1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brett Favre SIB Sportsman of the year

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Cdnfavrefan, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my copy today and it was awesome. I was just wondering if anyone else read it. There's an article in the back page by Peter King that is probably one of the greatest pieces I have ever read. Describes Brett perfectly :)
    Dang I noticed I screwed up the title nad don't know how to edit it. Oh well shows how excited I am after reading it

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it on SI's website.

3. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it quickly but still have not been lucky enough to get a copy for future nostalgia sake. Hopefully soon !!!

Fantastic Achievement in my opinion as SI only gives it out once a year and it covers all sports ( Not the easiest Award to Win by a long shot ) Way to go Brett !!!

4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished reading the article online. Outstanding.

Favorite quote from it:

"Sure, I would love to go out with a trip to the Super Bowl, but it doesn't have to end that way. Had I left last year, or even the year before, it's been a great career. I'm content with it." Favre suddenly grows animated, leaning forward in his chair. "I don't know how it's going to end, but I do know this: Throwing a touchdown pass for the Green Bay Packers is pretty neat. I've thrown a ton, and every one of them was a helluva lot of fun."

5. squeallydryan

squeallydryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it. Could have cried a couple of times

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it at my wife's chiropractor's office. It was actually quite good and I'm tempted to buy a copy of my own

7. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was possibly the best article I've read on Favre. Sometimes I feel like we homers :lol: overblow the whole Favre thing because he's a Packer. After reading that article, I feel like I've underappreciated him all these years.

Fun Fact of the article: I knew he and Deanna were high school sweethearts, but I didn't know they knew each other since they were SEVEN! That's amazing!

8. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it and loved it. One of the best articles I have read in a long time.
    I will never throw it out as my Mom changed the SI subscription mailing address to mine after my Dad passed away a few months ago. The magazine cover still bears his name.

9. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    D**n "Favre Firsters".... :lol:

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

11. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that penny article in the back was the best part of the whole thing. For some reason I found that so cool

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I thought it was pretty great. He deserves it. Favre rules.

13. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre embodies everything that is sportsmanship, competition, passion, and a supreme love of the game...he is the absolute sportsman, the eternal competitor, and still the young kid at heart from southern mississippi who just wants to go out there and play ball....We love you Brett...then, now, and always.

14. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am so glad that when I renewed my subscription to Packer Report, I automatically was signed up to get the SI for free. Thus, I got my copy this weekend. Otherwise, I would be like so many other people who can't find copies. That is one SI I will be saving.

I cried several times while reading the article.

We have been very fortunate to meet Pete D'Amico who goes to Kiln. What a neat guy. We have also been fortunate to meet Bonita and Brandy when we were on the Fuzzy cruises. Very nice people.

There was a benefit for the Gulf Coast relief fund this past Sat. night at the Midway in GB. I believe they made over $6000. Pete and his friends do a great job of organizing these events.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I STILL haven't been able to find a copy here at all!
    I just heard SI reprinted 50 thousand copies.........i hope i can track down one of them!