Brett and the Pack

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on. you guys actually think ANYBODY thinks Favre is above the team. does TT think favre is above the team? Favre definitely does not think Favre is above the team. This is such a ******** argument. he is the most important and respected player on the team. If Favre decides to come back, do you actually think he will skip training camp this year, thus going into the season without learning the new offense? give me a break

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Problem is, Brett is not just another employee and just as in business, you make sure your top employees want to come back with incentives that are both verbal and tangible in nature.

Verbal = some public acknowledgement on how much he means to GB.

Tangible = in this case some signings where Brett would have at least known his butt was half protected ( ie guards )

Hmmmm..............But Teddy has done what again to entice Brett back ?

how many times does it need to be said, there are no real good guards in free agency? there was 1, and he got a record offersheet.

I want favre protected(i was at the chicago game where tillman blitzed and nobody got him and he destroyed favre...man) too, but signing 3 guards of shittyness does nothing.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Problem is, Brett is not just another employee and just as in business, you make sure your top employees want to come back with incentives that are both verbal and tangible in nature.

Verbal = some public acknowledgement on how much he means to GB.

Tangible = in this case some signings where Brett would have at least known his butt was half protected ( ie guards )

Hmmmm..............But Teddy has done what again to entice Brett back ?

how many times does it need to be said, there are no real good guards in free agency? there was 1, and he got a record offersheet.

I want favre protected(i was at the chicago game where tillman blitzed and nobody got him and he destroyed favre...man) too, but signing 3 guards of shittyness does nothing.

I will give you the "no real good guards in free agency" arguement as you
could be right trom.

I will not give you the arguement that TT has done anything from the start verbally ( that we are aware of ) to make Brett feel he is still wanted as a Packer ( and any good GM in my opinion would have ).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
come on. you guys actually think ANYBODY thinks Favre is above the team. does TT think favre is above the team? Favre definitely does not think Favre is above the team. This is such a b.s. argument. he is the most important and respected player on the team. If Favre decides to come back, do you actually think he will skip training camp this year, thus going into the season without learning the new offense? give me a break

Sherman told him not show for last years mini camp... but that's Sherman's fault not Favre's.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Well Favre is a seasoned Veteran he doesnt really need a mini camp

I agree. even though his INTS were up, he doesnt need it.

But man it helps team chemistry, team morale when the big dog is there barking with the new guys(which include the new coach).

Get the team together as much as possible.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
gopackgo4 said:
Well Favre is a seasoned Veteran he doesnt really need a mini camp

I agree. even though his INTS were up, he doesnt need it.

But man it helps team chemistry, team morale when the big dog is there barking with the new guys(which include the new coach).

Get the team together as much as possible.

exactly he needs to be there. He needs to be there so the team can get a early start on gelling and he needs to at least be there. Mini camp isn't that hard of a workout. It's mainly for rookies but the veterens are still suppossed to report and Favre should as well and I think if he comes back McCarthy will have him there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
bozz_2006 said:
come on. you guys actually think ANYBODY thinks Favre is above the team. does TT think favre is above the team? Favre definitely does not think Favre is above the team. This is such a b.s. argument. he is the most important and respected player on the team. If Favre decides to come back, do you actually think he will skip training camp this year, thus going into the season without learning the new offense? give me a break

Sherman told him not show for last years mini camp... but that's Sherman's fault not Favre's.

right. and this situation is different this year. favre will be at camp. he has to learn a new offense.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
porky88 said:
[quote="bozz_2006":uqkp5c85]come on. you guys actually think ANYBODY thinks Favre is above the team. does TT think favre is above the team? Favre definitely does not think Favre is above the team. This is such a b.s. argument. he is the most important and respected player on the team. If Favre decides to come back, do you actually think he will skip training camp this year, thus going into the season without learning the new offense? give me a break

right. and this situation is different this year. favre will be at camp. he has to learn a new offense.[/quote:uqkp5c85]

Assuming Brett still wants to play for the Pack in the current state !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he doesnt either, and I will blame him if he doesn't. He has 1 year left on his contract, and although he doesnt owe GB anything, thats not what Id like my favorite QB to do, Id like my favorite QB to play out his contract like the man he is.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I hope he doesnt either, and I will blame him if he doesn't. He has 1 year left on his contract, and although he doesnt owe GB anything, thats not what Id like my favorite QB to do, Id like my favorite QB to play out his contract like the man he is.

Please quit calling him your favorite quarterback. Anyone that has to continually say that is trying to convince noone but himself.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know guys. This is the same old same old.
It gets boring after awhile.

This the the 5th page and it has all been said over and over again in topic after topic.

There are two groups. Those that worship at the feet of Brett and those that think he is just a man. A future HOFer granted but still just a man.
No one is going to convince anyone else that they are right. let this topic go.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
You know guys. This is the same old same old.
It gets boring after awhile.

This the the 5th page and it has all been said over and over again in topic after topic.

There are two groups. Those that worship at the feet of Brett and those that think he is just a man. A future HOFer granted but still just a man.
No one is going to convince anyone else that they are right. let this topic go.

Wrong....there are also those that are ungrateful for what he has done for this organization. If you really wanted this to die, you wouldn't have posted and bumped it back to the top :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts