1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Brett admits he was at fault?????

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    This is something I have kept for ages...Believe Brett when he speak?

Sometimes he misremembers what he said just a week prior..Or maybe his was really lying?

I dont know the answer but these quotes show 100% he says opposite things

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brett Favre on retirement, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, more - Peter King - SI.com
    ~~~~~
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/39660382.html
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/31948684.html

He also told Al Jones in an interview it was not a bribe..But you have to by for that article now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064

• Like Like x 2
  2. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    See my latest post on why some dont believe him when he is quoted..

See why flatlander said what he did,...Brett has a history of telling different stories :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Not why I said it..

It is HOW it is being debated

4. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    More contrived drivel... clearly. :D

5. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    There's no greater topic in Packer Nation (other than the usual religion/politics) that can get Packer fans arguing amongst themselves quite like the Favre. I think things have been okay so far. Sure the conversations might get lively but at this point it appears most of us have said our peace and are now just having fun with the local zealot... :)

• Old Old x 1
  6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Just to be clear, and concise, is anyone else here flatout just tired of hearing, reading about Farve?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    Slow news cycle, talking about the defector helps pass the time until training camp starts. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Then why open it up?

You have that right, but it appears more than a handful still want to discuss him

• Like Like x 1
  9. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    To a degree ... I wish I didn't feel the way I do. I mean that. Favre is to us, what Payton was to the Bears, Montana was to the 49ers, LT was to the Giants, etc. But, seriously ... when he threw 6 picks vs. the Rams, I had a feeling it was the beginning of the end. Sure enough, game and season-ending interceptions ... I'd argue that he's known as much for that, as he is for all the good stuff. Not that he tried to throw picks on purpose, but ... it happened. Then toss in all the following incidents, etc.

As for all the Favre stuff on these message boards ... the reason it never seems to die out, is because we all took a very firm and passionate side on the whole damn thing and, well ... it just is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/bio/

Essentially, I only want to start or I want a trade

To me that is demanding

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I found this funny

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/bio/

Few quotes and few things Brett was not honest

If the Packer retirement is not really "lying" then for sure the Jets retirement is..As he stated to family and friends, this time it is for real

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Well I've mostly not opened it up... but so often I come back to this site, and damn, this is still at the top.
    So yes, a handful or more still want to discuss it.
    I don't have time or energy to waste on this guy.... that's why I just read a few in here... what I personally would like to know (without having to spend time page after page) is to know if I am alone: simply sick and tired of the guy at this point in time. I have been sick of him since the 2008 drama.....

Guy has 3 years til he's eligible for Canton, and it would be ideal for us to ice him for 2 years, IMO.
    Anyone with me?

The PACKERS are not his team anymore... yet he still seems to love to (and get away with it) hijack this team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    The time you spent typing that out..You could have seen how many are tired of this talk

But it goes on just like always...It gets heated..

But in general I think people will forgive once he walks onto the field again

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    BTW another mis truth?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3900850

That was 2-13-2009 retirement from the J-E-T-S

Believe me he said....And people wonder why sometimes it is hard to trust his statements?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so what if he shows up at Mike McCarthy's charity golf event next spring?

You already accused him of lying when he said the other day the he was over it all. In light of that comment, what good is an apology?

• Old Old x 1
  16. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course it was a demand, however, it was NOT a demand to be the starter in Green Bay because he said OR I want a trade. If you knew that you could immediately be named the starter on half of the teams in the NFL, would you not take the same position, or would you be content to be a backup? I'm betting on the former.

There are some who think he came back and specifically demanded to have his starting job back IN GREEN BAY and that's simply not true. The first thing he did was to ask to be released or traded.

Is it not reasonable to conclude that had Ted gotten serious about trading him ASAP then the bulk of the messiness could have been avoided? That would be the one thing I would hope he would do differently if he could do it over.

• Old Old x 1
  17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Can you show a link stating I want a trade?

18. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,182
    Amazing insight ?? We "English", not Brits, are Gods chosen people. We KNOW we are special :cool:

19. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,182
    What I`m tired of, is somebody clearly not listening or respecting other peoples right to feel the way they do. It`s like having a Jehovah Witness knock on your door and try to convert you. It`s irritating. I respect their beliefs, I JUST don`t share them. If the Packers retire Favres number that's fine, will I ever buy into it ?, No. Will I ever buy Favre merchandise ?, NO. As I don`t see myself attending the game they do it at, I don`t give a rats ***, because I wont be there to loudly boo the SOB, so in the big picture of things its not going to change my life one iota.
    I`m just "fed up" as we say here, with some members of the forum, BANGING ON trying to change my mind.
    The same people who criticise others for quoting things they REALLY don't know were said, and do the same feckin thing.
    And pick me up on my spelling because WE BRITS spell it that way, and its the proper way !!! :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    That's a start

You take that "fanboi" thing to a whole new level, especially with selective interpretations like this.

I didn't say Favre lied when he made his latest statement. I said he's a known liar and this statement, by itself, isn't enough for many fans to trust him. I then spelled out an example or two on what he could do to further prove his sincerity.

• Old Old x 1
  21. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    Packer fans are God's chosen too!

Dang brother, that means you're like, the CHOSEN ONE and sh...

uh...

stuff!

We're not worthy!

22. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,182
    I accept your adoration (sniff)(sniff) and will NEVER try to support another team, wait a minute.....I might, Nah, I think I`ll stick with the Packers.

Can`t think where I`ve heard this before ? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I stopped on page 5. Oops this is page 7. I guess I am not honest either.:confused:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,182
    Beware you don`t fall off that moral High horse. And stop preaching. There are some on here that don`t care, myself particularly. I don't even want to know about Favre. I don`t spend all of my days sticking pins in an effigy of the man, but neither YOU or ANYBODY else is going to change my opinion, so I`d appreciate it if you and your like would stop trying. There`s a good chap !

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  25. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    20+ posts later on the same topic and it's pretty clear what a crock this was. Like a Favre retirement.

Tell me about it.

Most folks- myself included- are annoyed by mayo's quibbling nature and yet many keep egging him on...

Jesus, Bill, learn to read: if you haven't been quibbling, then those comments probably weren't addressed to you, were they?

I don't particularly care either, except I quit stirring the pot long ago. You should think about that. Perhaps, after several pages of ChiTown, FlatLander, and Bill "mayo baiting," we can we all agree to disagree and STFU?

This topic is old. Lock it, LTF.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.