Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong LT, I love this site and the discussions that go on here. There are some very intellingent peeps here. But it just seems that whenever there is a opportunity to pile on Favre, it becomes viral and common sense seems to go out the window. But the discussions do provide entertainment and challenges that make coming here all the more fun.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I do like presenting the other side and arguing against (what I see ) mistruths and historical revision. Maybe its my political background and instinct to argue against certain points that I see as unfair and thats why I don't shut up and ignore some posts.

All season long we heard how Brett would get it done..how Brett was the man, how Brett will not choke and all the other things....Since that did not happen, I think it is/was expected to for people to "pile" on Brett..

And whats funny? You are really the only one left here still debating this or defending him.

I salute you!

If you or anyone else EVER has a complaint about a post, go ahead and report it..I ASSURE you it will be looked at and handled accordingly! And we will not ban asap

Not like a certain q/b own message board where they ban you the minute you make a post that might have the hint of Brett isnt as great as people think.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All season long we heard how Brett would get it done..how Brett was the man, how Brett will not choke and all the other things....Since that did not happen, I think it is/was expected to for people to "pile" on Brett..

And whats funny? You are really the only one left here still debating this or defending him.

I salute you!

If you or anyone else EVER has a complaint about a post, go ahead and report it..I ASSURE you it will be looked at and handled accordingly! And we will not ban asap

Not like a certain q/b own message board where they ban you the minute you make a post that might have the hint of Brett isnt as great as people think.

Actually that whole conversation with Aaron was nothing. They asked him a question, he answered it very simply, he wasn't crying about it. Brett fans who come on this board shouldn't be so sensitive about anything however small about Brett. We AR fans have had to listen to the "that's a pass Favre doesn't miss" for two years now and it's not likely to end in the near future.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong LT, I love this site and the discussions that go on here. There are some very intellingent peeps here. But it just seems that whenever there is a opportunity to pile on Favre, it becomes viral and common sense seems to go out the window. But the discussions do provide entertainment and challenges that make coming here all the more fun.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I do like presenting the other side and arguing against (what I see ) mistruths and historical revision. Maybe its my political background and instinct to argue against certain points that I see as unfair and thats why I don't shut up and ignore some posts.

I think there are a serious amount of mistruths flying around here. We need to get to the bottom of this. We need the gang from Scooby Doo.

Seriously. Who cares if they talk or not. I don't. Favre is a ******. Aaron Rodgers is awesome. There, I just settled the debate.

On a lighter note.....I just had a root canal done the other day. It really hurt. Like a lot. Luckily my dentist was nice enough to give me a few Brett Favres to take care of the pain. He said I shouldn't drink, but to take them with food.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are a serious amount of mistruths flying around here. We need to get to the bottom of this. We need the gang from Scooby Doo.

Seriously. Who cares if they talk or not. I don't. Favre is a ******. Aaron Rodgers is awesome. There, I just settled the debate.

On a lighter note.....I just had a root canal done the other day. It really hurt. Like a lot. Luckily my dentist was nice enough to give me a few Brett Favres to take care of the pain. He said I shouldn't drink, but to take them with food.

Scooby Doo says you just got Favred.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
"If it hadn't been for those pesky Aaron Rodgers kids I would still be in Green Bay."

-Brett Favre, if he were a villain on Scooby Doo.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me that brINT is over and done with Green Bay.
At least as long as he is a Viqueen.
Maybe he'll wake up and appreciate the chances he got from the Pack and how they made him a pretty decent QB. If it hadn't been for them maybe he wouldn't have had a carrer to fondly look back on.
I wonder if it will actually be him or a life size cardboard cutout of Burt they will have at the jersey number retiring ceremony. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't show up.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Maybe he'll wake up and appreciate the chances he got from the Pack and how they made him a pretty decent QB. If it hadn't been for them maybe he wouldn't have had a carrer to fondly look back on.
I wonder if it will actually be him or a life size cardboard cutout of Burt they will have at the jersey number retiring ceremony. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't show up.

I actually have a lifesize cardboard cut-out of Brent. In it he's wearing a Bergstrom Automotive T-shirt. Fantastic. I used to have it in my basement, now its in the storage loft in my garage.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IMO this year proved that he could have been so much better. He finally learned a little how to protect the ball and trust your teammates. Why is it that no one can see that if it weren't for GB and Holmgren he may very well have been a nobody? That would have been sad with that arm and that talent.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I actually have a lifesize cardboard cut-out of Brent. In it he's wearing a Bergstrom Automotive T-shirt. Fantastic. I used to have it in my basement, now its in the storage loft in my garage.
Cut a hole in the crotch, tape a bunch of cotton in the hole so nobody cuts themselves, sell on the Official Brett Favre Message Board.

That's what I would do with it. :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cut a hole in the crotch, tape a bunch of cotton in the hole so nobody cuts themselves, sell on the Official Brett Favre Message Board.

That's what I would do with it. :D

Damnnnnnnnnnnn

thats funny!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, you'd be sitting on a gold mine. Would the cotton be in the front, or in the back? hahahahaha

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
IMO this year proved that he could have been so much better. He finally learned a little how to protect the ball and trust your teammates. Why is it that no one can see that if it weren't for GB and Holmgren he may very well have been a nobody? That would have been sad with that arm and that talent.
Maybe Holmgren could have made Jeff George into a "somebody" too? Hard to tell really but the guys with million dollar arms and ten cent heads seem to be a dime a dozen in the pros. Favre is a unique talent don't get me wrong, but without the nurturing of Holmy in his formative years it is hard to believe brINT would have had the career that he did. Green Bay "rescued" him from Glanville's dog house. I remember when I read that our brand new GM traded a D1 for a QB that was drafted the previous year in the second round I was pissed as hell. Glanville was convinced favre would never amount to a pinch of ****. Undisciplined, cocky, loved to party way more than play football... What would Ryan Leaf have done with Holmy???

Obviously none of this is quantifiable but it sure is a fun thought exercise.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Maybe Holmgren could have made Jeff George into a "somebody" too? Hard to tell really but the guys with million dollar arms and ten cent heads seem to be a dime a dozen in the pros. Favre is a unique talent don't get me wrong, but without the nurturing of Holmy in his formative years it is hard to believe brINT would have had the career that he did. Green Bay "rescued" him from Glanville's dog house. I remember when I read that our brand new GM traded a D1 for a QB that was drafted the previous year in the second round I was pissed as hell. Glanville was convinced favre would never amount to a pinch of ****. Undisciplined, cocky, loved to party way more than play football... What would Ryan Leaf have done with Holmy???

Dude....Denny Green totally made Jeff George into a somebody. The Vikings should seriously bring back Jeff George next season....or Steve DeBerg.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Undisciplined, cocky........I guess he hasn't changed as much as I thought he had. Just too bad he didn't apply some of the stuff Holmy tried to teach him til he went to the Vikes. Well at least the "best team he's ever been on" didn't get him to a SB.

Members online

Latest posts