1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Bret Retire NOW

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starpass, Jan 21, 2008.

1. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nuff said.

2. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He made several bad decisions, but want him to retire...no not really.

4. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, Favre is a legend and a hero but he doesnt look like he has it anymore and it has got to be time to move on with Rodgers.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree. But we need to find a way to keep his old *** warm in these late-winter games.

he can't get it done in the cold anymore.

6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh STFU Waterboy

7. CaptainItchy

CaptainItchy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know how to defend him right now...but I still want him to return... but I have a feeling that he's done...it's very emotional to loose the game in his hands...

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Given the bad weather, Favre played alright. As good as you could ask of him on such weather.

He kept things alive, was throwing hard, and for the most part sharp.

He doesn't need to pack it in yet, he still has it.

9. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Putting a hot pack down the front of your facemask??? LMFAO

However, he had an unbelievable year. How can you pukes possibly say he needs to retire after a couple bad cold weather games? Look at his stats this year.

10. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This game was lost because the O-line couldn't run block tonight. The Giants made us one dimensional.

11. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The defense lost this game not Favre!
    Maybe Al Harris should retire.

12. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, yes...and it begins again.

13. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys be serious are you making excuses just because its Favre??? Ya we were bad in alot of areas but look at what Manning was able to do in the cold he looked amazing.

14. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree.

Our game plan was to throw, and in weather like this you are going to have balls that slip.

It may well be that the INT was simple miscommunication between DD and Favre, or the ball slipped as Favre threw.

Either of those don't prove that he can't get it done in the cold. Heck last week proves he can still put on a show in the cold.

15. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lambeau...in Jan....we are NOT suppose to lose. Bret gave them the game. Ryan Grant was WIDE open on the pick play. He tried a touch pass in minus four below weather. MM played not to lose. Where were the blitzes? Hawk...got faked out of his JOCK on the play before the second missed FG. The play calling was mediocre at best...Come on...passes that went side ways? Where was our superior receivers to their depleated secondary? WE CHOKED. What a disapointing end to a terrific season. 81% of viewer to ESPN picked the pack to win...OH...well, we get a better draft choice now. Set back and have an ol' milwaukee and CRY in our BEER!

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Funny thing I'm agreeing with a Bear fan.

Whomever thinks Favre needs to retire has some serious ADD issues.

There's only one man who had a perfect season this year, and he got the MVP. NOBODY ELSE IN THE NFL had a perfect season.

Favre and Grant got us this far.

You guys are morons.

17. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THE BANDWANGON LOSSES ONE IDIOT BUT THERE IS 2 PEOPLE TO TAKE HIS PLACE

18. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    favre made some mistakes, but I blame the coaching staff for this one. The offensive play calling was horrible. I think considering the conditions and the hype for this game, we gave it a hell of a ride! Lets do it again next season!

19. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Grant was wide open short, Favre forced that last throw. I really had no confidence that we would march down the field and score in OT>

20. Erick

Erick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If a few more catches are made in the end, we win and you would be typing something intelligent. However, neither was the case. We played poor and the Giants played well. I hope with everything I have that he comes back and has an inkling of season he had this year. I couldn't be more proud to be a Packer fan.

He has nothing to prove to you or me.

21. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, Brett was making tough throws all night.

Our blocking lacked, and our play calling is designed to have multiple reads, short and deep down the field.

You wanted McCarthy to call runs when we could barely get 2 yards per run?

You wanted McCarthy to call screen when we've been terrible running screen passes all year?

You wanted McCarthy to call more short passes even though the Giants were all over the short stuff, never allowing the WRs to do something after a catch?

The giants came prepared and executed MUCH better than the Packers. That's why they won, they executed better, not because they had better play calling.

22. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys all know the Favre we all know would have pulled his magic and somehow found us a way to win this game. He didnt and he doesnt have it anymore. Yes everyone knew that if we lost this thread was coming but everyone is extremly mad. Maybe Favre could come back next year and do great but we also have one of the youngest teams and maybe its time to give it to Rodgers and lead this ship. Look at Favre in Dallas game he looked like trash and got all caught up in something. Look what happened when Rodgers came in he moved us right down the field. No more excuses we faced the same Dallas team both halves.

23. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, when its really cold, Brett's looked more uncomfortable than the opposing qb.

No way should he retire. He's still got it. But he needs to play better in games when everything's on the line.

A hall of famer should be trusted in a situation like tonight: move the chains, get in postition, kick the FG. Eli, who sucks ***, did it. Brett had the first chance to do it, and he turned it over against a crappy secondary.

24. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  25. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    We'll that's the point of blitzing like no tomorrow, you don't give the QB enough time to progress through his reads.

Giants got enough pressure to make things difficult, and that pressure led to mistakes. The entire team deserves blame for not doing enough to limit the pressure, you can't just put this on Brett.