Brett Favre's postgame presser

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Videos: Vikings postgame press conference

Damn. This got to me. I know he's a lying bastard, but, if he quit now, if he said he was sorry to all Packers fans, if he came back crawling in his knees, I would welcome him back.

I think I needed this. He's now destroyed. There's nothing left. Now I can welcome him back, despite and because everything that he has done to this fanbase and organization.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Repent and thou shalt be forgiven

The punishment the Pack gave him this season definitley makes me feel a lot warmer toward him. Then I think about what he has done to the viking franchise and I want to welcome him back with open arms, when the vikings descend into a long stretch of losing seasons we have Brett to thank for dismantling them.

:viksux:

Pacifus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't been a fan for nearly as long as you all have been (my first season watching was the 4-12 year; Brent, the old lovable loser), so I don't have nearly the good times with Favre as you have. The way he handled the situation was very similar to the way Cutlet handled the Denver soap opera. So, I don't care what the organization does to recognize him. I'd prefer they pay Tim Masthay to change his name to Favre and have him wear #4. But that's just me.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I could definitely forgive him. It's the passive aggressive remarks about how last year was his best season ever and so forth that really got to me.

To hear that he didn't really mean things like that in the way they were taken would be all that I need. He can be remembered for what he did with us, but only if HE wants to.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
NFL Videos: Vikings postgame press conference

Damn. This got to me. I know he's a lying bastard, but, if he quit now, if he said he was sorry to all Packers fans, if he came back crawling in his knees, I would welcome him back.

I think I needed this. He's now destroyed. There's nothing left. Now I can welcome him back, despite and because everything that he has done to this fanbase and organization.

I watched this, and have to say I didn't see anything worth welcoming him back, even if he quit now!
He still sounding to me like he thinks he can do it,.. he's not broken just yet.

Where the hell was Clay today??? sheese!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay had a good game. Credited with 1 sack, albeit cheesy, and had Favre on the run quite a bit. He also got a holding call on Loadholdt, and maybe a false start.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Clay had a good game. Credited with 1 sack, albeit cheesy, and had Favre on the run quite a bit. He also got a holding call on Loadholdt, and maybe a false start.

Well it had to be too cheesey to replay so far in the highlights!

And no disrespect to you at all PackerRS, I don't want my post to come off as arrogant,..I'm just saying, I've not got to the point where I can even begin to think that way,..much less type his full name... I was such a full on BF supporter, that for him to go to the Vikes hurt more than words could express.

So no,.. I can't even imagine the senerio where I would feel good about him ever again. Call me bitters, but so be it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Don't fall for the puppy dog eyes Farve is showing. He's the same guy who threw GB and fans under the bus. He's dead to me. I could care less about him now. He's that Viking QB as far as I'm concerned.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until he goes into the HOF, and unless he thanks us, THE FANS in GB, for his best years, and his shoulder he had to lean on during his hardest of moments, I think nothing positive about Favre.

Simply due to the fact that if he gets another chance, he would still love to do anything he can to rip our hearts out and not only destroy us, but stomp on our legacy here as well.

No qualms about it until then.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, if he wants to be liked by GB fans, he better start eating crow and apologizing for the damage he did in leaving and signing with the Vikes. Until I hear some Mea Culpas, F him.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really upset when Favre signed with the Vikings and even more when the Vikings beat the Packers twice last year. Favre was a big part of it, but I though overall the Vikings had a better team than GB last year. Favre and Rodgers both had great years.

I feel better when I think of this whole thing as a business. TT made the right decision for the Packers. Favre wanted to continue playing and did what he had to do. He had one great year. Good for him. He should have retired at the end of last season.

Yes, it was messy and BF acted like a spoiled kid, but let the guy go out gracefully. He won't be playing next year; heck, he may not be playing next week. The Packers will never face him again. He was a huge part of our last Super Bowl victory. And he has screwed up the Vikings for the next few years.

I'll welcome him back after he retires.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it had to be too cheesey to replay so far in the highlights!

And no disrespect to you at all PackerRS, I don't want my post to come off as arrogant,..I'm just saying, I've not got to the point where I can even begin to think that way,..much less type his full name... I was such a full on BF supporter, that for him to go to the Vikes hurt more than words could express.

So no,.. I can't even imagine the senerio where I would feel good about him ever again. Call me bitters, but so be it.
None taken man. This isn't an excuse for him, believe me. This is just me saying how I felt about that. I know he's a lying son of a...

Just seeing him being done (IMHO), and the fact that WE ended him. It moved me.
Don't fall for the puppy dog eyes Farve is showing. He's the same guy who threw GB and fans under the bus. He's dead to me. I could care less about him now. He's that Viking QB as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not falling for it.
The presser just hit me: He's done. And we killed him.

I still remember the good times with him. Believe me, the **** he pulled, he was one of my favorite players of all time. He'll never be that again.

But him being done, we being the cause, if he got on his knees and begged for forgiveness, I would forgive him. Me personally. I've never felt bad for him, I cheered as mad when they lost that NFCC game. But now that they're harmless, and that he's broken, I kinda do...

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, not trying to still pitty on anyone.

CMON MAN!!! You know better than that, I'm not condescending.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
okay okay!!! just didn't want my post to hurt your feelings is all.. agreed on all!
*hand shake!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is actually getting a little pathetic... I am also sick and tired of watching ESPN and the highlights surround Favre and Childress and nothing about how the Packers looked.

It is somewhat fun to watch him all teary and "I'm going to digest the last few weeks" but it is getting annoying. I think in due time Rodgers will make everyone forget about Favre one way or another. Hopefully he's benched Childress is fired and we don't have to hear about either one for the rest of the season.

Now that they are 3-7 though, they have to start Jackson to see what they have. It would be crazy to play the dusty old fart and keep the guy who could be your future on the bench. Then again, it is the Vikings. I would really want to see Jackson get the start and Favre try to run on the field instead to preserve his record or something because I think at this point it's all that matters is winning and his own legacy. Oh, how things change over time...

Go Pack! Yay!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
It is somewhat fun to watch him all teary and "I'm going to digest the last few weeks" but it is getting annoying. I think in due time Rodgers will make everyone forget about Favre one way or another.

on the highlights all night has been the Favre PG presser, actualy had to go to the Packers site to see what the Packers had to say about the game.

Aaron was actually very humble IMO,... such a difference from the "Me, Myself, and I" guy!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things:

**** him, **** him,....... **** him.

2nd, I am fine w/ the ESPN coverage. I am just waiting like 2 weeks ago. Waiting for the Owner to can the coach due to the badass play of the PACK!!!!

We may be the first team to ever get 3 coaches fired in the same season:

DAL (F*ck them)
MN (MAJOR F*ck them)
and last but not least....

CHokAGO- this would be amazing.

pair that feat w/ a SB win and this may culminate w/ the best season ever. Get the Vikings coach canned, the Bears coach canned, the TRAITOR benched (and likely defeated for good) and get the MONKEY 15 years running (DAL) off our back in a SERIOUS way.

everything seems to be falling into place.

Kingjimmy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF went there, he told folks he wanted to go there...therefore, he should never be allowed back, We all need to go to the border, Snap off Minnesota at the Mississippi river, fill the remains with Pig poop and rename the state North Iowa. Jus' sayin' But I'm not bitter.....at all.....

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF went there, he told folks he wanted to go there...therefore, he should never be allowed back, We all need to go to the border, Snap off Minnesota at the Mississippi river, fill the remains with Pig poop and rename the state North Iowa. Jus' sayin' But I'm not bitter.....at all.....
WOW

Not even a lil...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep PackersRS, GB buried Farve and his legacy today and the Packer Nation, TT, and MM are vindicated. Heck, even Viking fans are asking "How did GB put up with this guy for so long those poor people!". That is for sure. Farve better start chewing, he's got a lot of crow to eat that came out of his mouth. Mountains of it.

I want to specifically hear that "One year in Minnesota was like 10 in GB" was nothing but BS from his mouth to endear himself to the fans of Minnesota! That statement was like a kick in the danglers after all the years we went through HELL with him tossing games away and then spending years defending that *******. He burned the bridges cause he thought he had a sure thing SB across the river. Let him repair the bridges. Until then, he's dead to me.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yep PackersRS, GB buried Farve and his legacy today and the Packer Nation, TT, and MM are vindicated. Heck, even Viking fans are asking "How did GB put up with this guy for so long those poor people!". That is for sure. Farve better start chewing, he's got a lot of crow to eat that came out of his mouth. Mountains of it.

I want to specifically hear that "One year in Minnesota was like 10 in GB" was nothing but BS from his mouth to endear himself to the fans of Minnesota! That statement was like a kick in the danglers after all the years we went through HELL with him tossing games away and then spending years defending that *******. He burned the bridges cause he thought he had a sure thing SB across the river. Let him repair the bridges. Until then, he's dead to me.

That was the dagger that totally ended it with me.... well the day that he said he'd join them to begin with,..but when he said that, .. wow..WOW!!!
He can keep his little circle of friends/fanatics and any ex-Packer fan that tries to cheer for the Pack after that turd finally flushes,..will sound as lame as that viking horn.:viksux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not falling for it this time. So what he is sad now that he is all beaten down? The Packers handed him back what was left of him. I don't feel bad for the Vikings either. They have a habit of taking on nearly spend QBs in the hopes one of them will have something left and take them to the SB. They should of known what they were getting into with Favre. Favre himself can go cry me a river. Does he not know that when you burn all your bridges you can't get back home?

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be able to let Favre off the hook until he's retired - for good - and if he genuinely shows his appreciation toward the Packers organization and the fans. Remember just a few weeks ago, he thought he had the game-winning TD against us and began jumping around. Less than an hour later, he can barely walk at the press conference. It's that type of stuff that I can't get over.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Remember just a few weeks ago, he thought he had the game-winning TD against us and began jumping around. Less than an hour later, he can barely walk at the press conference. It's that type of stuff that I can't get over.

Agreed, I was thinking about that too. Farve was jumping around like he won the damn lotto after he thought he had beaten the Pack just a few weeks ago! I have a hard time forgiving a guy who you can tell wanted to bury the Green Bay Packers and embarrass us.

Kitten said:
Does he not know that when you burn all your bridges you can't get back home?

Well said Kitten. He didn't care about burning his bridges cause he thought he had a sure thing SB with the Vikes.

Members online