Brett extending an olive branch?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know what to think, but i think i just kicked over a hornets nest here...

"I can sit here and thank over and over again so many people, but I'd be remiss if I didn't thank the Green Bay Packers, the fans. It's kind of tough to say that and thank Vikings fans at the same time. It was special, and so . . . wonderful experience, wouldn't change it for anything, and it was special. I don't know what else to say."

Favre says he has reached the finish line once again - JSOnline

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with it..

He was thanking them for his time here..That is what I took from it

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he thank Julius Peppers* for beating the Packers like he told him to? Oh wait, that didnt work out too well, did it.

*edit, had Hester*

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
When I heard that, I figured it was a start. All of Packer nation won't accept him, but the Packers are looking swell without him.

If you think about it he got everything he wanted:
Randy Moss
A different Team
plenty of attention

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wouldn't change it for anything?

You mean he was okay with how his time with the Packers ended?

This doesn't mean a thing coming from him. Its like, 'okay, now how can I get my legacy back' thinking. I don't think this is genuine at all.

This is the guy who wanted to 'stick it' to the Packers and stated he wanted the Bears to beat us just 2 weeks ago.

He is still dead to me.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This doesn't mean a thing coming from him. Its like, 'okay, now how can I get my legacy back' thinking. I don't think this is genuine at all.

This is the guy who wanted to 'stick it' to the Packers and stated he wanted the Bears to beat us just 2 weeks ago.

He is still dead to me.
Yup, until he actually crawls up to Lombardi in front of Lambeau and kisses his feet and says "Im so very sorry for all I have done." I wont change my mind.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
They are going to retire his number no matter what, i think it should be in 19 seasons from now. That way the only thing there will be are memories and no current bs.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He is still dead to me.

Why would he?

His last season with the GB Packers (2007) they went 13-3 and the NFC Championship game. I am not saying it was not his fault for not protecting the ball, but it was really the entire team's fault for not beating the New York Giants in the NFCCG (Plaxico burned the Packers Defense all game).

In the end, Brett Favre had a great career in the NFL. He won a Super Bowl with the GB Packers, and won 3 MVP awards. Other then that, there is nothing to say, the man can make his own decisions. I think it was good for him leaving the GB Packers, but about 10 years from now, none of this will matter.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but wouldn't it be funny if... say the Green Bay Packers go the the Super Bowl, against.. I don't know, the NY Jets? lol... since his reason for continuing to play was another shot at the big one..

Just feelin' a little punchy right now... carry on..I need a nap

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
but wouldn't it be funny if... say the Green Bay Packers go the the Super Bowl, against.. I don't know, the NY Jets? lol... since his reason for continuing to play was another shot at the big one..

Just feelin' a little punchy right now... carry on..I need a nap

This would be wonderful!!!!

I don't believe this for one second btw... more or less he had to mention the Packers,..and the very fact that he says "I have no regrets" says it all...

Really?? Really?!?!!

Shall I count the ways you should show some regrets?!?

1. Decision making skills
2. Trying to strong arm your way to get what you want.
3.Ultimately getting what you wanted and wanting more.
4. In trying to stick it to the Packers managment, you ultimately stuck it to the fans that supported you.
5.Maybe should of took up reading and less texting.
( depending on the material could of led up to the texting debacle)
6. Rethink the vows you shared with Deanna
7.Try to be a good example for your daughters and grandson.
8.If the love of the game is your driving force,..stick with playing with the high schoolers
9. Learning to live w/o being in the media 24/7
10. Realize that the word "retirement" doesn't have backsies

...and I think that leads us back to the #1 reason.

PackerCO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all favres mistakes, He was truly great for us, I would be disappointed if we did not retire his numbering the near future.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with it..

He was thanking them for his time here..That is what I took from it

The issue I have is that I do not believe anything he says.
Because of my Dad's example, I will not have anything to do with a man who cheats on his wife (yes I know he never got the chance with the Jets greeting hostess, but the fact he did everything he could to set it up is cheating). I have broken off friendships with guys who cheated, saying "if you cheat on your wife, I can't trust you not to cheat me on a business deal."

The only joy I received from his last(?) farewell speech was when he said "no regrets". LMAO, I remebered that regrets spelled backwards is Sterger...the name of the Jets hostess, who just filed a suit against him. Would be nice to see on court TV...but I don't want his wife and kids to suffer any more than they have. Yeah, no regrets and no Sterger either.

The class of Starr who treated Favre like a son....and the class of Favre, The two do not belong in the same hall of fame.

Someone here once said they should give #4 to our next punter. I kind of like that.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sold us out to detroit too. I am in the group of "He's dead to me".

If we must retire his number lets do in December with a forecast of snow so those of us who choose to do so can show him how we really feel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1VBwbsvg8c]YouTube - Eagles Fans Snowball Fight v 49ers[/ame]

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a Viking. Why would we even consider honoring a Viking by retiring his number or sullying our ring of fame with his name? He should retire as a Viking and he should go into the Hall of Fame as a Viking. He came along for our Super Bowl ride early in his career and then just filled a personal highlight reel for the next upmteen years. A lot of personal records accompanied by just as many team let downs. A selfish, spoiled prima donna who does not deserve to desecrate the home of Lambeau and Hutson and Lombardi. I stand by my earlier recommendations; we retire his number on the next opening day, un-retire it the following week, and assign it to our kicker or punter. But I'm not bitter.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's legacy is his own, as he has pointed out to us on numerous occasions. He has only himself to blame for ******** up his last years in the NFL, both on the field and off.

He has burned too many bridges to Wisconsin by the way he left the Packers.

The Packers have too much class to stage a retirement ceremony that would be notable for the boos he would receive. It will be very, very many years before that changes.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yup, until he actually crawls up to Lombardi in front of Lambeau and kisses his feet and says "Im so very sorry for all I have done." I wont change my mind.

Hmm... I don't recall Lombardi doing that after he went to the Redskins. BTW, people said the same B.S. about him in 1970 too.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I was just going to say... blasphemy comparing the two situations!

Not even in the same stratosphere...

Members online

Latest posts