Brent Grimes...I want us to get him.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins are so stupid (in every way imaginable...LOL) that they are about to let go of one of the best cover corners in the NFL as an unrestricted Free Agent. We need to get him. I am telling you all, Brent Grimes is good, REAL good. Let's do it.

Opinions?

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your price? Anyone can be gotten if you ignore salary cap.
I guess (zero basis) about $7-8 million. He takes 1 year deals, too. He has been in the league since 2006 and only Miami has kept him for 2 years. Every other team has been one year only, his whole career. Just get him if we can, trust me on that.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is good but our corners are rising no way it happens.. I want us to get forte Rodgers will be happy forte will be cheap and hate to say it we won't be getting any te through free agency unless other cuts happen Dwayne Allens deal just set the market and no one is good enough to do it lets take a chance on another guy and plus no one knows what backman will do yet he is a receiving te I don't wanna dump money onto players now cuz we gotta resign our line next yr and lacy who will have a great season I will be happy with just forte who I want and possibly trade up to get Ragland if deal is right take jaylon smith in the 3rd sit him a yr and we can do something and there is always gonna be a no name for us that's gonna come to play this yr Elliot is breaking out 10 sacks saying it now!!! He will start!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My opinion is no. Talent acquisition is a zero sum game and CB is far down the list of needs. BTW, he's played 6 years in Atlanta and 3 in Miami and is going into the third year of a 4-year contract. Perhaps he signed a one-year deal in 2013 but what makes you think he'll sign one now, considering there are teams that need CBs more than the Packers?

Last edited:

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, I would say yes if CB was a need but coming into 2016, we have a secondary on the rise that I believe will end up as a Top 5 group by the end of this season. Grimes would be a luxury.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
CB is almost the last position I would expect to see the Packers spending big money on a FA.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion is no. Talent acquisition is a zero sum game and CB is far down the list of needs. BTW, he's played 6 years in Atlanta and 3 in Miami and is going into the third year of a 4-year contract. Perhaps he signed a one-year deal in 2013 but what makes you think he'll sign one now, considering there are teams that need CBs more than the Packers?
He will structure his contract (IMO) so that it is a front end loaded deal, and in essence a 1-2 year contract based on performance as long as you give him good guaranteed $$$. It is what he has done his whole career.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB is almost the last position I would expect to see the Packers spending big money on a FA.
I know, but can you ever have enough good CBs? He is one of the best. And we will not have to give up a draft pick for him. Always a plus. Right? LOL

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, but can you ever have enough good CBs? He is one of the best. And we will not have to give up a draft pick for him. Always a plus. Right? LOL
EDIT: Man-to-Man coverage, you will be hard pressed to find many better than Brent Grimes. Period.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Right, but are you remembering the cap and positions of greater need? How much will Grimes ask? What do you do with Randall, Rollins and Gunter?

I guess I would be equally excited if you told me there was a good starting QB ready to hit the market. We really don't need another starting QB or a CB, especially at the expense of spending cap money that could be better used on a position of greater need.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you his agent in disguise?

I see no reason to spend money on a CB when there are more glaring needs.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy with Randall, Rollins, Hyde and Shields. Thanks ;)

Plus we have Gunter who looks damn promising.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, but are you remembering the cap and positions of greater need? How much will Grimes ask? What do you do with Randall, Rollins and Gunter?

I guess I would be equally excited if you told me there was a good starting QB ready to hit the market. We really don't need another QB or a CB, especially at the expense of spending cap money that could be better used on a position of greater need.

Do we have a good capologist? Honest question. Those people can work magic, literally.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
CashinFist, I get it, I remember how much you hate your old team The Dolphins, but find us a well priced TE, ILB or OT that the Phins want to peddle. :D

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grimes is a good CB, no doubt. However, DB is our deepest position. In fact, it might be the best we have seen here in years. Just no room for him.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CashinFist, I get it, I remember how much you hate your old team The Dolphins, but find us a well priced TE, ILB or OT that the Phins want to peddle. :D
Well, if we are talking 2017? Branden Albert and Jordan Cameron will be goners, I think.

ILB? If we need one that badly, as it seems? Trade up to get Myles Jack, imho.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Do we have a good capologist? Honest question. Those people can work magic, literally.
No, they literally can't, at least not with regard to the cap (maybe they do magic in their spare time). Figuratively maybe. The last contract he signed was for 4 years totaling $32M with $16M guaranteed. But IMO that's a moot point because actual and cap money needs to be spent on high priority team needs.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they literally can't, at least not with regard to the cap (maybe they do magic in their spare time). Figuratively maybe. The last contract he signed was for 4 years totaling $32M with $16M guaranteed. But IMO that's a moot point because actual and cap money needs to be spent on high priority team needs.
Ok, you know what I meant.

Also, you proved my point. He got $16 Million guaranteed in 2 years, and that is all he will ever see in Miami..

The way it REALLY works, is precisely this way:

In the NFL, the only money in ANY contract you will EVER SEE is the guaranteed money. "Teams" screw over players ALL THE TIME, every single year. Like clockwork.

P.S. I am a "Players Fan" first and foremost. I am just now trying to catch up with the rest of our team so I can have educated discussions on what holes we need to fill.

#PackersWinSuperBowl51 (I tell anybody that will listen that, lol)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts