1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Jackson's Comments after the Titletown Celebration today

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fettpett, Feb 8, 2011.

1. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    and here's and audio of the whole interview
    http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wtlx/media/mpeg/Brandon_Jackson-1297213670.mp3

2. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I hate to see him go, he's been a great blocker and good pass catcher out of the backfield, just hoped he would be the RB to step it up this year. But I don't see them resigning him

3. BigBayBlues

BigBayBlues Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    The kid may not have been that great, but he fought hard every play. Glad he got a ring.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +121
    When i think of this Green Bay World championship team, Ill always remember B-Jax for being a solid back in pass protection, and in the screen play, and overall a contributor to this team.
    Like bigbayblues said, glad he got a ring that he can look at and know he deserved.

5. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Interesting perspective. I never really thought about his journey on a personal level. With Grant, Starks and Kuhn coming back next season it seems reasonable that Jackson wont make the 53 next year. Either way, thanks for helping to bring home the trophy #32!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    He will be back

• Like Like x 1
  7. +RAY+

+RAY+ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I cant say honestly that ive cheered for #32 all year, and Ill admit, ive been a harsh critique of him at times.. But, Im glad that he got his ring.. he earned every bit of it... Take care and good luck to you in the future Jackson!!

8. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    I think he will be back! He is one of the best 3rd down backs, Kuhn probably moves to full back next season!

9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    why cant he be our 3rd rb. kuhn is the fb, grant is #1, starks is #2 rb. we can use him as our 3rd down back

10. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    I hope he comes back, id take a average RB that gives his all on every snap. Which i do believe he did. He earned ever hand-off and had some great plays. It may be unrealistic to keep him since this is indeed buisness but he has my repect and i wouldnt mind him on our team at all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    exactly as long as he doesnt want big wads of cash why not?

12. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    B-Jax was great in the perception he hasn't fumbled.

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Unless he gets delusional and thinks he can start somewhere, I don't see why he shouldn't be back here. He'd make a good 3rd down back, with Grant and Starks trading carries on 1st and 2nd down when needed.

14. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +488
    He played through all the adversity and stayed consistant in his abilites... I love B Jack!!! Kid is nice!!! I hope we dont let him go... Only time will tell...

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    McCarthy values blitz pick ups as much as anything, and BJack is great. McCarthy said he's as good as any RB he's seen since Marcus Allen.

He'll be back, with Grant & Starks, and Kuhn and Quinn Johnson (Hall will go).

16. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't see why he wouldn't be back. He's the best pass blocking and receiving back on the team. He may not be good at all as a pure back, but on third down he's great. He is pretty nasty in space, I just love him as a screen and checkdown option. Remember him juking Urlacher out of his shoes? He does that stuff all the time.

17. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    See....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjyuZQv80U]YouTube - Brandon Jackson jukes Urlacher out of his jock[/ame]

18. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    He never had any explosiveness and tried to juke everybody instead of hitting them straight on. But when he scored on the goal line he scored with heart and that's admirable.

19. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +121
    ^^Man look at that bump he puts into number 75 of the bears- he manhandles sitton, and then B-Jax pushes him right back into sitton to be able to make the block, then proceeds to make a catch and juke Urlacher. Great play when you re-watch it.

20. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    That was a good play. But how many plays did he have where he was handed the ball and got nothing out of it? More times than when he got a few yards.

He's a great third down back and compliments the team well doing that. I'd like to have him simply for his heart alone and desire to play. Grant and his injuries will continue to scare me.

21. bhepper

bhepper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say he's back as well, Starks missed at least 1 blitz pickup in the Superbowl IIRC and we can't have that. I could be wrong though.

22. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    It will come down to a contract negotiation. If he truly understands his role on the team and accepts the money that goes along with a limited role, then I think he will stay. Could we see more value out of him on special teams? He seems to have safe hands and a good football brain.

23. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Hopefully he'll be back. He's great at blitz pickup and outlet for Rodgers. He had some great runs out of screens and dump off.

I'll always remember #32 juking Urlacher out of his shorts and getting the first down against the Bears in the NFCCG.

24. Congtastic

Congtastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget his 16-yard screen pass TD against the Eagles. Great awareness, knowing where his blockers are and waiting for the pickup.

25. Riley82

Riley82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it depends on who will be cheapist him or grant as grant may go and starks will be the starter.
    With jackson used for screens.
    And kuhn moving back to FB?
    Who else will go/stay.
    I think Barnett will go and Bigby. also 1 of the olb will go. I think Tauscher may go also.