Brett fans have moved on?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seen this and just shook my head..Was surfing and found this on a site...I just couldnt believe my eyes and how brain washed they are..Wish I could reply to them, but I can't, they wont give me approval to post..

People claim Packer fans cant let it go, but to this day people STILL are brain washed by things that are based ONLY on rumors...

Everything this poster says can be disputed and proved wrong by Andrew Brandt, Al Jones and Brett himself, and the Jets...

I don't mean to go on and on about this, but there was one more point I forgot to make. To me, the primary beef with the Packers was a general feeling of them dictating how Favre would end his career. Phase one was "pressuring" and "harrassing" Favre until he would retire,

as he told Ed Werder in his weekend ESPN interview,all he heard from the Packers after the 2007 season was "crickets,'' meaning he thinks they wanted him to walk away -- he was a convincing retiree.

So which is it? They harassed him, or they didnt talk to him at all??

the Packers offered him $20million to stay retired.

Andrew Brantd has put this to bed a few times..This was offered to Brett in Jan of 08 before the Giants game..

So your impression is 100% wrong...In fact Brett went on RECORD with reporter Al Jones and says that is isnt a bribe and was wrongly portrayed in the media as a bribe...

So when the Jets released him a year later,
Brett RETIRED...The truth escapes people that only want to believe what they want..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3898942

"He did not ask to be released," Tannenbaum said. "Everything he said was, he is done playing football. We have our plan according to that, and we're going to move forward."
Earlier, sources told ESPN that Cook informally discussed the option of releasing Favre with the Jets. The Jets respectfully declined that option, a source said.
But so what released, retired what ever... he told people this was the real deal and it was time to leave..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3900850

I think it'll be a long time before I cheer the Packers, primarily because I don't like the style and personality of this team.

but it is impossible for me to even be neutral to this group, when anything they do seems to come at the cost of insulting and disrespecting Favre and relating everything they do, as mounting evidence of how worthless and cancerous Favre supposedly was. .

This poster is basing their opinion on Ted and Mike from things that just are not true...

It is a shame that people cant research on their own...If they would, maybe they would see their opinion is based on wrong information

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that either the majority or even all of the Brett Favre fans were bandwagon.
How else can you explain how they can love one guy so much that when he leaves the team no matter what circumstances (As long as they are legal.) they follow him to.
They act like what the Packers allegedly did to Favre was the crime of the last 500 years.
I wasn't there so I don't really know what all went down and I don't care.
I'm just glad the Packers let him go and didn't give him back his starting job.
It was time to move on and to bring in the next generation of greatness.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on top of what both SpartaChris and Forget Farve said, the Packers went to him 3 times, 3 times they were set to announce he was coming back for one more season. All THREE times he pulled out at the last second. It wasn't until after the draft and Favre's conversation with Peter King (I believe) that all of a sudden he has a bug up his *** to return to Green Bay and either start or force a trade to the Vikings or Tampa.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
It's great that he still has adoring fans, woo hoo. But I don't understand why his groupies continue to put the Packers organization under the magnifying glass because of one player. It's not like BF is the first player ever to leave the Packers and he probably won't be the last. It's over and done. Go dissect and scrutinize some other team for their decisions. As I see it, regardless of how it went down, the outcome was positive. Afterall, who are we, The Green Bay Packers or The Brett Favre Packers?

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most people above hit all the right notes so there is not much else I can say, Favre was a Great QB and all but come on, the Packers are not about one player.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's over and done. Go dissect and scrutinize some other team for their decisions. As I see it, regardless of how it went down, the outcome was positive. Afterall, who are we, The Green Bay Packers or The Brett Favre Packers?

How about scrutinizing the Colts and their current handling of the Manning situation? :) So far I haven't heard any Colts/Manning vs Packers/Favre comparisons! Yippee!! Could it be that the Packers "done" Favre wrong is old news? Time to move on to the newest controversy in the NFL.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Liked Brett but like they say it is a business it's over and Brett fans should get over it I'm sure Brett isn't fretting.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that either the majority or even all of the Brett Favre fans were bandwagon.

That's exactly what it is. There are a lot of Packer fans who are/were only Packer fans because of Favre. Understandable he was a miracle man at the QB position and did some inspiring things. I could see how that could draw people in....but everyone has their expiration date and organizations should not have to be held hostage to a selfish player because he still wants to play.

Favre did some great things for us and some really cringeworthy disappointing things.

I'm glad we've moved on. I'm not on the verge of heart attacks when Rodgers is under center for us. With Brett, it came to point where you're expecting him to make a terrible throw that could cost us a huge game or our entire season.

The key to success in the league as it's been proven is youth. Staying young. No organization wants or needs a 45 year old geriatric playing QB. Especially one as turnover prone as Favre.

I don't know the ins and outs of all the crap relating to Favre being let go by the Packers or the allegations of bribes and harassment. And frankly I don't care to.

Last I checked we've been successful with Rodgers and as a fan of a team, that's all I can ask for.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Live by the Favre, die by the Favre. It was like he had two speeds: exhilarating or punch-a-hole-in-something frustrating.

I loved him as a Packer and wanted him to stay at the time, but it didn't take long once he was gone to realize the organization made the right decision. I didn't get truly angry with him though, until he signed with the Vikings. You might say that was the moment a lot of us "moved on".

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I'm just glad the Packers let him go
I agree, however one minor, yet important point is the team did not "let him go," he quit of his own volition.

Andrew Brandt's articles on the subject are great:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-difficult-parting-of-Favre-and-the-Packers.html

This is, in a nutshell, the story of Favre's departure from the Packers:

Brett was forever wanting a more aggressive attitude by the front office toward player acquisition than the present regime. My constant message that our method of drafting and developing talent rather than acquiring proven commodities only served to infuriate him and his resentment of a general manager that showed him none of the compassion and welcomed input of previous regimes.

Translation: Favre was furious that TT wouldn't kiss his royal buttocks.

But again, despite getting Brett's hopes up again, the Packers bowed out of the bidding (I had left the Packers at that point but heard the anger and frustration from Brett’s camp). Moss re-signed with the Patriots on March 3rd. Favre retired from the Packers on March 4th. Coincidence?

So the Messiah quit in frustration when TT wouldn't bow down to him, and yet it was the team's fault when they wouldn't bring him back...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favres Packers legacy died (in my eyes) when he called the Lions to tell them everything he knew about the Packers offense.

When Big Irv died no one was able to control his ego anymore. No one could tell him he was a diva. His wife was just as bad as he was. Feel bad for the girls though, they went through hell.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I agree, however one minor, yet important point is the team did not "let him go," he quit of his own volition.

Andrew Brandt's articles on the subject are great:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-difficult-parting-of-Favre-and-the-Packers.html

This is, in a nutshell, the story of Favre's departure from the Packers:

Translation: Favre was furious that TT wouldn't kiss his royal buttocks.

So the Messiah quit in frustration when TT wouldn't bow down to him, and yet it was the team's fault when they wouldn't bring him back...

Yeah, that would have been great, Brett. Force the Packers to adopt some guy nobody can get along with for any length of time. Good idea.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Brett Favre will be retired for 5-10 years, and when he's going into the HoF, people will still be bringing **** up to find a reason to talk about him. Gotta stop beating the horse pal, it's dead...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think we should all be mad as h-e-double toothpicks that Lombardi let Jim Taylor go. Lombardi was manager and coach, I can have no respect for him.....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I find it a very interesting matter - the devoution people will commit to an idea. Even in the face of over whelming evidence to the contrary, they have decided to believe something. It is from the angle of human nature that causes me to be fascinated with the Favre saga.

As an experiment - and practice in 'online debate' I joined a bigfoot site a few years ago. I started out as a 'believer' in my posts. But as time went on, I started to become more and more critical of all the evidence presented. As I pointed out the ease with which there 'evidence' could be faked, the more boisterous posters became in defense of it. When I began pointing out the obvious lack of evidence you would expect, I became mostly ignored. I recall a quote by PT Barnum 'People are easily fooled when they really want to believe something' or something like that.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? another Favre thread. I am a Favre fan and i don't care what people say. But i am sick and tired of coming on here and seeing more threads on him, when he hasn't said or done anything in the media lately. Unless he says or does anything about the Packers. Lets stop posting about him. That way people will stop getting so annoyed with hearing his name.

plus we have won a Super Bowl, NFC champs, MVP, and many more things since he has left. So i don't why we have to continuely have more threads bashing or discussing him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Really? another Favre thread. I am a Favre fan and i don't care what people say. But i am sick and tired of coming on here and seeing more threads on him, when he hasn't said or done anything in the media lately. Unless he says or does anything about the Packers. Lets stop posting about him. That way people will stop getting so annoyed with hearing his name.

plus we have won a Super Bowl, NFC champs, MVP, and many more things since he has left. So i don't why we have to continuely have more threads bashing or discussing him.

I think it's a reaction to the "favrenatic" that came on here bashing Rodgers and the team.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You are aware your sig is all Brett? So every time you post, his name is mentioned..

LOL

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
LT, don't you complain about folks opening more "Defensive Issues" threads? Why-o-why would you open another Favre thread when there are many threads from years ago buried and inactive (as they should be)?

In the future, please put "Warning: ANOTHER Favre thread for those of us who cannot let it go" in the title so I don't bother opening it.

Also, this thread should be moved to the Atrium or somewhere else? It should not be in the Packers Forum. Or is Brett back on the Packer roster or staff or have anything to do with the Packers these days?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LT, don't you complain about folks opening more "Defensive Issues" threads? Why-o-why would you open another Favre thread when there are many threads from years ago buried and inactive (as they should be)?

In the future, please put "Warning: ANOTHER Favre thread for those of us who cannot let it go" in the title so I don't bother opening it.

Also, this thread should be moved to the Atrium or somewhere else? It should not be in the Packers Forum. Or is Brett back on the Packer roster or staff or have anything to do with the Packers these days?

Its offseason, need something to pass the time..And nothing like a good Brett debate to pass the time lol

It is about a poster who talked about lies from the time Brett was a Packer,Packer forum..

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Understood. But, imo, not a relevant topic to the GB Packers organization any more. Even in the off season.

Members online

Latest posts