Brandon Chubb - ILB - Wake Forest

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Most draft sites still have Chubb as a prospect who will go undrafted. The scouts Bob McGinn talks to for his pre draft evaluation didn't even mention him.
It would not surprise me if the Packers are not considering him; it would not surprise me if they are. I just look at the available tape and workout numbers, and only then do a cursory review of what others may be saying about them. Not a good way of winning a "predict Thompson" contest, I suppose. If I see a guy I think can play, and few others do, it doesn't really sway my opinion.

Maybe McGinn forgot about him.

When you get down to 6th. round - UDFA (where there isn't much to separate those players beyond need, pure developmental projection, and/or special teams utility), there are hundreds upon hundreds of names to consider.

He forgot to list Barrington on his 2014 training camp rundown of the ten or so actual ILBs on the 90 man roster. I pointed that out at the time, with zero response. And this past season he lauded Palmer's play while including Barrington in his list of recent ILB "non-entities". I mean Barrington's is no player to get excited about when reasonable alternatives are present, but he was sure missed. We know who the real non-entity was last season, with two left to go.

In discussing the Clark pick, he started off with a soliloquy about how his comments are those gathered from scouts, saying in essence that he's just a lowly reporter who never scouted or coached merely reporting what the experts say. He then proceeds to intimate that Clark would not have been his first choice.

He gets confused sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe McGinn forgot about him.

When you get down to 6th. round - UDFA (where there isn't much to separate those players beyond need, pure developmental projection, and/or special teams utility), there are hundreds upon hundreds of names to consider.

He forgot to list Barrington on his 2014 training camp rundown of the ten or so actual ILBs on the 90 man roster. I pointed that out at the time, with zero response. And this past season he lauded Palmer's play while including Barrington in his list of recent ILB "non-entities". I mean Barrington's is no player to get excited about when reasonable alternatives are present, but he was sure missed. We know who the real non-entity was last season, with two left to go.

In discussing the Clark pick, he started off with a soliloquy about how his comments are those gathered from scouts, saying in essence that he's just a lowly reporter who never scouted or coached merely reporting what the experts say. He then proceeds to intimate that Clark would not have been his first choice.

He gets confused sometimes.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into a list compiled by McGinn. But he polls various scouts from different NFL teams for his pre draft rankings and according to this list it seems none of them even mentioned Chubb.

With that being said it's possible all of them being wrong about not including him and he ends up being a decent NFL player.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into a list compiled by McGinn. But he polls various scouts from different NFL teams for his pre draft rankings and according to this list it seems none of them even mentioned Chubb.

With that being said it's possible all of them being wrong about not including him and he ends up being a decent NFL player.
It's a crap shoot.

Members online

Latest posts