Brett Favre Talks Retirement on Sportscenter

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supposed to be on during the 11 o'clock sportscenter.

But..... since I'm lazy and don't feel like staying up for the 9 second piece on Favre during John Clayton's "Inside The Huddle" that they will hype throughout the entire show, some one will have to fill me in on it in the morning.

That was a long sentence.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If I had to make a decision right now if I'm coming back, I would say probably not"

"I don't want the ball with 2 minutes left"

not good, he sounded really set in retiring.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. He's not mentally capable anymore? Please. He's loving the attention.

I love Favre. He might want to retire, though, if he doesn't want the ball in the last 2. I want him to have the ball in the last 2 minutes even if he doesn't.

I think this just sets the stage for an awesome 06.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK the segment is done. Favre really seemed set in not coming back. It ended with Irvin and Salisbury arguing over if Favre is still a compitor. It didn't seem good but it is only January.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really want to talk bad about Brett but if he retires it reflects badly on him. It shows that one bad season affects him enough to quit. He has said before that the outcome of this last season won't affect his decision but in the interview it sounded like it did. Also Michael Irvin is an idiot.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot even believe they let a piece of trash like Irvin talk about Brett Favre,

Sean Salsbury couldn[t get his point across beause of that low life Irvin.

Brett said exactly all the things that will be missed when he is gone, it's not about the money or the records, it's about the joy of playing the game.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I don't really want to talk bad about Brett but if he retires it reflects badly on him. It shows that one bad season affects him enough to quit. He has said before that the outcome of this last season won't affect his decision but in the interview it sounded like it did. Also Michael Irvin is an idiot.

Irvin is a coke head and should not be allowed on my TV. He wouldn't shut up about Favre having no "desire" to play again. I've never liked him but man he is a *******

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.... Irving provides the least amount valuable insight of any network analyst. But it is not his fault. Give the man a break.

He does not have the time to do his homework becuase he has to frisk every one entering his home, in the name of helping people be clean and sober. He is helping people, and that is all that matters.

Leave the man alone.

R.P.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn.go.com said:
Retirement On Favre's Mind
To retire or return? Brett Favre still hasn't made up his mind about next season. But the quarterback told ESPN on Sunday night: "If I had to pick right now and make a decision, I would say I'm not coming back."
Just a snippet they have up on the espn home page right now. No full article yet that I have found.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what but I hate to say it but it dont look like he is coming back which is fine I guess. Honestly I just dont really care. I would like to see him back but I wont write off the Pack if he isnt

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More of the same old story. Favre gives an interview to say........ nothing!
If he has not made up his mind then why go public once again with this "Gee I don't know if I want to play anymore" crap.
I said that he pulls this every year two months ago and the loyal excuse makers accused me of stirring up retirement rumors. It is Favre who keeps the "will he stay or go" debate in the news and he just proved it once again.
Did he really need to say this on ESPN or does he need that constant reassurance every month to feel better? Was he afraid that they might play the Super Bowl without his name coming up?
His image takes a kick in the *** every time that he pulls this tired old routine.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate to say it..

but some of you people really ARE ingrates...being led around by the King idiot Bear fan...

and Favre probably has not let "one year" disappoint him...but he's probably been disappointed for several years now...(perhaps 5 or 6 of them)

Unfortunately, he didn't have a coach as good as Elway had at the end of his career...and I pin that on Bob Harlan and Ron Wolf.

JDShell...I wouldn't pin my hopes on the Packers for quite a few years..if Favre doesn't come back...

It's an interview people...they ask him questions and he answers them....I don't know what your getting so worked up about...

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett If It's time It's time. Now please don't get me wrong I don't want to see him go, but I guess if you're gonna go on ESPN and talk about it maybe it is time to go. He knows he's wanted in GB, he knows almost ALL Packer fans adore him and knows what it will be like without him. He knows ALL if that. He's right nobody can say you're gonna be better next year but he also knows that the Pack won't be much with out him....... Yeah He knows alot...... I guess lets get past this Brett and play some football if that's what you're gonna do!?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil....once again, I will try to explain in a way even you can understand. It is constantly on the news and a NATIONAL story because idiots like you a "die-hard Bear fan" is on a Green Bay Packer Forum discussing it. If the story was about Marshall Faulk retiring would you be on a Rams site spewing your garbage?

Brett Favre has stayed away from the media for a month since the season ended. Everybody in the world, including Philtration.com has been trying to contact him because he IS the NFL. If you get ahold of him and ask him a question, he always has and always will give you an honest answer....maybe to a fault. He tells you how he feels at the time you ask him. It might just be me but I actually find honesty refreshing.

Nobody on this board seems to be as impatient as you regarding Favre's retirement. Could it be because he has beaten your bears like a redheaded stepchild for the past 15 years?

Please don't bring up this season......I believe we saw the true bears AT HOME in the playoffs....2003 all over again.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is an honest guy. He answers questions which are asked of him in an honest fashion. Brett could put all this talk to rest by simply refusing to answer questions about his retirement but that's not in his nature.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
More of the same old story. Favre gives an interview to say........ nothing!

If he has not made up his mind then why go public once again with this "Gee I don't know if I want to play anymore" crap.

I somewhat agree. If he doesn't know if he's coming back, why stoke the fire with 'i dont know if i want the ball in crunch' type statements. I wonder what his teamates will think about havin a qb who questions if he wants the ball in his hands during crunch time.

I really wish Brett wouldn't have made that crunch time statement, but hey he's honest and speaks his mind so thats a good thing. I suppose.

I'm a bit torn with Brett now. I know I want him back, but dang man just say you're coming back for two more years. It aint like you can't change your mind after year one or even game six of year one.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts