BREAKING NEWS: Packers sign Aaron Rodgers!

faninOz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jul05/345018.asp

Woohoo! Now everyone will be in camp. Let's see what this guy is made of.

I am really looking foward to seeing him in the pre-season.

When did Bubba sign? I have seen no mention of him signing. My understanding is that if he hasn't signed then he can't be in camp. If so then not 'everyone will be in camp'.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear Aaron Rodgers finally signed. Now he can get some work in.

I haven't heard anything on Franks either. Lets get him in ASAP.

Can't wait for that first pre-season game to see those young players and who stands out with our re-built Bates Defence.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool. I hope he can win the backup spot this year so he can get some experience at the end of a few games. Otherwise as a 3rd string QB he won't get any unless both QBs get hurt.

I have no idea if Rodgers will ever amount to anything, but I think the Packers are fortunate to have the potential pieces fall into place as well as they did for replacing Brett someday. I don't think we could have asked for a much better scenario. It sure beats some of the alternatives that we were looking at before Rodgers fell to us in the draft.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Rodgers fell so far, and into the hands of the Pack will be something that will be talked about five years from now by fans from the teams that passed on him.

Call it a gut feeling, call it RP being a "Half Full" guy, call it what ever.

MARK MY WORDS.... MY friends here on the forum.

Brett setting an example for this kid, his raw talent, and more importantly his attitude will make this the Pick of his draft year.

I feel it, I feel it as strong as I have felt anything before.

He will be a superstar.

RP

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears had the steal of the draft in Kyle Orton.
Last year he threw for 3,090 yards, 31 TD's, 5 INT's and completed 60.7% of his passes for a QB rating of 151.1 all with a rib injury.
He threw only 23 interceptions in 947 attempts at Purdue and was only the third quarterback in school history to start three bowl games, following Mark Herrmann and Drew Brees.
Named 14th-best player in the nation (No. 2 in the Big Ten) by ESPN The Magazine ... preseason third team All-American and No. 3-ranked quarterback in the nation by Phil Steele's behind Matt Leinart (USC) and Jason White (Oklahoma) ... ranked No. 4 by The Sporting News and Street & Smith's ... preseason Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year by Lindy's and The Sporting News ... named Most Fearless Quarterback in Big Ten by The Sporting News ... tabbed Most Accurate Passer, Strongest Arm and Coolest in the Clutch in Big Ten by Lindy's ... selected Best Passing QB in Big Ten by Street & Smith's.
He dropped in the draft due to the rib injury and may end up being the best QB taken in this year

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Orton a great deal Phil... You may have a great one there as well.

I like Aaron a little more though.... But who the heck am I to judge.

I still dream at night that I can turn back the clock, sit down with Todd Marinovich, convince him to stop smoking dope, surfing nude, and bring all of that talent he had back on the field for the Raidahhhs.

RP

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The fact that Rodgers fell so far, and into the hands of the Pack will be something that will be talked about five years from now by fans from the teams that passed on him.

RP

Kind of ironic, as a sports talk show radio host down here in Arizona was saying the same thing a few months ago.

He was ripping the Cardinals for not taking Rodgers, saying how the Cardinals continue to take over the hill rejects like they did with Boomer Esiason, Dave Krieg, Jeff Blake, and now Kurt Warner.

He said in five years Cardinal fans will be wondering why the Cardinals didn't take Rodgers when they see him throwing TD passes at Lambeau Field.

I hope both of you are right.

The way this receiver Murphy sounds like a player in the 2nd round, and with the potential of Rodgers if he pans out, the future beyond Brett has some potential to be good without the doom and gloom some people predict. But I can wait for it as I still enjoy watching #4.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
The way this receiver Murphy sounds like a player in the 2nd round, and with the potential of Rodgers if he pans out, the future beyond Brett has some potential to be good without the doom and gloom some people predict. But I can wait for it as I still enjoy watching #4.

I'm sure every Packer fan hopes Aaron Rodgers is the real deal and the Packers won't miss a beat at QB when Brett Favre retires.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers will work out just fine as the heir apparent to Brett Favre. He is a different type of QB though. I think he will be a little more steady and won't try to do too much like #4 tries once in a while. We've all come to live with Favre's mistakes because of the outstanding plays he gives the team every week. The outstanding play may not be there with Rodgers, but hopefully the consistency will be. Only time will tell and I know I'm willing to wait 2-3 years if Favre wants to keep playing. :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Raider Pride said:

RP

I agree. I think that a few teams will regret not taking him when he was on the board.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
It's not official until he rides his first bike to practice :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maybe thats my bike hes riding.

You need to put some of those pegs by the rear wheel so you can stand on them and ride along while he's driving. :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:

I'm sure every Packer fan hopes Aaron Rodgers is the real deal and the Packers won't miss a beat at QB when Brett Favre retires.

So which are YOU? A Packer fan? or NOT?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Call it a gut feeling, call it RP being a "Half Full" guy, call it what ever.

MARK MY WORDS.... MY friends here on the forum.

Brett setting an example for this kid, his raw talent, and more importantly his attitude will make this the Pick of his draft year.

I feel it, I feel it as strong as I have felt anything before.

He will be a superstar.

RP

someone nailed it.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone nailed it.

if only there was a thread back then that would have said...
"i promise you this, brett favre will never win another superbowl...in fact, he will probably fake retire then join i dunno..1 or 2 other teams. i could see him join the stupidist team in the leauge. just a gut feeling"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if only there was a thread back then that would have said...
"i promise you this, brett favre will never win another superbowl...in fact, he will probably fake retire then join i dunno..1 or 2 other teams. i could see him join the stupidist team in the leauge. just a gut feeling"

you would have been banned from the forum lol

Members online

Latest posts