Brett Comparisons

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking, today while stuck in traffic on the Hollywood Freeway.

One cannot really compare Brett to any former QB in the NFL. He is an anomaly, simply so special and unique in what he brings to the game.

I do not like to compare Brett to other QB’s, and when I am asked to I avoid the question.

But, what about comparing him to other players in other sports. Brett has made his mark in the NFL. Then I asked myself who is most Brett like in other sports.

Here is what I came up with.

MLB
If Brett played baseball he would be Pete Rose minus the life screw up. Pete did everything possible to win. At first I thought of Ripkin because of the streak, but Cal never sacrificed his body like Pete Rose did.

NHL
If Brett played hockey he would have been Bobby Clarke, tough as nails, nasty, and a true leader in clutch time.

NBA
If Brett played in the NBA he would have been Larry Bird. Nuff said.

European Football
Naw… Forget it. They roll around on the ground like they got their head cut off every time someone touches them/

NASCAR
He would have been NUMBER 8 Dale Sr. “The Intimidatorâ€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBA
-Allen Iverson: Minus the thugness..AI is all work...all sacrafice. Favre didnt like practices(sherman excused him) and neither does AI! AI always puts his body on the line for that team, like Favre does for GB. AI doesnt have a ring yet though, Favre does.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
tromadz said:
NBA
-Allen Iverson: Minus the thugness..AI is all work...all sacrafice. Favre didnt like practices(sherman excused him) and neither does AI! AI always puts his body on the line for that team, like Favre does for GB. AI doesnt have a ring yet though, Favre does.

I was thinking that exact same thing, before I even read your post. It's the constant hustle, ill adivised plays that usually(not always) turn out in his favor, and their love for the game.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he was a musician he'd be...

Stevie Ray Vaughan....

Nothin' but soul...and a heart like a blast furnace....!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if memory serves, the Intimidator was #3. AND, if brett was car engine, he'd be a Chevy Small block 350. If he was a UFC fighter, he'd be randy couture. If he was a Snap-On tools salesman, he'd be my dad.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
European football:
If Favre played he would have been like Eric Cantona

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Eric Cantona was perhaps the most influential footballer in English footballer of the 1990s. A player of true vision and creativity, worthy of that now, much over-used word, "genius". His passing, innovation and influence was unrivalled, he could split a defence with the sort of pass that only he could create. Eric had an exhilarating array of skills, back-heels, stylish flicks, turns and lobs combined with immaculate ball control and touch.

His shooting from long-range was superb while one-on-one with the goalkeeper, he was ice cool and clinical. If opposing defenders lost concentration for a millisecond, it would be enough for Cantona to punish them and set the Reds on the way to another vital victory. Together with a sometimes unpredictable Gallic temperament, Cantona was a one-man footballing phenomenon.

Cantona was a unique character, a one-off, but Manchester United and Eric was a match made in heaven. When Alex Ferguson stunned everyone in English football with the deal of the decade that aquired him from Leeds, few knew the impact Eric would make. Most United fans thought he was no more than a strengthening of the squad, but a few months later it became clear that Cantona was by far the most important player at Old Trafford. From the moment he walked through the door he realised there was at last the platform he was looking for, huge potential, huge support and a working assumption that only the best is good enough. And Eric Cantona knew he was the best.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
phil mickelson is a sissy. Brett Favre in golf would be John Daly, great with the long ball, uncommon techniques, and a i just wanna play attitude.
phil is left handed thats about all that is unique about him.

As far as Nascar goes, Dale Sr. shared the winning spirit with brett, but i think a better comparison is Darrell Waltrip or Tony Stewart. Dale Sr. was a hell of a driver but a real ***** also. Darrell and Tony both love to win and will race anything with wheels. Plus their attitudes and demeanor more closely match brett.

Bobby Clark and Cantona are spot on.

musician - Johnny from "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
mattresell said:
tromadz said:
NBA

I was thinking that exact same thing, before I even read your post. It's the constant hustle, ill adivised plays that usually(not always) turn out in his favor, and their love for the game.

Practice??? You talking about practice??

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett reminds me of my wife. I always hope he will go down early and suck for 3 hours, but ends up beating me and leaving me frustrated for a week.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Brett reminds me of my wife. I always hope he will go down early and suck for 3 hours, but ends up beating me and leaving me frustrated for a week.

you da man, big3!!!! :rotflmao:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have a great sense of humour big 3, seriously.

but i guess thats required when your a detroit lions fan. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts