Breakfast with Mark Murphy

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have breakfast with President Mark Murphy this morning. With a small congregation, I was able to conversate with him for a bit.

Since this meeting was more business oriented, many questions arose about the recent rule changes, concussion concerns and lawsuits, how he manages the team, on and on. I felt like asking him a question directed towards the draft. So I asked him, in his opinion, what the draft needs are for this draft in late April.

He noted that D-line and O-line are needs, with the defensive line being a much larger need. A runningback was noted, as well as an additional wide receiver. Nothing surprising here.

An additional question I asked him was about the left offensive tackle position, addressing Marshall Newhouse. I asked his opinion on protecting Aaron Rodgers' blindside, especially with the new contract that is on the horizon. He stated that Newhouse is a fairly solid player but not a long term solution. If my memory serves me right, I believe he said that the Packers have interest in kicking Bulaga to left tackle. He also believes that Don Barclay, who he praised for a second, could be given a chance to start at right tackle. He mentioned that a huge question mark that currently lingers on the offensive line is Derrick Sherrod, stating that there's a chance he may never see the field again.

All in all, it was a great experience. Was pretty fortunate to meet Mark.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much sums up my feelings too. Newhouse shaky but better than nothing most of the time. Sherrod could progress but I liked the little bit that we saw of Barclay. If he can start at RT and Bulaga moves to LT, we've got a pretty good OL. I see them taking a tackle in the 3rd to 4th round.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've got one on April 22, however, I have a feeling it's going to be a packed house like the one I had 3 or 4 years ago.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very cool you got to have breakfast with Murphy. I'd love the opportunity to do the same. Bummer Sherrod's career might be over before it even began.

Members online

Latest posts