Brett Favre expects to play out the season

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings interim head coach Leslie Frazier made clear this week that Brett Favre is his starting quarterback, and today Favre made clear that he wants to remain the Vikings’ starting quarterback for the rest of the 2010 season. “We’ve got six games left,” Favre said. “I hope to finish them all. I want to finish…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well at least he finishes what he starts, I'll give him that. Yeah, finishing the total destruction of the Vikings. Thanks Favre!!!!

Like Jess's avatar..."Thanks for coming back!"

awesomeness!:viksux:

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been my hope all along, that Brett Favre secretly (or inadvertently) ruins the Vikings franchise. I think that as long as he is inducted into the Hall of Fame AS A PACKER, I'll be a-ok with his stint as a Viking in the long run...

but at the moment, he can choke on a Viking horn.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at least he finishes what he starts, I'll give him that. Yeah, finishing the total destruction of the Vikings. Thanks Favre!!!!
I would find some admiration in that. The commish may have some other opinions on how many games he plays. I would not put it past him to do something for a little more drama. Like he gets creamed on a play and tries staggering to his feet, but just can't do it. Gets hauled off on a stretcher. Retires the next day because his knee won't let him play.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
So far as I can tell Brett Favre suffered at least two MAJOR losses this year.....

his dignity and respect!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
So far as I can tell Brett Favre suffered at least two MAJOR losses this year.....

his dignity and respect!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, DAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOMMMMM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Preach it! :preach:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
These are comments from the article on USA Today , entitled...

Brett Favre: " I hope to finish them all" for the Vikings

Where he's basically saying that he intends on sticking it out, when he made the "re-evalute" comment.
An entire article of excuses, blah blah blah.... the best part of the read are the comments!
I love love LOVE reading the comments 99% of the time...

Here's the link to the article,..but I copy/pasted the best of the best of the comments! enjoy!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/brett-favre-i-hope-to-finish-them-all-for-vikings/1

..........comments!!!

"The only quarterback to record his own sack.....................................I'll be here all week"

"The old fool just doesn't know when to call it quits....oh, yes he does actually; he just doesn't know when to quit coming back."

"The Vikings are now living proof of the old adage you reap what you sow."

"Well he killed the vikes chances this year, why not finish them off."

"It shows character that Favre will finish the season. It will show greater character for Favre to call it a career after this season. There is such a thing as staying on too long."

"Keep trying until you fail completely must be his new motto! There is no disgrace in "hanging it up," beats hanging it "out!" lol "

"I just wish brett was committed to saving what thread of dignity and respect he may still hold for himself and EXIT STAGE LEFT! Geez, what a narcissistic ego-maniac....even more so than most typical prima donna, "cave man" intelligence jocks do. Plzzzzzzz just SHUT UP and leave for goodness sake!!!"

"He's a jerk... It is All about Brett. He thinks he is not only BIGGER than the game, he thinks he IS the game. He is also an immoral clod."

and the first post of this article....

"How much more can they condense the plays???? AP off right tackle, Brett Favre dropping back and throwing int's....... what's left after that? No wonder they suck so bad this year.... i could sit in my living room and call 80% of the plays before they happen. If i can do that, what do you think an opposing defense can do? Add in the fact that all Favre can do is drop back 3 or 5 steps and wait to get hit. He can't move out of the way, he can't run for positive yards.... how much easier can you make it on the opposing defense? Favre makes all these claims about doing what is right for the team... that now translates into "How do I get my 300 consecutive starts in before I get killed?" Favre is in the game for one reason and one reason only.... how many more records can i set??? Don't forget that every int. and fumble is a new record.... every passing yard is a new record....(i would mention TD's, but they can't score any).... what record does he not hold? You want to do something for the team.... take a hike, go back to your wife (or whatever cheerleader you are chasing this week) and leave the football to the young guys who can actually play the game. Yes, Favreis a tough guy... but that does not score points or take away ints. Please Please Please sit your old @ss down and enjoy retirement while you can!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I do understand why some people say...They cant make the playoffs, so let TJ get vital experience..Makes sense..

But if Brett would let that happen and hang them up, we would bash him for not sticking it out

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Would we now?? Would we? * just saw the Troy P. head and shoulders commercial!

I'm not sure we would bash him,... or would it be the fans....."TOLD YOU SO!"

But its pretty dang obvious this guys going nowhere without some serious kicking and screaming,....so let it be the queens fans rather that us thats doing the screaming!:biggrin:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what he do, people will always remember Favre finishing his career playing subpar and losing in embarassing fashion to the Packers. Sure, they'll also remember the NFCC game, but it'll also be mentioned the INT.

The end of his career is tarnished beyond repair. The only thing that can happen for it to be "smoothed" is for him to play lights out, and for them to win the reminder of their games.

But no matter what happens, people will always remember that he stayed one year too long.

If he had retired last year, there would be two line of thoughts, both equaly strong IMHO:
1) He ended his career with a backbreaking pick in the NFCC game.
2) He played the best season of his career, if he had come back for one more year, he could've led the Vikings to the SB.

If he hadn't come back, there would always be that doubt that he still could've played great. But as he has returned and failed miserably, the last option isn't available...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Brett hold another press conference? Or do conference call with reporters like he did with the JETS?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
If he hadn't come back, there would always be that doubt that he still could've played great. But as he has returned and failed miserably, the last option isn't available...

just think of the senerio if he didn't come back the first time, second time.... well you get the idea.
Jump to this season,...
the nagging question would of been for the vike fans..."If only he'd come back... "
but now WE are faced with the nagging question..."What WILL it take to make him go away???"

seriously have been enjoying this debacle of the season though... so "Thanks Brett":happy0005:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts