Brett Farve Boos! Did he deserve em this time?

Did Brett Farve Deserved to be Booed at the END of the game?

• Yes - He's a traitor!! Nuff Said, except BOOOOOO

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No - He's still a Packer Legend even if he is wearing purple.

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Boos at the beginning of the first Viking series I loved. But, what about the booing at the end of the game as he's running off the field. Did Farve deserve to be booed at the end of the game? I'm conflicted on this. I want to say yes, he deserves it, but at the same time it felt kind of mean spirited. I dunno, what do you think.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the s*** he pulled he deserves everything he gets, no amount of glory with the Pack excuses the **** way he went to the vikes to try to cause as much trouble for the team that gave him a career as he can. though i must admitt i feel a little warmer toward him after tonight ha! :viksux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't kick a man when he's down, but can you name a better time to kick him? LOL. Seriously serious I'm not being serious. My soft heart wanted to feel sorry for him at the end of the game. I can't imagine what must be running though his mind. But my sympathy has its limits. You reap what you sow and tonight Favre got a big old reaping. The whole situation to me seemed a shame because it didn't have to be like this. It's saddens me to think of what he has turned his legacy into. When fans who once loved you, maybe even worshiped you boo you as you are leaving the field for what may be a final time, after you've been beaten down, that saddens me. It's the reason why he was being boo'd, it's just a shame and a waste of a legend that could of been great but is now deduced to joke that gets boo'd as he walks onto the field and as he exits, very much the way he came. But can you really feel so sorry for him? He made his bed, now he must lie in it. Be a man, salvage what you have left and go on with your life. Every moment is precious, don't waste time trying to reclaim glory that is long since dead.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think it'd be nice to give him some cheers at the end of the game. To be honest though, if he would've beat us. . .I wouldn't even consider cheering him as he walked out.

The only reason I think people may have compassion for him is because we won, so all was well. At least that's how I felt. . .then I thought, 'what if Harvin had 2 feet in and they beat us. . .well then I wouldn't care for him at all.'

So that's my take on it.

I'll consider thinking about how much I used to like him, but in 10 years or so. Until then, he's an opposing QB and booing him is fine with me. I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't judge anyone who was.

GO PACK GO!

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had to be expecting it, i mean c'mon man....

Post game was classless though...i mean 5 years ago i bet he could've pulled through and won....but thats neither here or there. I agree we should've just cheered for our win. but hey....we couldnt stop them ********. GO PACK GO!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he deserved all of them. And here is why:

He went out of his way to force a play for a division rival, played the gaem for a year and then did what he had to to go where he knew it would hurt the FANS the most, not management.

To top it off last season he was smug and contrite after his Ws against GB (moreso than others, I have watched EVERY BF postgame) and not saying i am an expert by any stretch, it was obvious he took particular pleasure from destroying this fan base. He relished in those boos and wanted them. He got them. It didnt work in his favor this time.

On a side note... HE IS NO LONGER A PACKER!!!! Boo every player for the opponent regardless. It is the nature of sports. ROOT FOR THE TEAM, NOT the NUMBER...

I will root for Favre when he gets into the HOF. That is if he comes to his senses and realizes that the LOVE THIS fanbase showed him when he was hurting, when he lost his father and went through rehab, when he had it all, through thick and thin... you know, the things he has forgotten, comes back to him. If Brett decides to give the credit to us that WE deserve for looking past his shortcomings and still embracing him comes out during his HOF ceremony, then I will again regard him as a Packer. I can hope, but his beef with the team seems like a "Hatfield-McCoy" type.

I cannot say he will even give this team ANY credit for his success at this point. His bitterness drives MY bitterness.

So... in short... NO. BOO his *** back to the Southand I hope that we end that record we allowed him to have for so many years.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant cheer for ANYONE who prides themselves over their team, fans and family. He has become someone totally different from when he was with The Packers. He has earned every single BOOO that has come his way, and I can only hope his wife, family, and Jenn Sterger are joining in. His dad would have kicked his *** for the way he is behaving nowdays.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I booed too, and I wasn't even at the game.

Act like a ******, get treated like a ******.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO! I booing is a sign of bitterness celebrating a victory is not emotionally a victory with bitterness. That is called being a sore winner... which many Packer fans were. We won and we made him a gimp. That's insult enough... I wish we could've all just been silent with a little smirk on our face.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And along the lines of my previous post... were we celebrating our victory or his loss? Poor sportsmanship.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't agree with the BOOS post-game...but I am not a Favre Fan at all right now...I can't even watch History of the Green Bay Packers without getting annoyed at the Favre & Holmgren section...It twists my stomach.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Looking back, I don't have a problem with the after game boos of Farve. He kicked us in the ****. Payback is a *****. And, it probably yanked the nose hairs of the OBF people to no end to see their hero booed especially as he's limping off.

The Packers got the last laugh at Lambeau. Or should I say Boo. LOL That makes me all happy inside.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know a few OBF posters have season tickets in that part of stadium where Brett went into the tunnel

Wonder how they felt?

njpackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thought is that maybe if it wasn't for the "Jets debacle" then his image would be less tarnished and may have had enough left as the player "BF" to merit cheers at the end of the game.

Thats how I read it when I heard you guys at the game.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand why it's classless to boo THE OPPOSING QB OF THE ARCH-RIVAL.

Because that man is the reason for alot of our great Packer memories. Like it or not! Do people forget that he got pushed out of Green Bay, that was not his choice, he was ready to come back. I guess my opinion and more than not people with dis agree with me. But I thought they should applauded him off the field for everything he has done for us ( even last night :happy0005:). Dont get me wrong Arods my boy, but sometimes we treat Favre like he did something to GB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because that man is the reason for alot of our great Packer memories. Like it or not! Do people forget that he got pushed out of Green Bay, that was not his choice, he was ready to come back. I guess my opinion and more than not people with dis agree with me. But I thought they should applauded him off the field for everything he has done for us ( even last night :happy0005:). Dont get me wrong Arods my boy, but sometimes we treat Favre like he did something to GB.

I am nipping this now, cuz it will turn into a fight..

No one take the statement and argue with him..

That is his opinion..

Move on past it

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts