Breaking news from a friend in Green Bay!!!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got a call from a friend in GB, he gets me tickets for Green Bay games, he told me there is a big thing going in Lombardi Avenue, it seems that Brett make up his mind and told TT, he told me that apparently TT got kind of upset with the news.

My buddy told me he fells Brett will retire.

A sad day indeed if this confirms, I am hoping this is not true.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is what it is, Chamuko. All good things eventiually come to an end. Now have a Tequila!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to seem so happy...digs!

(Just wait til the season starts...cause it's gonna be a loooong one if this is true!)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, there is not an ounce of joy in me over the fact that #4 might walk away. I am merely a pragmatic fellow who has enjoyed immensely the 14 years Favre has given us, and who realizes that all athletic careers come to an end at some point. Favre has played longer, and accomplished much more than even he imagined. If he decides to walk away, my best to him and his family and thanks for the memories.

How you assume joy on my part is ****in' amazing....but then again, I forgot you are a psychic who not only reads minds but, apparently, is able to plant thoughts in people's minds.

You are astounding!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
he told me there is a big thing going in Lombardi Avenue, it seems that Brett make up his mind and told TT, he told me that apparently TT got kind of upset with the news.

quote]

why does the image of TT pulling his hair out in the middle of the street come up there?

is your friend TT's secretary?

OhioNative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to USAToday.com here is what Favre's agent stated.

Brett Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, says the quarterback wants to play one more season. But Favre is waiting for the Packers to persuade him to come off the fence for a 16th season.

"I believe Brett sincerely wants to play another year," Cook says. "But he wants to be able to compete. He doesn't want to go back to what he just left."

Health is not an issue for Favre's wife, Deanna, one year after doctors gave her a clean bill of health following a breast cancer diagnosis.

"Deanna's doing well," Cook says. "She wants Brett to do whatever makes him happy

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
66, there is not an ounce of joy in me over the fact that #4 might walk away. I am merely a pragmatic fellow who has enjoyed immensely the 14 years Favre has given us, and who realizes that all athletic careers come to an end at some point. Favre has played longer, and accomplished much more than even he imagined. If he decides to walk away, my best to him and his family and thanks for the memories.

How you assume joy on my part is ****in' amazing....but then again, I forgot you are a psychic who not only reads minds but, apparently, is able to plant thoughts in people's minds.

You are astounding!

eeeeeeeeasy, digs...one tequila, two tequila, three tequila...floor!! go to it, buddy!! :pals: lick it, slam it, suck it!!! :lol:

now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I need to find a quiet place after your last message 4packgirl!!

Temptress!!

wink, wink, nudge, nudge...roflmao, digs!! just tryin to keep it fun & frisky today!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moist and messy is more like it!!

Note: A line may have been crossed with this one.....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aww awww awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i think my nutrigrain bar is coming back up now...awww

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey..between me and 4packgirl...we will bring some levity back to this board..sick levity, granted...but levity nonetheless!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sick, twisted, nasty levity - my specialty!!
don't worry digs - line officially NOT crossed - not with me anyway!! trommykins on the other hand...
btw, wtf are you doin eating nutrigrain bars, trommy boy??? :wtf:

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Nothing against Chamuko's buddy, but forgive me for not being too concerened about favre's poosible retirement because there is reportedly a "big thing going on at Lombardi Avenue."

From every other person close to Brett that I have heard speak on this subject, ie his agent and family, it sounds to me as though he is going to come back for one more year. That's the announcement I am expecting to hear sometime this weekend.

At which point I will drink 24-30 celebratory beers, pass out, and in all likelihood urinate on myself while I'm sleeping. Just trying to be honest.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom, do you also wear birkenstocks??

4pack.....glad your sense of humor runs to the dark side.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also it will be nice to know that if he does come back he knows it will be his final year. That way preparations to celebrate his career and such can be made and it won't be a suprise. If he does retire now there would be much less of a buildup and being able to enjoy the guy in his for sure last season will be more exciting than being not sure if he is staying or retiring.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
SuperRat said:
Also it will be nice to know that if he does come back he knows it will be his final year. That way preparations to celebrate his career and such can be made and it won't be a suprise. If he does retire now there would be much less of a buildup and being able to enjoy the guy in his for sure last season will be more exciting than being not sure if he is staying or retiring.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. MLB does such a great job at this. When Ripken was in his last year, everybody knew it and were able to appreciate him and show their respect at every road game along the way.

It's more difficult for the NFL to do this because so many guys end their career on injuries, but this is a situation that would work. Hopefully, he decides to come back and also states it will be his last year. I'd love to see the reaction of the Bears and Vikings fans in his last game at their house.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I just got a call from a friend in GB, he gets me tickets for Green Bay games, he told me there is a big thing going in Lombardi Avenue, it seems that Brett make up his mind and told TT, he told me that apparently TT got kind of upset with the news.

My buddy told me he fells Brett will retire.

A sad day indeed if this confirms, I am hoping this is not true.

If it is true, we will have to accept it. Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted. I have relatives to tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts