Brett Favre on future: “I’m done, I’m done”

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings quarterback Brett Favre announced his plans to retire on Wednesday for the seventeenth time in his career. “I’m done, I’m done,” said Favre.* (Vikings everywhere silently nod their head.) This may seem like a familiar story, but there are key differences to this retirement. * We ignored the news for a few hours, which…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I really think he's actually gone after this year, but I still think we'll end up seeing Ed Werder camped outside of his house this summer because of some sort of drama.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Reminds me of something I just read...

Just when you thought it was all over and you were never going to see 'em again... The Comeback Tour rears its ugly head! Here are some of the biggest comeback tours of all time:

1. Michael Jackson - 2009
2. Barbra Streisand - every year
3. Spinal Tap - 2009
4. Cream - 2005
5. Phish - 2009
6. Diana Ross and the Supremes - 2000
7. Elvis - 1968
8. New Kids on the Block - 2008
9. The Police - 2007
10. Led Zeppelin - 2007
I'll add
11. Brett Favre 2011 "NFL team tour" Where will he play next year?

I don't believe it for a second,.... He's just wanting the drama to start mid season rather than start at the end of the season. He's not been in the news so much the last week or so....so what better way to get some more attention, than to start this old saga up again! :sFun_DeadHorse:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't think any team would take him next year. Vikings are probably getting a bit tired of the spotlight, since it went from good press to bad this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
His official forum has posted that same article, and was posted by one of Bretts inner circle men

So I say its true

If not, they are really going to look like idiots (more so than they do now)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minneapolis police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Brad
Childress' house last night. *An empty egg carton was recovered at the
scene. Two eggs hit Mr. Childress' house, 3 eggs went over his house and hit
his neighbor's back door, 2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door
neighbors, and the remaining 3 eggs were found broken on the ground near the
carton from where the individual threw them.

Looking at what was hit, police officials say they are considering Brett Favre as the prime suspect.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fran, Cinci, Carolina and Seattle are all places I think he would be an upgrade.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
His official forum has posted that same article, and was posted by one of Bretts inner circle men

So I say its true

If not, they are really going to look like idiots (more so than they do now)

seems like they posted all the previous retirements first as well.....again ...another one who revels in the drama:spiteful:

San Fran, Cinci, Carolina and Seattle are all places I think he would be an upgrade.

what??? No Detroit?? Since the Queens will probably be in Los Angeles soon!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this retirement BS again! There are plenty of teams who still need QBs but I don't think any of them, even San Fran are desperate enough to sign Favre. He may decide to come out of retirement again but it may be futile if no team will have him. Is there a way for the league to say, no you cannot come back and put an end to this if he decides to do it again? If he does go the path of retirement, I say give him a year at the most and we'll be seeing him again. Either coaching (hopefully not in GB) or announcing/ commentating. Who wouldn't love hearing his wonderful commentary during a Sunday football game, especially the Packers? LOL, I'd rather listen to Troy Aikmen and Jimmy Johnson ramble all day long!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are trapped in a room with a hungry grizzly bear, a crazed lion, and a favre fan. You have a gun with two bullets, what should you do?

Shoot the Favre fan. Twice.

LMAO, you are just rollin' man!!! You've made me spit choco milk all over my keypad twice already in the same thread!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Awesome!!!:hunter:... crazed lion, hungry bear...nothing compares to the favre fanatics!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like they posted all the previous retirements first as well.....again ...another one who revels in the drama:spiteful:

what??? No Detroit?? Since the Queens will probably be in Los Angeles soon!

I like stafford when he is healthy. He is the new Chad Pennington.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he said same exact thing after the JETS

Was it for real, and believe me it is, is what he said

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, with all this denial he MUST be coming back guns a-blazin' next season! anyone who believes him now has a VERY short memory.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would really like him to keep on playing for Minny to keep on helping them with their downfall.

I won't actually believe that he has quit for good until he is either 6 ft under or the season starts and he's not playing. Whatever comes first.

If this is his last year, I am very very grateful that
A) It is one of his worst. (Made the all time record for most fumbles and his int ratio is greater than TDs.)
B) Packers got there revenge!
He is 2/2 against the Pack. It's the best we can hope for and I'm fine with that since it is what it is.

(P.S. I hope there are OBF losers reading this.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are trapped in a room with a hungry grizzly bear, a crazed lion, and a favre fan. You have a gun with two bullets, what should you do?

Shoot the Favre fan. Twice.

The Favre people take issue with this joke

It really is riling up his pilot David he specifically mentioned it to me..

Wait, he claims he doesnt fly him,. no owns OBF so I guess just a "friend"

So my official stance is I do not approve of it, but this is a free forum post as you wish

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would the Vikings really consider resigning him even if he said he wasn't retiring? I highly doubt it. They have to be gearing toward rebuilding, sans Favre.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me throw this out there, and don't jump on me, I'm pissed about Favre being a Viqueen as much as anybody. If he is retiring, do we do the one day signing then let him retire as a Packer, or are the wounds too deep on either side to allow that to happen?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What ever Ted ( or the BOD) decides to do

They are in charge..I dont care either way