Brett has OFFICIALLY screwed GB over..IF he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Brees and Kitna signed to other teams, GB is officially screwed at the QB position if Favre decides to retire.

If Favre decides to retire, we will be forced to go with Aaron Rodgers, who is NOT NFL ready yet.

I don't want Favre to retire, but if he was going to, I would have wanted it to be around the start of Free Agency, so we could try and pick ourselves up from losing #4 and sign a Brees or Kitna(I wanted to get Kitna myself if it happened, while A-rod continuted to [hopefully] improve). We couldn't actively go after Brees or Kitna because we had a big ol #4 questionmark at QB. I really would have liked to get one of those guys if Favre left! Argh!

Well...now we can't.

Well...now we're screwed.

All we can do is hope\pray that #4 DOES come back...if not..it's gonna be a long A-Rod leading season.

I personally love Favre, and hope he comes back. Im not trying to bash him (even if some of you think im an ingrate for feeling this way). Mr. "Honor your contract, Javon" needs to look at his own contract. It has ONE more year on it, daddio!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
With Brees and Kitna signed to other teams, GB is officially screwed at the QB position if Favre decides to retire.

If Favre decides to retire, we will be forced to go with Aaron Rodgers, who is NOT NFL ready yet.

I don't want Favre to retire, but if he was going to, I would have wanted it to be around the start of Free Agency, so we could try and pick ourselves up from losing #4 and sign a Brees or Kitna(I wanted to get Kitna myself if it happened, while A-rod continuted to [hopefully] improve). We couldn't actively go after Brees or Kitna because we had a big ol #4 questionmark at QB. I really would have liked to get one of those guys if Favre left! Argh!

yeah if favre goes now, we're in some trouble.

Our only option I guess would be to start Craig Nall--Unless we start Aaron Rodgers fresh, in which case (I think) we're screwed large.

We may be in position to draft Leinart now, but two inexperienced QB's would do us no good--especially blowing two first round picks in two years.

The only legit option on the market, if you wanna call that, is Josh McCown

Kerry Collins' and Jeff Garcia's careers fell off a cliff in a hurry. Brian Griese, well... That's the only other QB left who has any kind of reputation

PREDICTION: Ted Thompson signs Senneca Wallace as our starting QB, whom he drafted in Seattle (at that point, i'll know something is officially up)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh McCown isnt bad. I like him better than kurt warner, thats for damn sure. I hope we never have to sign any of these guys, but we need to know if we do though! thats the part that sucks! Brett has to decide soon!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre has never screwed Green Bay. He has done nothing but play his heart out, deliver winners as the winningest QB of his era(including the grand prize), collect 3 MVP along the way, shatter records along the way, turn Green Bay into America's/World's team again, and provide memories that you will all be sharing with your grandchildren.

If he decides to retire, which is certainly his right, you can thank your boy Teddy for sending him to battle last season without weapons, and for failing to address needs this year -- including QB -- sitting on his thumbs and not even opening serious negotiations with Nall.

I hope Brett returns, but if he does not he should get the Rich and Respectful sendoff he deserves, not a bunch of finger pointing and bitter petty snipes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett spoke out against Javon not wanting to honor his contract, leaving Brett to be a hypocrite if he doesn't honor his :)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Brett Favre has never screwed Green Bay.

except the reasons I listed on how he is (if he retires). if he doesnt, then no harm done.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks is expected to be cut soon. If Favre retires he would be a good veteren to come in and push Rodgers.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Bruce said:
Brett Favre has never screwed Green Bay.

except the reasons I listed on how he is (if he retires). if he doesnt, then no harm done.

Brett Favre will never be viewed as a villain among packer fans...I hope thats not what you've implied Bruce...but, this is a bad move on his part because...he knew damn well that we were going to need a decision from him, and he's STILL taking time to think about it...and ******** over the packers

in brett's defense...grady jackson, na'il diggs, william henderson, javon walker are possibly (or arent') not coming back...we all knew this, Thompson knows this, and hasn't done anything about that, either...as Brett sits back and watches this inactivity...i think he will have a decision too, and not in our favor

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kind of puts the burden on TT now to sign someone to entice Favre into "not" retiring now..doesn't it???

You're *****ing should be directed at your golden boy TT...(Mr. Fancy Pants, Tight Britches)...and NOT Brett Favre....

Do you finally see who is responsible????

(Good..now don't forget it!)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Kind of puts the burden on TT now to sign someone to entice Favre into "not" retiring now..doesn't it???

You're *****!ng should be directed at your golden boy TT...(Mr. Fancy Pants, Tight Britches)...and NOT Brett Favre....

Yeah it's all BRETTS fault. If he'd make his decision earlier the Packers would know which direction to go in. QB or no QB so instead they have to wait for Brett to make his decision and sit and wait and take 'safe' signings.

:idea: jus to shed some light on the other perception.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

You're *****!ng should be directed at your golden boy TT...(Mr. Fancy Pants, Tight Britches)...and NOT Brett Favre....

no i dont see anything more clearly based on your post, in fact you've wasted valuable server space.

The NFL 'year' starts when all the contracts expire, this year it was pushed back cause of the CBA...but technically Favre is into the '06-07 year of his contract when free agency started, it is his obligation to say if he will serve the team for that year or if he'll file retirement paperwork--and there Thompson could sign someone to take Favre's spot, or he could leave the QB position alone because we know we have #4 back...but the problem is we know as much now as we did during the middle of last season

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now you won't have to blame the O-line, or A. Carrol, or Mike Sherman, or anybody else next year when the Packers lose, you have stated very early, next years failures are all Brett Favres fault.

Way to be a stand-up Packer fan Trom, always looking for someone to blame.

Maybe just maybe if TT would give Brett a little reason to come back, he just might make his decision.

Don;t worry it is becoming perfectly clear that TT never wanted Brett to come back, so I am sure he has a plan in place when Brett finally does announce his retirement.

Don't blame Brett Favre for TT's inactivity in free agency, Rogers is going to need a strong O-line next year, he is going to need quality receivers to throw to, why should Brett come back and run for his life, the way he did most of last year, let Aaron Rogers do it.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You dont like how TT is doing things, thats your opinion, 66.

If Favre doesn't like how TT is handling things...THEN ****ING RETIRE! Say "Screw you, Ted, I dont like how you do business!" This waiting game crap does nothing but hurt the packers.

At this point in the game, this doesn't have much to do with Ted at all.

It comes down to this:

Brett has to say to himself this - "Green Bay has 30 million dollars to spend. They have a #5 pick and good draft position. Do I feel Ted can do good things with this or not?"

If he thinks Ted can, then come back.
If he thinks Ted is an idiot, then retire, and go to the hall of fame, you deserve it brett.

But as of yesterday, every day he waits puts the packers deeper into the grave for 2006

This waiting stuff is only hurting the Packers, do you see it? Good, now don't forget it.

Brett should also ask himself this - "Is me not honoring the last year of my contract making me a hypocrite after I criticized Javon? I rarely become vocal, but I was pretty vocal about that. I was right, I hope everyone sees that, but would me not honoring my contract make me a hypocrite? Hmm.."

I honestly think he does.

(note: Ive said this before, but everytime I criticize the man[yes, hes human] I get labeled a favre hater....I LOVE FAVRE. I dont want him to retire, but he needs to make his decision soon, for respect\love of the packers)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett will announce what year is his last. He's playing for atleast one more year and when he announces he's playing this coming year he will state it is final year barring something drastically positive.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Well now you won't have to blame the O-line, or A. Carrol, or Mike Sherman, or anybody else next year when the Packers lose, you have stated very early, next years failures are all Brett Favres fault.

Way to be a stand-up Packer fan Trom, always looking for someone to blame.

I said..."IF" he retires. I also said I hope he comes back. But knowing that would mean you would have had to read my post, which clearly you didn't.

Im a packers fan, which goes beyond favre(whom i love dearly)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
P@ck66 said:

no i dont see anything more clearly based on your post, in fact you've wasted valuable server space.

Lol. I think a lot of people are not going to be packers fans when favre retires. It is pretty clear a lot of folks here are Green Bay Favre fans and not Green Bay Packers fans. Favre is a great player\man so i cant fault them, but enjoy being a Chargers fan or whatever when Favre retires.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Brett doesn't leave Green Bay like Barry did Detroit. Believe it or not there some lions fans who hate barry for the way he retired. Never mind all of the great years of football he gave us. Some people only remember how a player leaves. It's not really fair, but it does tell you how much they were loved and how badly they will be missed in a weird backwards sort of way.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Trom, You clearly said " Now We are screwed"

Which is putting all the blame on Brett Favre.

You really think TT was going to spend 10-12 million on Drew Brees?
As far as Kitna goes, there are plenty of other qb's out there that we will be able to sign before training camp starts.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a silly Trom! Is it possible that some folks just disagree with you?

Brett Favre has contributed enough over the long haul to deserve to take as much time as he needs to make this very difficult decision.

If he comes back, it will be with fire and commitment.

If he decides to retire, it is because he does not believe he has the horses to give it a real shot.

My love of football began before Brett was born, and it will last far after this great player is gone.

Whatever this first ballot hall of famer decides, he will get my support, my respect and my admiration... and that has nothing to do with my commitment to being a Packer fan -- which is as steady and loyal as is my loyalty and appreciation of all that Brett has contributed.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
I just hope Brett doesn't leave Green Bay like Barry did Detroit. Believe it or not there some lions fans who hate barry for the way he retired. Never mind all of the great years of football he gave us. Some people only remember how a player leaves. It's not really fair, but it does tell you how much they were loved and how badly they will be missed in a weird backwards sort of way.

Good point, big3.

I dont think (many) people would dislike Favre if he keeps holding the team hostage, and then, oh, decides to retire anyway.

I personally would be frustrated with it, but I would still love me some Favre.

But good point, 3.

I am bringing this stuff up NOT because I dont like favre, but because I want the 2006 team to be a contender and after the FA pickups(which will happen, which some idiots here dont realize) and the draft, it will hurt us if our QB is A-Rod (who just ISNT ready yet, but im willing to give him time, just NOT 2006).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
trom, why do you hate Brett? WHY? you don't like the championship? the 3 mvp? what ... what is it!! because he didn't call YOU and tell you he's coming back ur gonna **** in p@ck66 cheerios?

;)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
No Trom, You clearly said " Now We are screwed"

Which is putting all the blame on Brett Favre.

You really think TT was going to spend 10-12 million on Drew Brees?
As far as Kitna goes, there are plenty of other qb's out there that we will be able to sign before training camp starts.

Who? Aaron Brooks?! I would rather have that Schaub(whatever) kid from Atlanta who is better than Vick than Brooks.

And yes, Favre is ******** up free agency. If you dont like how TT is handling free agency that is fine. If you wish he would set nfl record offersheets like the vikings that is your own opinion..

But Favre AS WELL sure is ******** up free agency..

If you cant see that...ugh...Private Message me, ill try to explain it slower.

(TT could screw up the draft,etc that has nothing to do with this, im talking about free agency right now)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
trom, why do you hate Brett? WHY? you don't like the championship? the 3 mvp? what ... what is it!! because he didn't call YOU and tell you he's coming back ur gonna **** in p@ck66 cheerios?

;)

lol, thanks for keeping things calm around here, I (other people too) can get too intense and caught up..

But I just want my 2006 packers to do well, darnit! Decide #4~!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zero2Cool said:

;)

lol, thanks for keeping things calm around here, I (other people too) can get too intense and caught up..

But I just want my 2006 packers to do well, darnit! Decide #4~!

IN A-ROD WE(including P@ck66) TRUST!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now the Trom double talk starts.

First it was Brett Favre screwed us by not comitting.
Now it's Brett Favre screwed up free agency by not comitting.

Which one is it Trom???

What difference does it make if Brett is QB or someone else, we still need players other than a back-up qb and to this point TT has done next to nothing.

Like I said earlier which you obvioulsy chose to ignore, TT never intended to bring back Brett Favre, he has a plan and it is working to perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts