1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Breakfast with Mark Murphy

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packers80, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    I was fortunate enough to have breakfast with President Mark Murphy this morning. With a small congregation, I was able to conversate with him for a bit.

Since this meeting was more business oriented, many questions arose about the recent rule changes, concussion concerns and lawsuits, how he manages the team, on and on. I felt like asking him a question directed towards the draft. So I asked him, in his opinion, what the draft needs are for this draft in late April.

He noted that D-line and O-line are needs, with the defensive line being a much larger need. A runningback was noted, as well as an additional wide receiver. Nothing surprising here.

An additional question I asked him was about the left offensive tackle position, addressing Marshall Newhouse. I asked his opinion on protecting Aaron Rodgers' blindside, especially with the new contract that is on the horizon. He stated that Newhouse is a fairly solid player but not a long term solution. If my memory serves me right, I believe he said that the Packers have interest in kicking Bulaga to left tackle. He also believes that Don Barclay, who he praised for a second, could be given a chance to start at right tackle. He mentioned that a huge question mark that currently lingers on the offensive line is Derrick Sherrod, stating that there's a chance he may never see the field again.

All in all, it was a great experience. Was pretty fortunate to meet Mark.

• Like Like x 2
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,441
    Pretty much sums up my feelings too. Newhouse shaky but better than nothing most of the time. Sherrod could progress but I liked the little bit that we saw of Barclay. If he can start at RT and Bulaga moves to LT, we've got a pretty good OL. I see them taking a tackle in the 3rd to 4th round.

• Like Like x 1
  3. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,060
    I've got one on April 22, however, I have a feeling it's going to be a packed house like the one I had 3 or 4 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Very cool you got to have breakfast with Murphy. I'd love the opportunity to do the same. Bummer Sherrod's career might be over before it even began.

• Like Like x 1