt Aaron's career. Then what do you say to that?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was a legitimate reason, WHY has he taken till now to tell everyone? All the while, he KNOWS this whole story has been ripping the Packers organization. If he really cared about the Packers, he should have spoke up before this. Yet he let his friends/relatives belittle TT and the Packers, without speaking up. Now he can ride in and give his reason.........but the damage to GB has been done already.
JMO of course.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he comes out and says he doesn't want to play because he doesn't want to hurt Aaron's career. Then what do you say to that?
I don't think he cares about Aaron's career.
Just my opinion of course.
If he did care, he wouldn't have allowed this whole mess to snowball this long. The damage is done already. If the fans that are more Favre fans then Packer fans even THINK that Rodgers was the reason Favre isn't here anymore, they will hate A-Rod forever. (As we have already seen on this site)
Favre can say anything now, and the Favre fans will just figure Brett is saying that, that it's not really true.
I count myself a Favre fan......but not over the Packers.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO.. this interview is going to paint Ted into a corner.. just got that feeling that it isn't going to be a supportive Ted interview.. more of a agree to disagree with some jabs lobbed in.

Maybe not.. that doesn't seem to be Brett's style.. but I think the court of public opinion will be the target tonight.. unless these two sides drop the ego and pick up the phone and talk this thing through soon.. I think the chances of Brett staying in GB decreases with every interview.

It definitely will. ESPN has shown some of the excerpts of the interview. I guarantee you WW3 is gonna break out on this forum. Some talk of TT telling Brett one thing and telling the media another thing.

TT's army on here will have to work overtime to try to make excuses for TT's 2faced lying act.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts