1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Brett: Behind The Facemask FROM ANDREW BRANDT

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by longtimefan, Feb 13, 2009.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    VERY VERY long article, please read it...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/200 ... -facemask/

2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello LT - been awhile. Yes, I've read this and added comment myself on Andrew's site. Here lately, however, many have gone back to the sneering & smearing. Too bad they all can't take the more adult approach. For my take, I do think that Favre is putting up his guns and this will be it. Course, I could be wrong. I've even posted an alternate reality approach over on another Forum. It has to do with Mike Holmgren... but I digress (for now).

As stated on Andrew's site, I do believe that his Article could be used as the launching pad for the process of re-uniting PackerNation. But, like I said, it does come with a pre-requisite .... behaving like grownups. Even in the CheeseNation, not all have what it takes to accomplish that. Sad to say, but there it is.

At IPB, we try to live by our Club Motto .... It doesn't have any contingencies, it just is!
    I find you get more with that attitude (honey) than what some of the comments are below the Article (vinegar).

I wish Brett the best, as I always do - even if I didn't agree with his choice last year.
    Provately between Packer Fan Clubs, many are wondering how long it will be before we hear his regret as to having NOT stayed retired. In years to come, will anyone even remember that he played one year for NYJ? When you think of Joe Montana, do you think of Kansas City?

Go Packers!

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Hey IB

Seems no one cared about this article eh?

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah,.... weird, isn't it? Brett's done so much good, that in the end it will balance itself out. From this armchair, the healing probably won't begin until Favre's starting streak has been broken. THAT EVENT will be what starts the new chapter for the Gunslinger and CheeseNation. I seriously doubt anyone believes what he's saying for now. He will have to make the next step into actual retirement. As they say: seeing is believing.

Still, Brett could walk down Michael Jordan's path and yo-yo it for a few years. Who knows!

I've always wondered why he doesn't just go into Professional Golf - the PGA Tour. I hear his handicap is around 5. He could show up with Tiger Woods, for a charity gig. The whole Country could come out for that. And, they would.

He still has the FAVRE FOURWARD FOUNDATION to run, so let's hope that becomes his life's calling. More of what that Article talks about could be done even better.

5. Aaron09

Aaron09 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Love that article. ;0)

6. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +248
    An excellent tribute and profile of Favre and one maybe Brett himself ought to read before trying to play out of spite against the Packers for Minnesota this season.

7. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +306
    Was definitely a good article, but pride is a hard thing to swallow some times. Farve feels cheated in a way by the Packer organization and has something to prove.

I would rather him retire and let the Packers retire his number and give him some honor, but that could prove troublesome if he plays for Minnesota. So much drama!