Breaking Packers Hire Former Panthers DC

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm. New D Coordinator who is running a 3-4. New D Line coach, who has spent the last seven years as Carolina's D Coordinator. Julius Peppers, who has also spent the last seven years in Carolina, is a free agent and has expressed interest in playing in a 3-4 defense (as opposed to Carolina's 4-3.)

:D

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers would be an interesting pickup. I'm curious if he could play the OLB position and cover a zone or a TE in man coverage. It would be a pretty good pass rush with him and Kampan coming from the outside.

I like the signing because the Panthers' defensive line has been a top unit for four or five years now. Hopefully he rubs off :) on the players.

D-townPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see the Pack getting Peppers. He didn't seem to see eye to eye with Trgovac at Carolina, although the scheme may have been part of it. Still, bad blood is bad blood. The Pack will have Kampman as one of the OLB's and I see them going after Suggs as the other bookend.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-townPacker said:
I just don't see the Pack getting Peppers. He didn't seem to see eye to eye with Trgovac at Carolina, although the scheme may have been part of it. Still, bad blood is bad blood. The Pack will have Kampman as one of the OLB's and I see them going after Suggs as the other bookend.

Yeah I agree I really don't see us gettin anyone through free agency this off season.. TT may try like he did with Jason Taylor but I don't think he'd be willing to give up a 1st rounder that a Peppers or Suggs would be worth.. and I think I'm fine with that.. We already have alot of tools here already and with the draft comin up we should have a solid D.. Pickin up a Peppers or Suggs would be nice but I don't think we have to 2 have a solid D this coming season

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
[quote="D-townPacker":1zotp9zh]I just don't see the Pack getting Peppers. He didn't seem to see eye to eye with Trgovac at Carolina, although the scheme may have been part of it. Still, bad blood is bad blood. The Pack will have Kampman as one of the OLB's and I see them going after Suggs as the other bookend.

Yeah I agree I really don't see us gettin anyone through free agency this off season.. TT may try like he did with Jason Taylor but I don't think he'd be willing to give up a 1st rounder that a Peppers or Suggs would be worth.. and I think I'm fine with that.. We already have alot of tools here already and with the draft comin up we should have a solid D.. Pickin up a Peppers or Suggs would be nice but I don't think we have to 2 have a solid D this coming season[/quote:1zotp9zh]

Why would we have to give up a draft pick for Peppers or Suggs? Arent they both UFA's?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
[quote="Aa-rodg_is_cool":12hd9g0m][quote="D-townPacker":12hd9g0m]I just don't see the Pack getting Peppers. He didn't seem to see eye to eye with Trgovac at Carolina, although the scheme may have been part of it. Still, bad blood is bad blood. The Pack will have Kampman as one of the OLB's and I see them going after Suggs as the other bookend.

Yeah I agree I really don't see us gettin anyone through free agency this off season.. TT may try like he did with Jason Taylor but I don't think he'd be willing to give up a 1st rounder that a Peppers or Suggs would be worth.. and I think I'm fine with that.. We already have alot of tools here already and with the draft comin up we should have a solid D.. Pickin up a Peppers or Suggs would be nice but I don't think we have to 2 have a solid D this coming season[/quote:12hd9g0m]

Why would we have to give up a draft pick for Peppers or Suggs? Arent they both UFA's?[/quote:12hd9g0m]

Unless he is thinking the Panthers tag one of them

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Unless he is thinking the Panthers tag one of them

Considering they tag both of them ( I believe they will with Peppers, but it's hard to tag Suggs with Ray Lewis and Bart Scott also being FAs ), how much are they worth? 2nd round pick? more?

And on other subject, with Capers, Trgovac and possibly Edwards, do we have the best defensive coaching staff in the league? Players do all the work, but elite coaches make an average team great.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Wok said:
Hmmm. New D Coordinator who is running a 3-4. New D Line coach, who has spent the last seven years as Carolina's D Coordinator. Julius Peppers, who has also spent the last seven years in Carolina, is a free agent and has expressed interest in playing in a 3-4 defense (as opposed to Carolina's 4-3.)

Yes, Julius Peppers seems to be unhappy in Carolina. Yes, he expressed interest in playing
3-4. Actually he said that "the 3-4 would comfort his talent much better" and that "he doesn't
want to waste more time playing in a system that doesn't fit for him."
(Don't force me to get the source for you!! I think, it was on espn.com?!?)

Two questions:
1. Doesn' that sound a bit "ME-FIRST"????
2. How is his relationship with his former DC??? Does it draw him to Green Bay or repell him
to the - #fill in ugly team - for me it's the Cowgirls#

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather have suggs over peppers ...

Peppers will probably cost us much more then suggs and IMO suggs would provide much more in terms of sacks and playability as a OLB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts