Brett accepting his "Galloping Gobbler" award

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was funny to watch but seemed kinda awkward. Then it seemed since he gave FOX a post-game one-on-one he was obligated to do the same for every other network. CBS had him in street clothes later sitting alone in the dome and even some wet-behind-the-ears NFLTA guy snagged him for a walk-and-talk later.

Now - see how many hyphenated idioms you can put in a reply :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why can't he just say it's a good team. I doubt if he said it was a good team, the rest of the team would get huge egos, turn into T.O. and be cocky arrogant lazy jackasses. Just say the teams good for the love of god.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why can't he just say it's a good team. I doubt if he said it was a good team, the rest of the team would get huge egos, turn into T.O. and be cocky arrogant lazy jackasses. Just say the teams good for the love of god.

I think he's just being very careful about getting ahead of himself. For all we know he thinks the Lions suck lol.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His strategy of downplaying all these wins seems to be working, so I'm all for it. What makes it work is that he hasn't made any claims to playing great either, even though he obviously is. He's saying "we" a lot. That's a good thing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

His strategy of downplaying all these wins seems to be working

Working at what? Winning games? Keeping the players levelheaded?

So are you saying if Favre didn't downplay this team so much they'd be cocky,arrogant,selfish,lazy,complacent?

Do you feel that low of these players?

(I'm playing devils advocate there. These players arent retarded kids. HE doesnt NEED to downplay it so much. 10-1 and he refuses to say its a good team? HUH? I know what he's trying to do, its just...silly)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's just being honest. Who do you think is better...

Dorsey/Bennett v. Grant/Morency
Butler/Robinson v. Collins/Bigby
Chmura/Jackson v. Lee/Franks
Reggie/Jones v. Kampman/KGB
mid '90s OL v. 2007 OL

I think some parts of the current roster are stronger (wr depth, corners) but I too don't think 2007 is as strong as some other teams he's been on.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't... I would play it just as he has... avoid it. No matter what he seems to say, someone will take issue..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't... I would play it just as he has... avoid it. No matter what he seems to say, someone will take issue..

Yeah, Favre the victim....yikes.

Its better then not getting it. I LOL'ED

Yeah that was good stuff.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

How is that calling him a victim.. in the court of public opinion he can't please everyone.. especially not Trom on a forum.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:

especially not Trom on a forum.

Yeah it's not like Favre's been MVP of my sig box almost all season. If only I could look at things objectively....

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its likely Favre is saying what he's saying because that is the approach he wants for himself. He's said numerous times that he's looking at the game like a coach now, and I like a coach that won't talk about how good his team is.

Hard work and focus on what needs improvement is what has gotten us here and it looks to me like Favre is completely focused on that.

Besides, in the past he hasn't been shy about lavishing praise on his team (the most talent I've ever been around) or being blunt (during last season, saying we aren't very good right now). I think he's being honest about his team in saying they have a lot to work on.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
tromadz said:

So are you saying if Favre didn't downplay this team so much they'd be cocky,arrogant,selfish,lazy,complacent?

(I'm playing devils advocate there. These players arent retarded kids. HE doesnt NEED to downplay it so much. 10-1 and he refuses to say its a good team? HUH? I know what he's trying to do, its just...silly)

You're reading a lot into what I wrote. I'm just saying that this is a young team and Favre is the leader, and he seems to be doing a very good job in that role, so why change what he's doing? I don't understand why this is an issue for you. Do you think he is sapping his teammates of their confidence by refusing to openly say that they are a good team? If that was the case, they wouldn't be playing so well. Are other QB's out there saying that their teams are good? Are they even being asked that question? This is just a non-issue, as far as I'm concerned.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
tromadz said:

Well were 10 and 1. It doesnt seem to be hurting us..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't any of you notice the smirk Brett was trying to hide when they asked him if he would say this team was good now? He lowered his head, and was trying to hide it! I THINK that he would have loved to say "Hell yes! We are gonna go to and WIN the Super Bowl!!!"
But he KNOWS that anything he says will be used against him later. It could end up on someone's locker room wall, to give them more motivation to TRY to beat us. He's better off keeping his thoughts to himself.
JMO

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't any of you notice the smirk Brett was trying to hide when they asked him if he would say this team was good now? He lowered his head, and was trying to hide it!

It was a playful situation by the guys in the booth too. If there was any time to say YEAH, it was then. It wasnt locked in some room with chris collinsworth, or live(taped) with Rome, it was guys goofin off after a win, and he didnt...blah...whatever, bretts playing amazing, amazing guy, he just irritates me with that sometimes.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:

especially not Trom on a forum.

Yeah it's not like Favre's been MVP of my sig box almost all season. If only I could look at things objectively....

That has not gone unnoticed trom.......Just what are you setting us up for ? :wink:

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Bretts Post Game award Funny as hell.
2. Honestly I dont know if he knows how good this team is. Maybe it feels really dream like for him
3. He believes this team is talented in all phases.
4. Trom have you noticed his answers are very shadowy and skewed wonder if MM has told him to keep it on the field with his play. Bretts being very coach like.
5. Did I mention his postgame was funny as hell.

Members online

Latest posts