Bret Bielema to Arkansas

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tough loss. Bet he got a pay raise.

Paul Chryst, Barry is on the phone for you.

I heard BB will coach in the rose bowl though (Lunchbox screams)

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just from a really early outlook, who would be canidates for the job? ivo610 already mentioned Chryst. I imagine Canada would be considered too.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just from a really early outlook, who would be canidates for the job? ivo610 already mentioned Chryst. I imagine Canada would be considered too.

Actually the coach I want to see the most is Bevell. Wisconsin ties. Never been a head coach. Success in the NFL.

12theTruth

Bielema frustrated the hell out of me at times BUT his track record as a winning coach speaks for itself. His bowl record was a negative but you have to also consider trips to 3 straight Rose Bowls and all of the NFL caliber talents during his watch.

There is not going to be a herd of great coaches clamoring for the Wisconsin job. To see the glee of Bielema leaving astounds me. So what if he was a bit of a *****. We could and probably will take a step back now.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really sad. I was hoping he would become the next Packer head coach.
This is someone who knows how to build the running game.

L

Lunchboxer

Lets say he won the 2 Rose Bowls. I would hate him now because hes a damn sellout.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets say he won the 2 Rose Bowls. I would hate him now because hes a damn sellout.
Its the the nature of the business. They are paying him a ton more and he gets to coach in the SEC. Anyone who says they wouldnt do the same thing is lying to themselves.

I would jump at the chance to do the same job for a different company for millions more.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bielema frustrated the hell out of me at times BUT his track record as a winning coach speaks for itself. His bowl record was a negative but you have to also consider trips to 3 straight Rose Bowls and all of the NFL caliber talents during his watch.

There is not going to be a herd of great coaches clamoring for the Wisconsin job. To see the glee of Bielema leaving astounds me. So what if he was a bit of a *****. We could and probably will take a step back now.

Actually, his overall record masks the truth behind it. BB amassed some gaudy stats (68-24 overall, including 37-19 in conference) by beating up on lesser programs. But, when faced against good-to-elite programs, his record is pedestrian. For instance, he's only 8-10 against top-25 teams going back to 2008, was 2-4 in bowl games, and played one team ranked in the pre-season slate of games: Fresno State (#21) in 2008. And his numbers against other Big Ten established programs are similar: http://wp.me/p29VCs-dm

Bottom line, BB did a good job of maintaining status quo, but I don't think the loss will be as critical to the program as some may think.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If anyone wants a link to watch a Packer game online. Please feel free to PM me. I will glady assist any packer fan that be needing a link.

Do so PM ONLY!!

Bret Belima worst coach ever. Loses 2 Rose Bowls in a ROW! in a ROW!!

Keeping this sig till he finally wins a rose bowl or gets fired. Im hoping the latter.

Looks like you are now stuck with this signature forever. He didn't get fired, and he will probably never win a Rosebowl with Arkansas.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think, unless the Badgers strike gold with the next hire... many will look back fondly on Bret's years here and will regret not embracing the success he achieved. Bemoan the Rose Bowl loses all you want, but few teams would have provided the game to Oregon that the Badgers did. TCU simply out coached Bret and Chryst in terms of the chess match of TCU's Defense vs Wisconsin's Offense. They used speed to chase down the outside runs.. but neither Chryst nor Bret adjusted. But that was a single game and they realized they had an issue at QB and resolved it last year. They also netted a QB out of CA moving forward.

Sure he made time management mistakes and might have spoken out of turn at times.. but the guy brought passion and drive to the program.

I am disappointed he chose to leave, especially in this context, but it isn't like he was beloved back a good portion of the fan base. He made a choice and didn't screw around doing it.

Members online

Latest posts