Brett Favre - Four time MVP missed due to a trade?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of Brett, here is some food for thought.

Let's go back to the Moss deal. How well would Brady have played if Moss didn't go to New England? Would he really have beaten Brett out of the MVP title? I wonder.

Even if Moss didn't come to GB, I think Moss had more to do with Brady's year than any other player. This is of course easy to see after the season, but it's interesting how these deals affect so many things within the league. Brett could have left the league as the only four time MVP.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will never know. What i do know is that the Packers had an awesome season last year without Moss. I think not picking up Moss turned out pretty good for the Packers.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will never know. What i do know is that the Packers had an awesome season last year without Moss. I think not picking up Moss turned out pretty good for the Packers.

Yeah because if we WOULD have had Moss we would have definitely went 4-12

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying that we needed to pick up Moss for this to occur, I am just saying that if NE would NOT have picked him up, that it's quite possible that Brett would have his fourth MVP. He didn't need Moss to take second to Brady and everyone is saying that that title would be his if it weren't for Brady's awesome performance last year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of Brett, here is some food for thought.

Let's go back to the Moss deal. How well would Brady have played if Moss didn't go to New England? Would he really have beaten Brett out of the MVP title? I wonder.

Even if Moss didn't come to GB, I think Moss had more to do with Brady's year than any other player. This is of course easy to see after the season, but it's interesting how these deals affect so many things within the league. Brett could have left the league as the only four time MVP.

First off, I'm proud of the '07 Packers.

But that's a great question. Would Brady have had his MVP year w/o Moss? No way. Moss gave a lot of single coverage to Wes Welker, which Welker exploited. I think Welker is an excellent WR, one of the best in the NFL. But would you rather give up a first down to Welker or a deep completion to Moss? Either way, you're hurting. Moss gave the Patriots that, and opposing D's suffered.

I think Moss would have helped the Pats more than it would have helped us. Favre WAS able to throw deep very well without Moss. Brady would NOT have been able to throw deep well in '07 without Moss.

Good post, Timmons.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronMan said:

Yeah because if we WOULD have had Moss we would have definitely went 4-12

are you still here? go pick fights on a Brett Favre website or something.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it mattered who Brady had. He was going to have a great year regardless who was catching the passes.

I also don't think having Moss would have made much difference for the Packers. Jennings did just fine as our deep threat. Driver made his acrobatic catches.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady would not have been MVP without Moss.

That said, I was perfectly fine with how TT handled that situation, and hindsight is 20/20. There was no guarantee Moss would work out for us or the Patriots, and indeed there's no guarantee things won't go bad with Moss and the Patriots.

Of course there are never guarantees, but with Moss there are added risks, plus the fact that he stunk in Oakland (on a bad team).

The Pats couldn't win the big one with Randy, and we haven't seen how he'll respond to any adversity in New England.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Moss is already on record saying he did not want to go to the Green Bay Packers.

Enough. With. The. Beating..... says the dead horse

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is already on record saying he did not want to go to the Green Bay Packers.

I watched the Super Bowl press conference and he said he wanted to play in Green Bay but he said they were very cautious about him and were telling him that Driver is the guy and so on. Maybe I didn't hear it right.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I watched the Super Bowl press conference and he said he wanted to play in Green Bay but he said they were very cautious about him and were telling him that Driver is the guy and so on. Maybe I didn't hear it right.

You heard that exactly right. Packers reps told Moss he had to be on his best behavior and told him that it was Drivers team (the WR's). Don't think that the Patriots didn't have a similar convo with Moss too. There was much more to Moss not landing in GB than Moss being told to behave.

I've heard, read a lot, but I'm going with what I heard from Moss' mouth. He didn't want to come to GB. Which sucks, cuz he's a helluva WR and would have been an awesome addition.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only do I believe Favre would be MVP, he probably would've been the one throwing 50 TD passes.

Remember, before Grant started going crazy, Favre kept throwing 50 passes a game.

Wes Welker is like a black Driver. Donte Stallworth is pretty much a more experienced Greg Jennings--except Jennings is better.

Donald Lee had a breakout season.

As good as Brady is, if Brady was a Packer and Favre was a Patriot... Favre probably would've had the same--if not better--success.

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well food for thought anyway. I think Brady would have had a good year, but I don't think he would have beaten Farve for the the MVP without Moss. I think Moss opened up things for Welker as mentioned above.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse on it, I'm just giving a retrospective look at it. the MVP doesn't matter much anyway, and we wouldn't have been any better with Moss. Our receiving corps is beyond competent.

Members online

Latest posts