Brett Favre named Fed Ex Air P.O.T.Y.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which also means $25,000 for the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation.
WTG Brett!

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

Brett Favre and Fred Taylor named 2007 FedEx Air & Ground NFL PLayers of the Year

NFL.com

Quarterback Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers and running back Fred Taylor of the Jacksonville Jaguars were named the FedEx Air and Ground NFL players of the year Wednesday.

In honor of the winners' great play, FedEx will donate $25,000 to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation and Wolfson Children's Hospital (Baptist), the local children's hospitals in each player's market. In addition, Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation in Arizona will receive a $25,000 donation during the week of Super Bowl XLII.

For the fourth season in a row, the Air & Ground program was a win for the local community. This season, the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week awards included $5,000 donations to the local children's hospital in the two winners' markets. That means that FedEx has delivered nearly $250,000 to local children's hospitals around the country in recognition of the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Program, bringing the four-season total to nearly $100,000.

Favre led the Packers to a 13-3 record and to the No. 2 seed in the NFC. Favre completed 66.5 percent of his passes (356 of 535) for 4,155 yards (4th in the league), and threw 28 touchdown passes. In 2007, Favre passed John Elway (148) for the most wins by a quarterback with 160, passed Dan Marino (420) for most career touchdown passes with 442, and passed Marino (62) for the most career games with three-or-more touchdowns passes with 63 career games. Favre also eclipsed the all-time career passing yards mark set by Marino (61,361) with 61,655. His 82-yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings against Denver on Oct. 29 was the second-longest overtime touchdown in NFL history, tying Tom Brady and Troy Brown on Oct. 19, 2003. Favre was nominated for six FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week awards in 2007, winning five times.

Taylor led the Jaguars to an 11-5 record and the number five seed in the AFC by rushing for 1,202 yards (fifth in the AFC, ninth in the league) over only 223 carries (5.4 average) and scoring five touchdowns. Taylor helped the Jaguars finish strong by finishing his season with five 100-plus yard games in Weeks 12-16, with one of his best performances coming at Pittsburgh, rushing for 147 yards over 25 carries and scoring one touchdown to beat the Steelers 29-22. This year, Taylor became the 21st running back in history with 10,000 yards rushing (10,715). Taylor was nominated for two FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week awards in 2007, winning once.

Favre and Taylor were selected from among six finalists in air and ground categories. The other FedEx Express NFL Player of the Year finalists were New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and San Diego Chargers running back Ladainian Tomlinson were finalists for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Year.

More than 1,000,000 fan votes were cast at NFL.com from Tuesday, Jan. 8 through Wednesday, Jan. 23. After tabulating this season's fan voting the six finalists were chosen by a panel of NFL experts.

Last year, New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and Tomlinson were named the 2006 FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Year. Bengals QB Carson Palmer and Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander were named the 2005 FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Year. Colts QB Peyton Manning and New York Jets RB Curtis Martin were named the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Year in 2004. Manning was also the winner of the 2003 FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Year Award, along with Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green.

FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $34 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 275,000 employees and contractors to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit fedex.com.

FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really am having a hard time keeping up with all the awards and honors Brett has won this year but am happy for guys like you who focus on the positive. Much appreciated,

Thanks MidwestFavreFan !!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Do you mean they looked past the last pass and still gave him the award. That doesn't happen, wait the youngsters must have stepped it up to overcome his shortcommings. /Sarcasm off.

Congrats Brett and the Packers, thanks for a great year full of fun moments and joy. One game, one pass a season it doesn't make.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Congrats Brett!! Heres to next season. Again I love how he speaks. And it isnt the end of the world that we didnt get into the Superbowl.

You stay away from my man! He's mine, you hear?!

Okay you can have him...LOL...I am happy with who I am married to darn dang it..LOL.. I like Brett as a person, hes just humble, down to earth and he just says things so honestly...

Latest posts