Brandon Jackson's Comments after the Titletown Celebration today

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Packers | Insiders Blog » Brandon Jackson gets emotional over Super Bowl jersey, time in Green Bay
Brandon Jackson Gets Emotional Over Super Bowl Jersey, Time In Green Bay
Posted by Kareem Copeland February 8th, 2011, 8:19 pm
Brandon Jackson stood at the corner of the Packers locker room, a couple feet from his own area and at the end of the hallway to exit the facility.
His location alone spoke volumes about the situation.
The Packers running back just finished his last season under contract as a Super Bowl champion, but may never walk into that locker room again. And you that’s the only home he’s ever known as a professional after being drafted in the second round in 2007.
Jackson was one of the most emotional players Sunday and insisted trainer Red Batty refrain from washing his game jersey.
The team, and Jackson, received their jerseys Monday after the “Return to Titletown” celebration at Lambeau Field. Jackson answered questions afterward with an undecided future.
He nearly broke into tears as he described what that jersey meant to him.
“That’s four hard years of dedication,” Jackson said. “Blood, sweat, tears, adversity, that goes into that 32. The history of the organization goes into that 32. My family, the love and support goes into that 32. My faith in Chris goes into that 32. There’s a lot of history, there’s a lot of accolades, there’s a lot of things goes into that 32 that’s on that jersey.
“That jersey will not be washed. It’ll be hung up, framed with the rest of my jersey that I have from college and high school. That 32 is very special to me. It’s been … I don’t know. It’s emotional when I talk about it because I’ve been through a lot here. The road is tough. To bring home the Lombardi Trophy and to have that patch on the side of my shoulder is amazing.”
- Kareem Copeland

and here's and audio of the whole interview
http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wtlx/media/mpeg/Brandon_Jackson-1297213670.mp3

OP
OP
fettpett

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to see him go, he's been a great blocker and good pass catcher out of the backfield, just hoped he would be the RB to step it up this year. But I don't see them resigning him

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
When i think of this Green Bay World championship team, Ill always remember B-Jax for being a solid back in pass protection, and in the screen play, and overall a contributor to this team.
Like bigbayblues said, glad he got a ring that he can look at and know he deserved.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting perspective. I never really thought about his journey on a personal level. With Grant, Starks and Kuhn coming back next season it seems reasonable that Jackson wont make the 53 next year. Either way, thanks for helping to bring home the trophy #32!

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant say honestly that ive cheered for #32 all year, and Ill admit, ive been a harsh critique of him at times.. But, Im glad that he got his ring.. he earned every bit of it... Take care and good luck to you in the future Jackson!!

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will be back! He is one of the best 3rd down backs, Kuhn probably moves to full back next season!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
why cant he be our 3rd rb. kuhn is the fb, grant is #1, starks is #2 rb. we can use him as our 3rd down back

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I hope he comes back, id take a average RB that gives his all on every snap. Which i do believe he did. He earned ever hand-off and had some great plays. It may be unrealistic to keep him since this is indeed buisness but he has my repect and i wouldnt mind him on our team at all.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I hope he comes back, id take a average RB that gives his all on every snap. Which i do believe he did. He earned ever hand-off and had some great plays. It may be unrealistic to keep him since this is indeed buisness but he has my repect and i wouldnt mind him on our team at all.

exactly as long as he doesnt want big wads of cash why not?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unless he gets delusional and thinks he can start somewhere, I don't see why he shouldn't be back here. He'd make a good 3rd down back, with Grant and Starks trading carries on 1st and 2nd down when needed.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
He played through all the adversity and stayed consistant in his abilites... I love B Jack!!! Kid is nice!!! I hope we dont let him go... Only time will tell...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy values blitz pick ups as much as anything, and BJack is great. McCarthy said he's as good as any RB he's seen since Marcus Allen.

He'll be back, with Grant & Starks, and Kuhn and Quinn Johnson (Hall will go).

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why he wouldn't be back. He's the best pass blocking and receiving back on the team. He may not be good at all as a pure back, but on third down he's great. He is pretty nasty in space, I just love him as a screen and checkdown option. Remember him juking Urlacher out of his shoes? He does that stuff all the time.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjyuZQv80U]YouTube - Brandon Jackson jukes Urlacher out of his jock[/ame]

Reaction score
He never had any explosiveness and tried to juke everybody instead of hitting them straight on. But when he scored on the goal line he scored with heart and that's admirable.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
^^Man look at that bump he puts into number 75 of the bears- he manhandles sitton, and then B-Jax pushes him right back into sitton to be able to make the block, then proceeds to make a catch and juke Urlacher. Great play when you re-watch it.

Reaction score
That was a good play. But how many plays did he have where he was handed the ball and got nothing out of it? More times than when he got a few yards.

He's a great third down back and compliments the team well doing that. I'd like to have him simply for his heart alone and desire to play. Grant and his injuries will continue to scare me.

bhepper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say he's back as well, Starks missed at least 1 blitz pickup in the Superbowl IIRC and we can't have that. I could be wrong though.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will come down to a contract negotiation. If he truly understands his role on the team and accepts the money that goes along with a limited role, then I think he will stay. Could we see more value out of him on special teams? He seems to have safe hands and a good football brain.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll be back. He's great at blitz pickup and outlet for Rodgers. He had some great runs out of screens and dump off.

I'll always remember #32 juking Urlacher out of his shorts and getting the first down against the Bears in the NFCCG.

Congtastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget his 16-yard screen pass TD against the Eagles. Great awareness, knowing where his blockers are and waiting for the pickup.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on who will be cheapist him or grant as grant may go and starks will be the starter.
With jackson used for screens.
And kuhn moving back to FB?
Who else will go/stay.
I think Barnett will go and Bigby. also 1 of the olb will go. I think Tauscher may go also.

Members online

Latest posts