Braun tests positive for PEDs, 2nd test confirms; appealing

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Braun has tested positive for PEDs. He had an elevated testosterone level. He is facing a 50 game suspension, pending appeal.

WOW!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not good at all. Lets hope reports like these are few and far between. I hope players have the sense to avoid this stuff like the plague with the way the league is cracking down.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, were going to have a really bad team this year... Danggit!

Reaction score
Based on the soures, they have some pretty darn good evidence to rule that Braun is not guilty. Let's hope so!

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
either way not good for Braun? if he is innocent how it is not good?

There will be some that will always point to a positive test, whether or not he is vindicated. It is completely unfair, but once you are associated with it....there will always be people whispering.

Nobody has ever successfully appealed a positive PED test. Uphill climb for Braun.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Literally choked reading this one... as I was thinking to myself..."How is Matty Flynn going to surface in the replies???"

Brilliant!!!:laugh:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio just issued a statement about the news of Ryan Braun's failed test for performance-enhancing drugs.

Here it is:

“Ryan Braun has been a model citizen in every sense of the word, both in the Milwaukee community and for the Brewers. Since joining our organization in 2005, he has been a person of character and integrity.

“MLB has put a confidential testing program into place, which I personally support, that has a specific review process that must be followed before determining whether a player is in violation. Ryan has issued a statement that there are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case that will support his complete innocence and demonstrate that there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. We are dealing with an incomplete set of facts and speculation. Before there is a rush to judgment, Ryan deserves the right to be heard. We are committed to supporting Ryan to get to the truth of what happened in this unfortunate situation.

“As a father, I take the use of prohibited substances seriously, because I know the effects they can have on the body and on a person’s life. I want the Milwaukee community to know that we support drug testing not only because it is MLB policy but because it is the right thing to do.

“I need to acknowledge that at this point the Milwaukee Brewers have not heard from the Office of the Commissioner or any official entity related to the MLB testing programs. Accordingly we do not have access to any of the facts or knowledge of any of the circumstances that are being circulated in the media with regard to Ryan Braun. The team will release follow-up statements at the appropriate time.”

L

Lunchboxer

Ah ****!

If its true i hope the Brewers find a way to resign Prince Fielder. If Braun is out for 50 games the season is done...

Members online

Latest posts