Brett Favre

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record..

I know there are a lot of Favre fans
who are in here and think he can do no wrong.

I do have a lot of respect for his career and his accomplishments ON the field.

How things are transpiring now...and how Brett
is indicating that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy
are only telling HALF the truth...

..and then I see packer fans automatically assume
that TT and MM are at fault and Brett didn't tell any half
truths either just is beyond me...

I know a DIFFERENT Brett Favre than most of you
know on TV and in Green Bay.

LONG BEFORE I was an Aaron Rodgers fan..
I've seen Brett Favre at the NFL probowl for the last 10 years OFF the field.
I've gone to the NFL probowl since 1994. I've seen ALL kinds of things
that I can't get into right now and choose not too regarding most of the players you are familar with. (If you guys EVER want to hear my firsthand account of NFL players at the probowl..please PM me).

I've seen him FIRSTHAND in how Brett carried himself
in and OUT of the public eye.

For the sake of the forum, I won't get into great detail regarding the questionable character flaws I saw in Brett during the many years I saw him at the probowl...

But BASED on my actual firsthand accounts of him...

He says one thing and does things differently behind the scenes.

So all I wanted to say based on my experience w/him is that
it can't be just Mike McCarthy and TT putting half truths out there.

I do believe that Brett has no problems leveraging things
to his benefit.

Just hope you guys can see through the rose colored glasses for Brett.

It takes TWO to tango in this very complicated dance.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay has insider info on ALL our quarterbacks. Not just his son! ;)

I also am in possession of some shocking information about Gilbert Brown's vegetarian proclivities, but for the good of the forum I just can't get into details.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record..

I know there are a lot of Favre fans
who are in here and think he can do no wrong.

I do have a lot of respect for his career and his accomplishments ON the field.

How things are transpiring now...and how Brett
is indicating that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy
are only telling HALF the truth...

..and then I see packer fans automatically assume
that TT and MM are at fault and Brett didn't tell any half
truths either just is beyond me...

I know a DIFFERENT Brett Favre than most of you
know on TV and in Green Bay.

LONG BEFORE I was an Aaron Rodgers fan..
I've gone to the NFL probowl since 1994. I've seen ALL kinds of things
that I can't get into right now and choose not too regarding most of the players you are familar with. (If you guys EVER want to hear my firsthand account of NFL players at the probowl..please PM me).

I've seen him FIRSTHAND in how Brett carried himself
in and OUT of the public eye.

For the sake of the forum, I won't get into great detail regarding the questionable character flaws I saw in Brett during the many years I saw him at the probowl...

But BASED on my actual firsthand accounts of him...

He says one thing and does things differently behind the scenes.

So all I wanted to say based on my experience w/him is that
it can't be just Mike McCarthy and TT putting half truths out there.

I do believe that Brett has no problems leveraging things
to his benefit.

Just hope you guys can see through the rose colored glasses for Brett.

It takes TWO to tango in this very complicated dance.
Didn't Favre only show up for a couple Pro Bowls? The rest he turned down didn't he?
As far as the rest.....yes, i can believe Favre would say things to his benefit, and leave out anything that might make him look bad. And i have talked to people that knew him that stated that he wasn't really like he shows to the media, thats he's way different off field. I heard some of the stories, and one guy said he was gonna write a book about all he saw. Of course i didn't see any of those things first hand, so how much are true? I don't know. But it was interesting to hear the stories.
I love Favre.....but i bet alot of what has gone on is his fault as well.
It's gonna get worse......even more ugly. I think the bridge of him even POSSIBLY staying here is completely burned now. It's just a matter of where he ends up. He wants to be released, and the Packers say they won't do it. This is gonna get lots worse before it's over.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal - A lot of really good players were A-holes. Sucks, but true.

Sure, it means something to me. Not that much though. I still root for whomever is in Packer uniform, as long as they didn't **** or kill someone.

Of course, I'm more prone to like someone like Donald Driver who is supposedly a class act on and off the field (I do not know him first hand, so this is all hearsay).

Brett Favre is the finest QB I've ever watched, hands down. I watched Marino. I watched Montana. I've watched Elway. I've watched Brady. I've watched Manning. When things get really ugly, Brett Favre is the one guy I'd want to QB my team.

But like I said, whomever is in the Packer uniform is who I will be rooting for. If it is Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, or Brian Brohm...

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, you could say that about any human that ever lived, exception for Jesus. We are all major hypocrites, and to say Favre fans think he does no wrong is absurd, they put up with the most ints in a career and a pain killer addiction, and many season ending ints, the man obviously makes mistakes and retiring was one of them.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more thing, of the athletes I've grown to dislike, Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco top the list, simply because they treated their fans like complete s***. It's one thing to say something and do the other, but to treat your fans the way McGuire and Canseco did was something else.

I'm sure Favre isn't even in the same ballpark. If you want to elaborate, feel free.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya know Cal, why do this NOW?

I mean its been known how you feel for Rodgers..You could have posted this "crap" bout Brett at any point in time, but want to do it now??

My theory is you can tell this board is on the fence or on the side of the Packers and it is YOUR opportunity to push those on the fence off it all the way.

I think this is a sad attempt to gain more attention for your son

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
OK, you could say that about any human that ever lived, exception for Jesus. We are all major hypocrites, and to say Favre fans think he does no wrong is absurd, they put up with the most ints in a career and a pain killer addiction, and many season ending ints, the man obviously makes mistakes and retiring was one of them.
Well stated!
I know i haven't always lived up to standards i have set for myself.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well let's see here. In the last 10 years Favre made the Pro Bowl in '01, '02, '03, and '07.

As far as I know he attended none of them.

He didn't attend in 01:http://www.probowlonline.com/pro-bowl-2001.php
He didn't attend in 02:http://www.probowlonline.com/pro-bowl-2002.php
He didn't attend in 03: http://www.probowlonline.com/pro-bowl-2003.php
And of course he didn't attend in 07.

You've been seeing things.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You imply that you know Brett Favre . Do you know Favre personally ? Do you know someone personally that knows him personally ? Have you so much as ever said hello to the man ?

I'll wager that the answer is NO. So therefore I don't think the few moments you spent observing him personally is an accurate depiction of his character. Not to mention you obviously have strong bias' toward Rodgers (there's nothing wrong with that, you're prerogative).

Aaron Rodgers probably doesn't walk on water either.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you say he has a connection to Rodgers he'll say NO! He only knows about Rodgers because he also went to that brainy school, Cal.

You know... the school.. the brainy school... where they teach you to write... in incomplete sentences ... with lots of unnecessary ellipses. ;)

I find Cal's posts about Rodgers very informative but this thread is sad. Regardless of Favre's true character, what Cal stated cannot be true.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Favre is no angel and I'm not one to think that he can do no wrong. I personally don't know the man and I never met him. I only have all the wonderful stories people have written about him visiting the sick and being personable to people who ran into him on the street.

Everyone has their surly moments. Especially celebrities, because they get no peace. They can't walk down the street like a normal person without being interrupted by someone seeking an autograph or a photo. It's as if you have to be "on stage" 24/7. That has got to be one of the toughest jobs on earth. I think of my friends, who are in bands that have a following, but they are only recognised in the music circuit (specific to the genre). After the show is over, the night comes to an end and Monday morning they can take a subway to work, without anyone bothering them. So sure, celebs like Favre will have their cranky moments, when they want to be left alone.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I mean its been known how you feel for Rodgers..You could have posted this "crap" bout Brett at any point in time, but want to do it now??

My theory is you can tell this board is on the fence or on the side of the Packers and it is YOUR opportunity to push those on the fence off it all the way.

Actually i posted about this many years ago regarding the same subject
and I got angry responses...and that's why I'm refraining.

Sometimes people just don't want to hear it...even if it happened...

So you say WHY NOW?

BECAUSE...I see posts by people who see Brett accusing TT and MM for not speaking the truth half the time. And their responses to that are that TT and MM MUST be in the wrong here..and Brett couldn't have spoke any untruths..

And because of my past experience seeing him in action(off the field)...
I just can't claim that same allegiance to him.

and speaking of getting OLD...referring me to his dad is getting old.

I'm 34 so for me to be Aaron's(who's 24) dad would be quite funny =)

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Seventy-four percent of those responding Sunday to a telephone survey of Green Bay residents said the Packers should retain their contractual rights to Favre, and not trade him. Thirty-three percent said he should be the starting quarterback."

Only 74% want to retain him and only 33% of that 74% want him to start as QB? That is low. I would think that in GB it would have been higher.
That's where his most loyal fan base is.

This does not look good for Brett.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

If you say he has a connection to Rodgers he'll say NO! He only knows about Rodgers because he also went to that brainy school, Cal.

You know... the school.. the brainy school... where they teach you to write... in incomplete sentences ... with lots of unnecessary ellipses. ;)

I find Cal's posts about Rodgers very informative but this thread is sad. Regardless of Favre's true character, what Cal stated cannot be true.

Yes..the brainy school that teaches you that writing on an internet blog is
not a bastian for grammatical excellence =) (while also squeezing this into your work day as you are sitting in your cubicle while working at a bank)...
not a lot of time to proofread =)

I didn't state anything about Favre publicly. My point is not to debate what I saw about Brett.

My point about Brett is that he could quite possibly be leveraging things to his beneift and TT and MM may not be the only ones speaking untruths.

That's my real point.

For me..that point is TRUE because of what I've seen of him off the court..

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You imply that you know Brett Favre . Do you know Favre personally ? Do you know someone personally that knows him personally ? Have you so much as ever said hello to the man ?

I'll wager that the answer is NO. So therefore I don't think the few moments you spent observing him personally is an accurate depiction of his character. Not to mention you obviously have strong bias' toward Rodgers (there's nothing wrong with that, you're prerogative).

Aaron Rodgers probably doesn't walk on water either.

I did say HELLO to Brett. And it wasn't me he wanted to get to know personally. I just wasn't his type =)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how any good can come of this thread. The original post is nothing but innuendo. I don't see the point of hinting at bad things about Favre. If you have bad things to say, go ahead and say them, so we can decide if they are relevant or true. Up till now, Cal, I was impressed that you were taking the high road in all of this, saying let them compete against each other for the starting spot. Well, so much for the high road, I guess.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Please don't claim I'm ED Rodgers (Aaron's dad).
Ok I have a deal for you. We will stop accusing you of being Aaron's dad, if you find out more about Allison Stokke (Hot pole vaulter that goes to Cal). You know, maybe find out if she's single, get her phone number, etc..

And still, no info on Allison. Deals off Ed!

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I don't see how any good can come of this thread. The original post is nothing but innuendo. I don't see the point of hinting at bad things about Favre. If you have bad things to say, go ahead and say them, so we can decide if they are relevant or true. Up till now, Cal, I was impressed that you were taking the high road in all of this, saying let them compete against each other for the starting spot. Well, so much for the high road, I guess.

Greg..like I said in other replies.
The POINT of this thread is to dispel the notions of other posters
who automatically side w/Favre when they see Favre mention
that TT and MM have spoken half truths regarding the current situation.

The benefit of the doubt is SO swayed to Brett sometimes that
I don't see "how any good can come" of those threads...

That's why I posted this.

My point is not to relay what I've seen..because no matter what I state
as you said..it will just be dismissed as innuendo, untruth, etc...

My POINT is to state that he's not all he seems in public and I think we can say that as a fair statement of ANY public figure. I say the same for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm trying to allude to the Favre-fisters that Brett may be leveraging points to his advantage just as much as they accuse TT and MM of doing so.

ANd to give balance to the equation....
Aaron Rodgers at CAL was arrogant, cocky, had abrasive humor
but was liked because he was winning.

You guys SAW his arrogance and cockiness in his first year in Green Bay.

I don't proclaim to be 100% Fan of Aaron either.

I liked Aaron because of his futuristic/progressive throwing motion while at CAL...which he subsequently has changed now...and has lessened my
fan appreciation for him to a degree. (he still throws one of the prettiest balls I've ever seen).

So again...please don't be so quick to categorize me as taking the "low road" on Brett.

Much to other's surprise, there is not a direct 1 to 1 relationship between
me questioning Favre's agenda and trying to uplift Aaron at the same time.

This is strictly a Favre topic. Separate from Aaron.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

Actually i posted about this many years ago regarding the same subject
and I got angry responses...and that's why I'm refraining.

Sometimes people just don't want to hear it...even if it happened...

So you say WHY NOW?

BECAUSE...I see posts by people who see Brett accusing TT and MM for not speaking the truth half the time. And their responses to that are that TT and MM MUST be in the wrong here..and Brett couldn't have spoke any untruths..

And because of my past experience seeing him in action(off the field)...
I just can't claim that same allegiance to him.

and speaking of getting OLD...referring me to his dad is getting old.

I'm 34 so for me to be Aaron's(who's 24) dad would be quite funny =)

dude, It has been WELL reported on the 3 amigos and the times they had..Or how about the book Deanna wrote on why she was kicking Brett out of the house when he came home from 3 day party weekend and all his crap was out on front lawn..

So big deal...... I think WE all know he wasn't the ideal person back then

non Rodgers dad

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here, hot chicks, at Cal, with poles.

[flash width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Mk8uZZaWUsI.swf[/flash]

[flash width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/v/zasPlQYZEHw.swf[/flash]

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

x1000

Aaron, you and your dad come out of the closet already. God its so pathetic. He is OBVIOUSLY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, UNQUESTIONABLY a relative or close friend of Aaron Rodgers. Either that or he is gay and has a huge mancrush on Aaron.

I have no problem with any of that. But when you try and trash someone and you're lying, thats crossing the line. As stated above, Favre did not attend the pro bowl in the last 10 years.

Its put up or shut up time Cal.

Members online

Latest posts