Bret Retire NOW

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I disagree. But we need to find a way to keep his old *** warm in these late-winter games.

he can't get it done in the cold anymore.

Putting a hot pack down the front of your facemask??? *****

However, he had an unbelievable year. How can you pukes possibly say he needs to retire after a couple bad cold weather games? Look at his stats this year.
I respect Favre and the things he did for us this year so I will not disrespect him like the person that made this topic, but most of his TDs came when the WR ran after the catch. The WR did more for Favres stats did he did.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys all know the Favre we all know would have pulled his magic and somehow found us a way to win this game. He didnt and he doesnt have it anymore.

Here's where pib disagrees.

Denver game.

KC game.

Chargers game.

He's still got it, just not in the cold.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brady had 3 INTs today, maybe he should retire!

We lost because our running game didn't exist and our defense didn't come through with any big plays. Plus when we had chances to recover fumbles, we came up short.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh. Funny thing I'm agreeing with a Bear fan.

Whomever thinks Favre needs to retire has some serious ADD issues.

There's only one man who had a perfect season this year, and he got the MVP. NOBODY ELSE IN THE NFL had a perfect season.

Favre and Grant got us this far.

You guys are morons.

Zombie,

I agree with you that Favre/Grant got us this far however I agree with the sentiment of Favre retiring.

YES, w/o Favre, we would not have won those games but, would Rodgers have made that pass to Driver that went for a TD? I believe so. What about the 2nd TD? I believe that as well.

IF we are willing to give Brett credit for the wins this year, we also have to give credit where credit is due and fault who is at fault.

Packers lost this game because they didn't want to win it. But Favre had his opportunity and blew it. Is it solely his fault? NO but the last pass was something that was not Favre-esque and thus resulted in the loss.

The Packers defense kept us in the game, play calling was atrocious, Favre was way off in the 2nd half and the team's inexperience showed.

Time for Brett to take a GOOD look at what his career was and move on.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I disagree. But we need to find a way to keep his old *** warm in these late-winter games.

However, he had an unbelievable year. How can you pukes possibly say he needs to retire after a couple bad cold weather games? Look at his stats this year.

I guess since my quote said "I disagree", I'm one of those "pukes" who say he needs to retire?

Whatever, I'm drunk, I'm pissed, and I hope he comes back. That's my take.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only beef I had with the game was that we didn't run very much. During the Seahawks we would run for more than one play a drive and it worked great. Give the O-Line a chance to open up some holes. I think we made ourselves one demensional. We could've run the ball more than we have, the blame cannot be solely placed on one person, we just didn't show up tonight.

Props to a great year for the Packers when many underestimated us, and predicted us to have another 8-8 type year. Overall I'm pretty happy, I would've loved us to have gone to the SB (especially since I'll be in Tempe at the end of next week for my job) but we made it further than most of us thought we would've at the beginning of the season. We just need to lock up Grant for a few more years, resign Corey Williams, have a solid draft and we'll be in good shape for next year.

As for the Super Bowl, just get really really drunk so everybodys uniforms look green and gold. Haha.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only beef I had with the game was that we didn't run very much. During the Seahawks we would run for more than one play a drive and it worked great. Give the O-Line a chance to open up some holes. I think we made ourselves one demensional. We could've run the ball more than we have, the blame cannot be solely placed on one person, we just didn't show up tonight.

Props to a great year for the Packers when many underestimated us, and predicted us to have another 8-8 type year. Overall I'm pretty happy, I would've loved us to have gone to the SB (especially since I'll be in Tempe at the end of next week for my job) but we made it further than most of us thought we would've at the beginning of the season. We just need to lock up Grant for a few more years, resign Corey Williams, have a solid draft and we'll be in good shape for next year.

As for the Super Bowl, just get really really drunk so everybodys uniforms look green and gold. Haha.

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
You guys all know the Favre we all know would have pulled his magic and somehow found us a way to win this game. He didnt and he doesnt have it anymore.

Here's where pib disagrees.

Denver game.

KC game.

Chargers game.

He's still got it, just not in the cold.

I wouldnt give Favre total credit for the Chargers game. It was a nice throw and run after the catch by both favre and jennings.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys!! are you aware of what you are saying? You want Aaron rodgers to come in when the only thing he has proven is that he can get injured... often. And all because Brett had a bad game in -4 degree weather? But lets move past the part where we had stupid penalties and played ****** defense all night and just pin it all on Brett.. yes Brett screw you for leading us to a 13-3 season and the NFC championship game.... screw you sir. After summing up what you guys said, doesnt it make ya feel a little bit retarded?

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are outta your MINDS! Have you seen the season stats?! He had a few bad throws in a very important game. It was -4 and EVERYONE was playing below their typical levels. Harris and Woodson should have been jamming receivers better and the secondary coverage was terrible. Our tackling was lacking; no one seemed to be able to wrap up their assignments. Our run game was non-existant. Jacobs kicked our ***. The Giants just played an overall better game.

This loss CAN NOT be completely attributed to Favre's last minute interception. The man is still one of the best quarterbacks in the current league; both statistically and in play-making ability. Everyone saying he's "lost his magic" and he's "over the hill" needs to rethink their statements while looking at the whole picture of the game and not the last straw.

Idiots.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombie,

I agree with you that Favre/Grant got us this far however I agree with the sentiment of Favre retiring.

YES, w/o Favre, we would not have won those games but, would Rodgers have made that pass to Driver that went for a TD? I believe so. What about the 2nd TD? I believe that as well.

IF we are willing to give Brett credit for the wins this year, we also have to give credit where credit is due and fault who is at fault.

Packers lost this game because they didn't want to win it. But Favre had his opportunity and blew it. Is it solely his fault? NO but the last pass was something that was not Favre-esque and thus resulted in the loss.

The Packers defense kept us in the game, play calling was atrocious, Favre was way off in the 2nd half and the team's inexperience showed.

Time for Brett to take a GOOD look at what his career was and move on.

Obi - Isn't anyone willing to give the Giants credit? they looked better than we did today. They won the game.

Favre was good in the 1st half, and when we went to the pass, the Giants kept the right amount of people back and their four man rush didn't give Favre enough time to pick apart the Giants secondary. In other words, I'd give credit to the Giants D.

Favre still gives us the best chance to win. Favre is still a top 5 QB in the NFL. All I want more than anything else is for Green Bay to win some SBs. Until Rodgers proves he is better than Favre, Favre should be our QB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mrs cheesey here i dont know alot about football, but i know a dumb statement when i hear it

favre is the main reason we got this far in the first place

to say he should retire, rates as number one stupid award comment of the year

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys!! are you aware of what you are saying? You want Aaron rodgers to come in when the only thing he has proven is that he can get injured... often. And all because Brett had a bad game in -4 degree weather? But lets move past the part where we had stupid penalties and played ****** defense all night and just pin it all on Brett.. yes Brett screw you for leading us to a 13-3 season and the NFC championship game.... screw you sir. After summing up what you guys said, doesnt it make ya feel a little bit retarded?

The only games I can think of that Favre won for us was 2. Rodgers proved he can play after tearing apart Dallas defense and sticking to the game plan. Favre decide to throw it into double coverage and throw it to a well cover driver in the end which cost us this game. Did anyone of you guys relize what Favre did in the entire second half? throw it deep on second down, then short of third or an INT.

I think Favre has to realize his time is up and has to move on. Rodgers can do things that Favre cant do and like wise, like create things with his feet when he see his WR covered.

Also I think the SI cover curse had to do with this lost also.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:

I guess since my quote said "I disagree", I'm one of those "pukes" who say he needs to retire?

Whatever, I'm drunk, I'm pissed, and I hope he comes back. That's my take.

LOL. Actually, I quoted you because I agreed with you. After I submitted, I wondered if you would think I was referring to yuo...I was not.

Drink lots of water...good for a hangover. WOnt change the score, however.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are outta your MINDS! Have you seen the season stats?! He had a few bad throws in a very important game. It was -4 and EVERYONE was playing below their typical levels. Harris and Woodson should have been jamming receivers better and the secondary coverage was terrible. Our tackling was lacking; no one seemed to be able to wrap up their assignments. Our run game was non-existant. Jacobs kicked our ***. The Giants just played an overall better game.

This loss CAN NOT be completely attributed to Favre's last minute interception. The man is still one of the best quarterbacks in the current league; both statistically and in play-making ability. Everyone saying he's "lost his magic" and he's "over the hill" needs to rethink their statements while looking at the whole picture of the game and not the last straw.

Idiots.

Agreed.

We lost because the Giants are a better team.

Favre is our best QB. He should play (if he wants to) until Rodgers wins the starting spot.

Favre had a wonderful year, and I'm proud of my Packers. Great year. It came down to one field goal.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Idiots.

I agfree with you about the receivers being jammed. Packers lost this game on many fronts. INCLUDING BRETT's. IF you want to give him credit for all his fantastic plays, you have to denounce him when he errs. He erred on that play and missed some throws. The way we idolize him and thed NFL idolizes him, I think he is held by a very high standard which I think puts him in a no win situation. He is nearly 40 years old... He need not take the abuse. He should move on with his head held VERY high.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are all upset right now and are going to say things we dont mean. I truely believe that when I wake up tomorrow, 2 weeks, 3 months from now it would be in the best interest that Favre retires. I love Favre and he is the man. But #1 we had a great season, Favre had a great season, what says next season is as good? Favre could go out on top. #2 we have the youngest team and a guy who is waiting in the wings and has looked pretty good, Aaron Rodgers. Favre didnt show any heart in this game at all. im upset and rambling

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO! The all-time INT leader strikes again! This time to ice another game. Have a seat Brett.

Hey, how was it getting an early start on your offseason, man?

Bears were a freakin joke this year, and could never dream of a qb of even Aaron Rodgers' caliber.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mrs cheesey here i dont know alot about football, but i know a dumb statement when i hear it

favre is the main reason we got this far in the first place

to say he should retire, rates as number one stupid award comment of the year

:thumbsup: Way to go Mrs. Cheesey!!!

Members online

Latest posts