Brett favre wanted to play for the Bears

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
per Peter King Brett was lobbying to play for the Bears in 2008. That would have been interesting

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link please. This only bolsters my righteous cause. This man should not be honored, his number should be retired until he is dead and buried in the cold gray ground.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let it go man, it's not healthy. It's a game, he's a player and turns out he was a very, very good one too. The rest is just fluff, or personal and hardly any of us know him on a personal level, so why care so much?

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let it go man, it's not healthy. It's a game, he's a player and turns out he was a very, very good one too. The rest is just fluff, or personal and hardly any of us know him on a personal level, so why care so much?
NO.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't news. He would have played for the Lions if he thought that he could prove to the Packers that he was still worth fawning over. The Packers were done begging him to play every offseason, it hurt Favre's feelings, he showed that he could still play at a high level (and beat us twice), and now he's retired. Big deal. He was immature his entire career, I don't know why some seem to think he would have acted maturely upon his exit. Still one of the top players in team history.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Grow up."

You sound like a petulant adolescent girl. The sort who speaks in Valspeak, with the uptalk inflection at the end of every sentence, as if the statement were a question, replete with constant use of "like" as a filler-word, like some sort of verbal tic.
You and everyone else--get this through your thick skulls. I am not getting over it, I am not relenting. And trying to get me, or many others who feel as I do, to do what you want or to buy into the Favreist line is about as likely to succeed as trying to get SNEAKERS O"TOOLE to take his sneakers off. It ain't gonna happen.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already did, as evidenced by my direct quote, or are you unable to read and comprehend?

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not regard those whose rhetoric is taken directly out of the playbook of spoiled adolescent white girls as examples of sarcasm or wit. So yes, I can "catch sarcasm," whatever that means.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not about having thick skulls or being Favreist, whatever that means, it's about moving on. If you can't recognize that the man was a hell of a football player, are you sure your'e really a fan of football. If you're going to hold such a grudge over a player and a game, neither of which your'e involved in or know personally, maybe it's time you gain some perspective on life? It doesn't matter to me if you chose to hold such a grudge over such a trivial thing. It's not my life that's suffering.

I do not regard those whose rhetoric is taken directly out of the playbook of spoiled adolescent white girls as examples of sarcasm or wit. So yes, I can "catch sarcasm," whatever that means.

The irony is thick in this one :)

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not about having thick skulls or being Favreist, whatever that means, it's about moving on. If you can't recognize that the man was a hell of a football player, are you sure your'e really a fan of football. If you're going to hold such a grudge over a player and a game, neither of which your'e involved in or know personally, maybe it's time you gain some perspective on life? It doesn't matter to me if you chose to hold such a grudge over such a trivial thing. It's not my life that's suffering.

I just told you--your efforts are going to fail just as surely as attempts to get SNEAKERS O'TOOLE to take his sneakers off.
Refusal to forgive says nothing about his greatness about a player--quite the contrary. It is precisely because his effort toi give the Vikings a Lombardi Trophy was so dangerous that it should be regarded as the treason it was.
None of us may know the players personally, but we are involved in this. Green Bay Packer football, and our bid to win Super Bowl Championships, is not just a game. It matters to me, and millions of others. You can take such condescending talk and stick it you know where.
Finally, if it did not matter to you and your kind you would not respond.
This matters. It matters that Packer fans continue to countenance turncoats in our midst. How many of those in attendance on Saturday do you think were wearing Favre Vikings jerseys.?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You feel the same about Peppers? Or did he just see the light when he came to GB? Same for Reggie White.....or how about any other player who does the same exact "treason" type thing! Just because it is to our benefit in these cases it is the exact same gesture.

If you truly wish ill and hold it against them, then despite disagreement I can respect you consistency in this mindset.

If you don't, well than I fail to see validity in your stance. The measured (opinion based of course) greatness of a player shouldn't elevate or decrease the amount respect/disrespect one gives/removes from a player so if it was truly such a heinous act by Favre....than I surely hope you feel the same towards EVERY player that has done the same, both to GB and to those whom came to GB from another team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hate is strong in this one :) better leave before it starts to wear off. So much of a life consumed with a player and a game he neither knows, nor plays. What a waste. Carry on.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO E. Wolf's posting on Favre is way over the top. But IMO fans should be careful posting about the perspective of fanatics regarding a game and players they aren't involved in or know personally. For example, my disdain for Favre is in direct proportion to my admiration for Aaron Rodgers. If I should damper my disdain for one, should I also damper my admiration and appreciation for the play and character of the other? And if the perspective argument is taken towards its logical conclusion, how would you justify all the time and passion spent on a game and players, neither of which you are involved in or know personally? I think it’s fair to say nearly everyone who posts here regularly can be classified as a Packers fanatic.
The measured (opinion based of course) greatness of a player shouldn't elevate or decrease the amount respect/disrespect one gives/removes from a player so if it was truly such a heinous act by Favre....than I surely hope you feel the same towards EVERY player that has done the same, both to GB and to those whom came to GB from another team.
If you are saying the actions of a player against the team that made him rich and famous shouldn’t affect the respect the fans of that team have for that player, I disagree. And I would appreciate it if you could list every player that has done the same thing. And if you think that just means going from one team to another, you are attempting to re-write history.

I’m not going to post much about Favre. I’m not going to forgive him until he sincerely asks to be forgiven and since that hasn’t happened to date, my guess is it never will. Much of my posting about Favre has been to correct the record when posters misstate what took place in 2008 and thereafter (actually even back to 2002, if you understand that reference). For me, I am excited for TC to begin and the more Favre fades into the background after this year, the better.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm merely stating in perhaps a too round about way, if one dislikes or hates or doesn't respect Brett for leaving a team he'd been with for years than one must hold the same stance on all of them: Manning, Montana, Emmitt, A-Rod, Jimmie Foxx, Greg Madduxx, Reggie White, Patrick Roy, Charles Woodson, Eric ****erson, Shaq, Barry Bonds, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth and many more....

If one does, than I actually hold quite a bit of respect for someone. If one though is simply holding disdain for Favre simply because in this example in history we weren't the benefactor of the occurrence I ask them to step back and think on it for a second at minimum.

I too love Rodgers more than I ever did with Favre...it is perhaps due to I'm older now and can appreciate what Rodgers is doing more than I did with Favre....but no matter either way I don't hold anything against Favre, dude gave a ton of blood, sweat, tears and heart with a Packer uniform on.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You feel the same about Peppers? Or did he just see the light when he came to GB? Same for Reggie White.....or how about any other player who does the same exact "treason" type thing! Just because it is to our benefit in these cases it is the exact same gesture.

If you truly wish ill and hold it against them, then despite disagreement I can respect you consistency in this mindset.

If you don't, well than I fail to see validity in your stance. The measured (opinion based of course) greatness of a player shouldn't elevate or decrease the amount respect/disrespect one gives/removes from a player so if it was truly such a heinous act by Favre....than I surely hope you feel the same towards EVERY player that has done the same, both to GB and to those whom came to GB from another team.
So are you (and this goes for the subqeuent response as well) obtuse or just dense--why else would you people present false analogies like these. Peppers was a free agent for Chicago, he never was the face of the franchise for the Bears. He was not even a face of the Panthers. Packers and Eagles are not really rivals. Favre on the other hand had came to personify the packers in a way not equaled since perhaps Babe Ruth personified the Yankees. And unlike any other play you can mention, he went to play for a hated rival for the specific purpose to give the championship to our enemy and derail and sabotage the McCarthy Rodgers era, to prevent them from succeeding, to prevent them from winning championships. No other player you can compare Favre to did this. Why is this so hard for you people to understand? Playing for the Jets or some other team? I don't care. Play for the Vikings and I hate your guts with every fibre of my being, you and the legions of turncoat scum who were donning Vikings jerseys and pulling for the vikings against us while daring to claim to be Packers fans. This is why he should be honored--when he is DEAD and BURIED in the cold gray ground, a meaner way to say posthumously.
And yes the hate is strong in me. It gives me strength, gives me focus.
Btw, do any of you cretins really think he wants to see the Packers win another Super Bowl. I don't. If I could be convinced otherwise I might come around someday. But not until then.
Please, in hopes of not wasting your time and mine, spare me the false analogies and convenient omissions of history. It is that aspect that has grown tiresome.

Last edited:

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm merely stating in perhaps a too round about way, if one dislikes or hates or doesn't respect Brett for leaving a team he'd been with for years than one must hold the same stance on all of them: Manning, Montana, Emmitt, A-Rod, Jimmie Foxx, Greg Madduxx, Reggie White, Patrick Roy, Charles Woodson, Eric ****erson, Shaq, Barry Bonds, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth and many more....

These are all false analogies. I know it and you know it. Factor out the baseball players because baseball players get traded all the time. All the others, not one went to his teams most hated rival to give them the hardware and sabotage the new era.
Do you people really not understand this--Brett Favre did not and I believe does not want the Packers to win Super Bowl championships in any post Favre era. And we are supposed to honor him?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMW....love how you speak down to me. Brother, I think you are crazy but never once spoke down to you.

Favre bottomline wasn't done desiring to play and we'd moved on to something better. It is just as much the Packers fault in the end as it is Favre to a certain extent.

You can call them false analogies all you want, but fact is all of those greats switched teams and were in the end attempting to win the big one not for their previous teams.

Wasted enough thought here...go dwell in your hatred, must be a sad room to live in.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will stop talking down to you when you cease with the intellectual dishonesty. he did not just swtich teams. to say that he did is at worst a lie at best an omission or distortion. He engineered his way out of the Jets for the specific, explicitly stated purpose to play FOR THE VIKINGS. TO STICK IT TO GREEN BAY. He did not just switch teams.
I hate all of you people for many reasons--add having to reiterate what should be incontrovertible facts over and over again to dispel your lies, dishonesty and omissions among them.
And I already told you, dwelling in hatred, dwelling in passion is empowering. Look up what Henry Rollins has to say about righteous anger as fuel. So go talk to someone else about dwelling in sad rooms.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Okay, this conversation, while interesting is beginning to spill over into personal insults, so please knock it off. Everybody is entitled to feel the way they do, but when comments start insulting others, the mods will start taking action.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God forbid someone gets their feelings hurt. Is this whole topic still news or something?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts