Brett Drops Golf Membership in Green Bay

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio here in Iron Mountain that Brett is not rejoining the Country Club in Green Bay this year.....

I hope this is not the a sign of things to come........

Stay Brett PLEASE

OP
OP
D

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the article. Maybe not as bad as if first sounded..

From Nancy Drew hey Tromadz.....

Favre cancels club membership, fuels retirement speculation

By Pete Dougherty
[email protected]

Bob Harlan, the Green Bay Packers CEO, expressed no concern that quarterback Brett Favre’s recent cancellation of his membership to Oneida Golf & Riding Club was a sign he’s going to retire.

Harlan confirmed that Favre cancelled his membership sometime in the last few weeks. Harlan hasn’t talked to Favre about it but said that with former teammates Ryan Longwell and Doug Pederson gone, Favre apparently rarely played golf last year and so the membership wasn’t worth it for him.

When asked if he thought the cancellation suggested Favre was retiring this offseason, Harlan said, “No, not at all. It’s an expensive club. I don’t care how much money you’re making, it’s very expensive, and if you’re not using it, it doesn’t make a lot of sense, and I think that’s what happened to Brett.”

Harlan said the Packers have a corporate membership for golf at Oneida in General Manager Ted Thompson’s name, so Thompson or any other Oneida member Favre knows could accompany him for rounds if Favre returns next season.

Favre previously had been an avid golfer.

“I’ve heard he doesn’t play at home (in Mississippi) anymore either,” Harlan said. “I’ve heard it’s not all that important to him all at once.”

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I say this is excellent news. He's going to focus all his time on his last season with the Green Bay Packers!!

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre will be playing in Green Bay for at least 1 more year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
it means NOTHING....

A source very close to Brett was asked this VERY question on Mondayand his exact words were...

When Brett went home after last season (2005). He seldom went to the golf course. I find it interesting that he has backed off on the golf but I would read nothing into if this means he will return.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Im sure this other source dont know everything. The only one that knows is Brett himself..

Tripp, Alan, your hubby, you and Midwestfavrefan all know who this "source " is

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio here in Iron Mountain that Brett is not rejoining the Country Club in Green Bay this year.....

Stay Brett PLEASE

Is this just a rumor or is it true? Check your sources. Otherwise, not good.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duves said:

Stay Brett PLEASE

Is this just a rumor or is it true? Check your sources. Otherwise, not good.

He did cancell the membership, but it means nothing about him retiring

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember two or perhaps three years ago when he sold his house in GB? Once again the media made a big thing about it and at the time a lot of fans thought it was a clear sign he was calling it a day. Didnt turn out that way though.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember two or perhaps three years ago when he sold his house in GB? Once again the media made a big thing about it and at the time a lot of fans thought it was a clear sign he was calling it a day. Didnt turn out that way though.

Great post!!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard that Brett Favre also had membership in Green Bay Country Club which is another private golf coarse in Green Bay, but cancelled it about three years ago. I don't think you can read too much into his cancellation of his membership in Oneida Golf and Riding Club, as to him retiring or not..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I have heard that Brett Favre also had membership in Green Bay Country Club which is another private golf coarse in Green Bay, but cancelled it about three years ago. I don't think you can read too much into his cancellation of his membership in Oneida Golf and Riding Club, as to him retiring or not..

True that.

Nothing Brett does will give us any clue. We need to realize that. The only thing that will give us a clue, is him saying "I'm playing" or "I'm.... " I can't finish that. He is playing in 07. I'm holding my ground!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts