Brett Favre (29 Minutes)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett being Brett. He is going to tell it as it is. This press conferance is the perfect illustration of why I love Brett.

The thing I take out of it most is Brett is not expecting a Super Bowl run. I think he knows that it is just not going to happen and he's ok with that. Not that he isn't going to give it his all but I think that he has accepted the fact that he cannot be 22 players at once. Hopefully Brett will just relax and enjoy perhaps his last year in the league.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems ready to go out and play. He sounds optimistic about this season but not overly optimistic if you know what I mean. He's going to go out there and make plays. Will the Packers make a Super Bowl run this year? Maybe, maybe not. That's why they play the games.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had changed my opinion of Favre, as to how he handled his retirement issue, after a poster enlightened us on our past heroes and how they handled retirement. I came to the conclusion that Favre is owed consideration even if it does include some waffling.

That said, I am beginning to think our next season won't be unlike any of our previous six or so. Hopefully it won't be anything like last year but perhaps we'll win more than we lose and maybe, just maybe, squeak into the playoffs. With any key injuries, a repeat of last year is entirely possible.

Every year I think that this is the year that Favre is going to calm down and take what he's given by the defense. Every year he proves me wrong and, with his recent comments about taking chances, this year will be no different. It more than likely will be a high interception year. Some will be the fault of the receivers but we will no doubt hear the announcers mutter something like, "only Brett Favre would make that pass."

I do think the Packers are a better team this year with Favre - if only because there still is not the team concept. Hopefully, we're getting there. In the meantime, win or lose, I'll be watching.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts