Brett Favre to meet with McCarthy this week

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtime.......there is a HUGE difference. This is an entirely new coaching staff that hasn't really had ANY contact with him. I'm not saying TT is forcing him out but if you can't see the difference, then there is no sense discussing it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DePack said:
longtime.......there is a HUGE difference. This is an entirely new coaching staff that hasn't really had ANY contact with him. I'm not saying TT is forcing him out but if you can't see the difference, then there is no sense discussing it.

Yup I know, MM will handle things the way he wants..And should explain to Brett what it is he wants to do...That would be the respectful way of handling it...And i would love for him to do it...

But it is not required of him to do it, just as Sherman did not have to do it last year either...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Note they said there was no SCHEDULED meeting. Thats not to say they might not just pop in on him. Maybe they don't want everyone on their butts when they come back from this trip, so they won't tell what their full itinerary is. That way, they could talk in peace, without everyone on their backs the second they get back. Who really knows?

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree - any move made is being scrutinized so closely that they may want the details of the meeting to be private.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DePack said:
OK....but can you think of a reason he would not WANT to be "respectful" and reach out?

Maybe since TT has already expressed his plans with the meetings they had b4 the season ended..Not to much more can be said to Brett???

Brett is still under contract, shouldn't it be up to Brett to say yes I want to play so tell me what the plans are for this season??

TT has also this week come out and said there is no time line now, has stated in public he wants him back...Has had meetings with him during season....So for me I think Brett is well aware that they want him back...

Maybe Brett said let me decide if the desire to play is still there...Then if it is, let me know the direction you are going in and that might play another part...

No one knows exactly what has been said in phone calls and meetings except for the innner circle of people that deal with Brett, TT and MM...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
DePack said:
Forget it.......you don't understand what I'm saying.

Then try to explain?

You asked for a reason and I gave you a few...

OK sorry about my impatience....it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday.

IF I was a newly hired head coach that once coached Brett 6 years ago, AND I wanted Brett to come back I would at least give him a call and let him know what's on my mind. I'm not talking about begging, grovelling or even digital penetration. I'm just talking about communication between the new head coach and his most valuable player, a player that has been the face of the Green Bay Packers for over a decade..

Now, all I am saying is that I find it odd that this hasn't happened, based on the words of MM himself. I'm not saying they are trying to run him out of town or anything else.

Secondly.....if I was the starting QB for the past 14 years and my career plans are iffy right now, I would like to hear from the new coach as to what his plans are. I'm not Brett Favre....maybe he doesn't want to hear from him. I just can't think of one reason why MM would not have spoken to him yet other than he has been told not to. Again...no conpiracy theory.... just the way TT wants to approach it.

Who knows....maybe he doesn't want MM to say the wrong thing and send mixed messages.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i'm talkin' bout "digital penetration"....DePack...

sure..why the hell not...?

He's earned it....

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe MM should invite Brett and some other players to the Senior bowl you know let Brett watch a game with everyone and watch him get all excited and giddy that way

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Maybe MM should invite Brett and some other players to the Senior bowl you know let Brett watch a game with everyone and watch him get all excited and giddy that way

Brett doesn't like watching at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DePack said:
longtimefan said:
DePack said:

Then try to explain?

IF I was a newly hired head coach that once coached Brett 6 years ago, AND I wanted Brett to come back I would at least give him a call and let him know what's on my mind. I'm not talking about begging, grovelling or even digital penetration. I'm just talking about communication between the new head coach and his most valuable player, a player that has been the face of the Green Bay Packers for over a decade..

Now, all I am saying is that I find it odd that this hasn't happened, based on the words of MM himself. I'm not saying they are trying to run him out of town or anything else.

Secondly.....if I was the starting QB for the past 14 years and my career plans are iffy right now, I would like to hear from the new coach as to what his plans are. I'm not Brett Favre....maybe he doesn't want to hear from him. I just can't think of one reason why MM would not have spoken to him yet other than he has been told not to. Again...no conpiracy theory.... just the way TT wants to approach it.

Who knows....maybe he doesn't want MM to say the wrong thing and send mixed messages.

Np!!!

I agree with your explanation...Cept for that TT told him not to contact him..

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
DePack said:
longtimefan said:
DePack said:

Then try to explain?

Np!!!

I agree with your explanation...Cept for that TT told him not to contact him..

Apparently, they have tried to talk on the phone and have not been able to catch each other. Maybe there aren't any cell towers in the middle of the swamp...or where ever Brett's duck blind is located.

Remember, as in last year. Brett never said he was NOT coming back. This year too. He has simply said he would take inventory of his desire to go through the meetings and the tedious side of the game and then decide to come back or not.

Regardless of Brett's decision....I CAN"T WAIT FOR SEPT. 10th!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<<<< I am a FRICKIN" CHEERLEADER???? :shock: :shock: :shock: How humiliating...I think I will go home and mope.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an article discussing Mike Sherman, and how he was lacking in getting a HC chair somewhere's else, mostly because of (wait for it) Brett Favre -- It was posted on JSonline, earlier today - and at the bottom of THAT article - there is an update about Favre and McCarthy -- it states that while McCarthy is down in that neck of the woods, the two of them shall meetup --- both (apparently) had been playing phone tag for several days.... --- So, it's a done deal...

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a done deal. What's a done deal? Favre comin back? If thats the case why the hell would they leave us sittin around scratching our ***** waiting for the answer. I would have to believe that they would announce as soon as possible so that Favre is no longer at the forefront.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
It's a done deal. What's a done deal?

IPB said:
at the bottom of THAT article - there is an update about Favre and McCarthy -- it states that while McCarthy is down in that neck of the woods, the two of them shall meetup ---

the meeting is a done deal...i believe he's just confirming it my man.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok thanks. It seems that all I do now is watch ESPN and this forum to see the Favre decision, and I would have been really pissed if I missed it today. Thanks for the clear up.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
ok thanks. It seems that all I do now is watch ESPN and this forum to see the Favre decision, and I would have been really pissed if I missed it today. Thanks for the clear up.

yeah...last year i was pretty damn sure he was coming back, so i didn't fret too much about it. after watching that last Seahawks game i really started doubting his return, so that bugs me a bit. either way, this next season is going to be completely insane, retirement or not...at least we're all sure of that. :lol:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Git 'er done

The NFL Network reported that Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy talked with Favre on Monday and that the two made plans to meet in Hattiesburg, Miss., after McCarthy is done scouting the Senior Bowl on Saturday in Mobile, Ala.

The report said McCarthy intended to drive from Mobile to Hattiesburg to talk with Favre and determine whether the 36-year-old quarterback plans to return to play next season.

The report said McCarthy and Favre had been leaving phone messages for one another before finally speaking to each other on Monday.

Then, there's this from JSonline, as well..... this A.M.

Favre not put on the Clock...

Everyone's welcome to read into it, what they wish.....

Members online

Latest posts