Brett and MM talk...

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard on the NFL Network feed on Sirius radio that Brett and MM talked for about 45 minutes today...and guess what, Brett is STILL undecided on returning.

I guess there's some quarterback camp that MM is holding next week, and Rodgers is the only qb attending. Rich Eisen also said that even if Brett had said he was coming back that he wouldn't be attending anyway.

Not really news of any importance, just passing it along.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell ya what - if there were ever a time, for Brett to figure out what his life's been all about - it's now.... and this QB camp actually might do him some good, even if he does think it's beneath him to attend - that's the very reason he should go. Brett's always said he's one of the Team, and no one special in particular... He could prove it by attending this QB Camp - especially with a new HC running that Show!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett: So.....whats new?
MM: Nuttin'
Brett: You see the Dolfins picked up Culpooper?
MM: Yup........what a joke, hey?
Brett: Yup! They gonna stink like dead fish next season!
MM: You ******' back next season?
Brett: Dunno yet.
MM:K
Brett:Bye
MM: Bye

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'll tell ya what - if there were ever a time, for Brett to figure out what his life's been all about - it's now.... and this QB camp actually might do him some good, even if he does think it's beneath him to attend - that's the very reason he should go. Brett's always said he's one of the Team, and no one special in particular... He could prove it by attending this QB Camp - especially with a new HC running that Show!

i concur. and this could prove something to brett if hes doubting his abilities. i mean, we know the line sucked and his wr's died...but for those and whatever other reasons...his numbers sucked. brett doesnt seem like a "It was the lines fault!" guy or a "damn WRs!" guy. Not going to this kinda tells me he DOES feel it was the line\wr's fault, which is kinda true. but if little stupid tromadz gets the message, his teammates might get it as well.

maybe im reading too much into it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
45 mins cheesey lol

Hey......dem southern boys talk SLOOOOOOW!!!LOLOL!!! :lol:
(I don't have the time right now, or i'd think of a longer conversation!!!) :lol:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He´d better be back, Brees is a Saint and Kitna a Kitten,,, so we are standing alone with AR....unproven, I really think we are back on the 70´s and 80´s !!!!! Beer sales Up

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta look at the POSITIVE side.........if they stink again, it makes it easier to get tickets CHEAP! I went to the last 2 games last season, and only paid $45 a ticket! Thats UNDER face value!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1970s and 1980s **** teams were as much a product of the fact that players, once drafted, were essentially indentured servants to the team that drafted them with little say in their destiny or employer. Free agency leveled that playing field........or did you forget 1992.

Add to that the "living in the past" (Bengsten, Bart and Forrest) mentality of the organization, and it is no wonder they sucked for so long. That leadership looked back for their future, this team is moving full steam ahead, preferably with #4, but still moving forward should he decide to get off the ride.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
brett doesnt seem like a "It was the lines fault!" guy or a "damn WRs!" guy.

I agree. Brett is not going to pin the blame on other people publicly, but he no doubt wants to see some imporvements. And if Brett did express his concerns with MM, then that is the best route to go because it keeps everything out in the open. The last thing we need is for miscommunication to happen between Brett and TT/MM.

digs, I think you hit the nail on the head. The thing is that even though the 90's had teams like the Cardinals and Bengals that really struggled, they are starting to turn the corner. The simple reason is because of the personell moves that those teams have made. The owners have shown a commitment to winning, and hired capable personell accordingly. If you can get a good GM (I think TT can become really good), and a decent HC (jury is still out on MM), then while the Packers may inevitably have a couple of loosing seasons, I wouldn't say it would be as bad as the 70's and 80's.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts