Brawl

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garrett.... you’re gone for the season... or more...done... adios. Everybody yaps about their short window... you just pissed away a year and the millions that go with it. Get some counseling, do some community service, apply for reinstatement. Next...

Rudolph.... ****... you started a fight with a guy, got your butt kicked and now your agent is talking legal action. Post game interview you’re running your mouth again calling him a coward. Seriously? You honestly think he’s afraid of you? How about we rent a ring and you can prove your point? I think a suspension is in order for you too... maybe you two should face this together and come back when you’re BOTH ready

Tomlin.... seriously? A screen pass on the last play of a game that’s out of reach. Probably nothing can be done but I have to look at you as an idiot.

pat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomlin.... seriously? A screen pass on the last play of a game that’s out of reach. Probably nothing can be done but I have to look at you as an idiot.

Which is why you may see MM there next year.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I disagree with your Rudolph statement the more I see all the angles of the play.

There was no reason, ESPECIALLY with the game 21-7 with 12 seconds left at the beginning of the play, to wrestle a QB...that got rid of the ball...for 3 seconds to the ground. Absolutely at no point in the game is that kind of tackle on the QB acceptable with how the rules are these days. I'd be frustrated too and if someone tackled Rodgers like that, this place would be erupting.

Garrett 100% started that, Rudolph retaliated for sure so shouldn't be playing the victim card. But by no means should he be getting a helmet swung at him. He should be suspended, as should everyone that piled up on Garrett at the end.

Terrible look for football that has already been under scrutiny for being too violent.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Garrett.... you’re gone for the season... or more...done... adios. Everybody yaps about their short window... you just pissed away a year and the millions that go with it. Get some counseling, do some community service, apply for reinstatement. Next...

Rudolph.... ****... you started a fight with a guy, got your butt kicked and now your agent is talking legal action. Post game interview you’re running your mouth again calling him a coward. Seriously? You honestly think he’s afraid of you? How about we rent a ring and you can prove your point? I think a suspension is in order for you too... maybe you two should face this together and come back when you’re BOTH ready

Sorry, how did Rudolph start that ?? I agree with you about his post game comments, he shouldn`t have been allowed to face the press by the organisation, but c`mon, that was all on Garrett losing his cool big time. The ball had clearly gone. There was no need for that contact.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's take this back to the Packers...I've said it before I'll say it here. We've seen our guys take TOO many cheap shots and our lineman have done NOTHING about it. I'd love to have Pouncey as a Packer or any like minded lineman. Going all the way back to TJ Lang doing nothing when Rodgers got stepped on we've need someone to step up and say 'F*** THIS' and take a fine and suspension to protect his teammates.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we've need someone to step up and say 'F*** THIS' and take a fine and suspension to protect his teammates.
No we do not. I can understand the sentiment, but taking a suspension to protect your teammate is same us us without a starter for few games. They should stand up for teammate, maybe a push/shove at best, but nothing to get themselves suspended.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

on second thought...I may have hit him upside the head too

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He pulled on Garret's facemask and that started all this.
What started all this was Garrett throwing Rudolph to the ground a good three seconds after the ball was thrown. Anything after that is just self defense by Rudolph.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What started all this was Garrett throwing Rudolph to the ground a good three seconds after the ball was thrown. Anything after that is just self defense by Rudolph.
Garrett flooring Rudolph and Rudolph's reaction are stuff we have seen in NFL before and often. Garrett's reaction.... definitely not often. Neither Garrett's original tackle nor Rudolph's reaction excuses or justifies what Garrett did in the end.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He pulled on Garret's facemask and that started all this.
WRONG!

Garrett started it by wrestling him to the ground a full THREE seconds after the ball was gone and then shoving his head into the ground. Rudolph retaliated but then Garrett went into criminal thug mode.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we do not. I can understand the sentiment, but taking a suspension to protect your teammate is same us us without a starter for few games. They should stand up for teammate, maybe a push/shove at best, but nothing to get themselves suspended.

You're wrong and here's why. SINCE then 2 or 3 players have taken cheap shots from opponents cause they know our guys won't do SH**! St. Brown is gone for the year because of this! You have 1 dude stand up and take a suspension, they'll stop messing with us and thinking we're soft

OP
OP
AKCheese

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, how did Rudolph start that ?? I agree with you about his post game comments, he shouldn`t have been allowed to face the press by the organisation, but c`mon, that was all on Garrett losing his cool big time. The ball had clearly gone. There was no need for that contact.

accounts I’ve read have Rudolph grabbing Garrets facemask and kicking him in the groin... yup... a real boy scout. Not excusing Garrett at all, but Rudolph sounds like a punk

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG!

Garrett started it by wrestling him to the ground a full THREE seconds after the ball was gone and then shoving his head into the ground. Rudolph retaliated but then Garrett went into criminal thug mode.

Garrett is 23 years old, playing at the highest level in the heat of battle. He made a terrible mistake. Calling him a thug? Really

Thank god no one was seriously hurt, he's going to lose a ton of money from the NFL and probably sponsors the rest of his career. I believe the lesson is learned.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garrett is 23 years old, playing at the highest level in the heat of battle. He made a terrible mistake. Calling him a thug? Really

I do think that's a little crazy considering there have been players in this league over the years that have done equally as bad if not worse than what Garrett did. And I thought it was kinda weird that some of the talking heads were talking about the Steelers should press charges considering how many fist fights, and there have been a ton of them that have broken out over the years, and such a thing would be completely unprecedented. Plus it kinda takes two to tango - Rudolph and then every other Steeler involved in the altercation.

But my one problem with Garrett is that this incident could very well now be the defining moment of his career almost in the same way that Vontaze Burfict's actions defined him and more importantly ruined the Bengals chance to get their first playoff win in almost 30 years. Or you could even make the comparison to what happened in 2004 when in basketball Ron Artest lost his cool and the biggest brawl in NBA history took place, and the game that should have been easily able to get finished with a Pacers W ended up getting called off and that situation I think damaged Artest forever.

The problem Garrett now has is that I think he's going to be perceived as a guy who can't keep his cool in the heat of a moment, and that's big. You're up by 14, your team's gotta do something to turn their season around, your practically right there right about to do it. Whatever jawing takes place, gotta let it go, you just gotta.

This is why I believe our organization has been careful about picking players who have baggage in their past. It's not an unwillingness to forgive sins of the past or to try and be a team of only choir boys. I think we realize how important character is in big games and how important it is that our guys aren't going to do anything stupid with bad temperament that costs us a big game the way Odell Beckham, Burfict, and possibly Ty Montgomery here have done. It does matter.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thug? YES. Don't trivialize it by calling it a simple "mistake". It was a potentially career ending act or worse that took place WAY outside the realm of football. And his age is no excuse either. He had ZERO regard or remorse for his actions except in the context of hurting his team. You apologists are ridiculous.