Brett!! Don't Retire!

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There needs to be a counter thread to that stupid one currently on the board.

Stay as long as you are healthy and productive!

13-3 is pretty damn productive!

4000+ yds and 28 Td passes is pretty damn productive!

In a game where our entire team was lackluster (excluding Driver), it would be completely unfair to hang this on Favre.

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There needs to be a counter thread to that stupid one currently on the board.

Stay as long as you are healthy and productive!

13-3 is pretty damn productive!

4000+ yds and 28 Td passes is pretty damn productive!

In a game where our entire team was lackluster (excluding Driver), it would be completely unfair to hang this on Favre.

Yes! Agreed 100%

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I think he can definitely come back and play well next year. Also, it would maintain cohesion to have him come back again as well.

However, as much as I would hate to see him go, I really wouldn't mind to see Rodger's take the starting position either. His time is coming soon.

So whatever his decision may be, I will be satisfied.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Finally some sense shinning through! That thread is ridiculous! Talk about bandwagon jumpers... a lot of this season has been credited to Brett's play, and the credit is well deserved. He has had an unbelievable season and to see him leave after everything he's done this season, and the chemistry he has mounted with practically every individual on the offense would be a complete shame nonetheless depressing. Brett, we need ya back next year, this team will do nothing but improve come this offseason. 2008 sure will be great with Brett on board :D

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for making the thread, I agree so he made some mistakes, it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason we were there in the first place.

Reaction score
You know Brett didn't play well the lat game, but you can't take that to mean he has nothing left or can't play in the cold. He was outstanding just one week before against Seattle, and despite his age Brett wouldn't lose his ability to play in cold weather in a week.

He is a great leader, someone who can still throw the ball hard, and he has the experience needed to make this offensive scheme work very well.

If Brett retires, I'll respect his decision and be happy that I saw him play. If he comes back, I'll support him fully and expect him to be a leader on a team that has a legitimate shot at the Superbowl.

I don't see how anyone can call for Brett to retire based on yesterday's loss. He had a bad game, just like Brady yesterday, who threw 3 INTs. It's tough to throw in that type of weather, and you shouldn't use that game as an indication of what Brett has left in the tank.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why should he retire? ? ? we finished 13-3 and we almost made it to the superbowl and everyone is saying he should retire well they are all wrong he should stay for a few more years because he had such a good year with a team that everyone thought would end up do nothing so to ALL YOU HATERS I hope he stays one more year to annoy you FOOLS!!!!!!!!! FAVRE= GREATEST QB EVER HE DOESN'T NEED TO RETIRE YET

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it.........how many NFC championship games had we been too from 1967 till Brett got here????
ZERO!!!
I think alot of these "bandwagon" jumpers take alot for granted!!!! Here they want to push out the best QB we have EVER had, because we only went 13-3, beat Seattle in the playoffs, and lost the title game? GET REAL!!!! Look at our early season. We had NO running game, and without Favre, we would have lost all those early games if it hadn't been for him! He GOT us there, plain and simple!
These losers don't know what we have! They will ONLY realize that when he's gone forever, then it will be too late.
Ask the fans of our division rivals..........how many QB's have the Vikings, Lions, and Bears gone through in the last 17 years???? And not ONE of them have found a decent QB.
For that matter, how many QB's did we go through in the 1970's and 80's and early 90's before we were GRACED with getting Favre????
These people are NOT fans! They are IDIOTS!!!
Just my humble opinion, of course.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it.........how many NFC championship games had we been too from 1967 till Brett got here????
ZERO!!!
I think alot of these "bandwagon" jumpers take alot for granted!!!! Here they want to push out the best QB we have EVER had, because we only went 13-3, beat Seattle in the playoffs, and lost the title game? GET REAL!!!! Look at our early season. We had NO running game, and without Favre, we would have lost all those early games if it hadn't been for him! He GOT us there, plain and simple!
These losers don't know what we have! They will ONLY realize that when he's gone forever, then it will be too late.
Ask the fans of our division rivals..........how many QB's have the Vikings, Lions, and Bears gone through in the last 17 years???? And not ONE of them have found a decent QB.
For that matter, how many QB's did we go through in the 1970's and 80's and early 90's before we were GRACED with getting Favre????

Cheesey, Welcome back. I hope you are recovering.

Yes Brett, keep on truckin as long as you can.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
ZERO!!!

Cheesey, Welcome back. I hope you are recovering.

Yes Brett, keep on truckin as long as you can.
Thanks PC! Doing better today!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally a thread that makes sense, thanks for posting it!! IMO Brett will be back, he cannot go out the way he did, he also still loves competing, and lets face it, hes still the best QB, I know some may say different. But its how I feel I cannot speak for others here.

We had a great season because of Favre and the youngest players in the league, my hat goes off to them all.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
You know Brett didn't play well the lat game, but you can't take that to mean he has nothing left or can't play in the cold. He was outstanding just one week before against Seattle, and despite his age Brett wouldn't lose his ability to play in cold weather in a week.

He is a great leader, someone who can still throw the ball hard, and he has the experience needed to make this offensive scheme work very well.

If Brett retires, I'll respect his decision and be happy that I saw him play. If he comes back, I'll support him fully and expect him to be a leader on a team that has a legitimate shot at the Superbowl.

I don't see how anyone can call for Brett to retire based on yesterday's loss. He had a bad game, just like Brady yesterday, who threw 3 INTs. It's tough to throw in that type of weather, and you shouldn't use that game as an indication of what Brett has left in the tank.

I agree completely

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't think of any other football, (actually any athelete) who has had fans asking for him to retire after being runner-up to leageu MVP. To me this just shows how amazing Brett actually is if an All Pro year is to sub par for some fans

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Brett should retire since he played so bad in his last game. :roll: ...and he should take Peyton with him..disgusting...oh, and Garcia, he's horrible.....Romo too! He is younger but in the Giant game it was clear he couldn't get the Cowboys over the hump.

I don't care what Favre's numbers and accomplishments were, he has to go!.....he threw a bad pass! :roll: Driver too for that matter, he fell down!!! :evil:

<<<end Sarcasm>>>

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny.

Remember how some of the pundits and ESPN analysts were saying that Favre should retire...that he's over the hill and just doesn't have it anymore at the beginning of the year?

Now it's just the Packer "fans" saying that!
:lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting off this morning with something positive. :cool:

A fine year. Favre has proved he's a top tier QB.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not time for Favre to retire. He is the best quarterback in the game, and probably the best ever. He is tough as nails mentally and physically and he is a competitor. This was a great season and if it would be his last it would be a good note to end on despite the loss. However, as he is a competitor and still has the tools, he will lead this young team to a Super Bowl victory next year. He will want to give that another shot, before hanging it up.

God bless the Green Bay Packers and God bless Brett Favre. God bless all the Favres. Their family truly is an inspiration, especially keeping the faith through dark times.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Farve has a lot left in him. How well would we play in -6F at 38 years old. Manning handled it better but the giants gameplan was better too. I'd love to see Farve again next year.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many more years does he have on his contract? I'm thinking 2? If so I wouldn't mind seeing him retire at 40.

I do think that next year should be the year that we start getting Rodgers into the mix. I'm not sure how we do that, but in a way I wish the streak would end just so we can see Rodgers compete in a real game from start to finish.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts