Brandon Burton (CB, Utah)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
University of Utah cornerback Brandon Burton has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the National Football League Draft. Burton, a 6-foot, 185-pound lockdown corner, made 51 tackles and two interceptions for the Utes in 2010. He finishes his college career with 97 stops (67 solo) and three picks over three seasons. His most memorable legacy, however, was the game-saving block of a BYU field-goal attempt in Utah's 17-16 victory over BYU in November. Burton's decision to turn pro came after receiving a favorable evaluation from the NFL. "I was looking for a certain response, and it was exactly what I thought it would be," Burton said. "So when I heard back from them that just clarified what I wanted to hear from them. It just gave my decision that much more weight. I felt like I was making the right decision." Burton didn't act upon the news immediately. He sat down with his family, evaluated the situation and a decision a couple of days later. Burton officially declared for the draft Sunday night. - Dirk Facer, Deseret News

Burton, although a bit thin, has good size (6-0, 185) and speed (4.49e). He is our #6 junior CB and could go as high as the late 2nd round.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
University of Utah cornerback Brandon Burton has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the National Football League Draft. Burton, a 6-foot, 185-pound lockdown corner, made 51 tackles and two interceptions for the Utes in 2010. He finishes his college career with 97 stops (67 solo) and three picks over three seasons. His most memorable legacy, however, was the game-saving block of a BYU field-goal attempt in Utah's 17-16 victory over BYU in November. Burton's decision to turn pro came after receiving a favorable evaluation from the NFL. "I was looking for a certain response, and it was exactly what I thought it would be," Burton said. "So when I heard back from them that just clarified what I wanted to hear from them. It just gave my decision that much more weight. I felt like I was making the right decision." Burton didn't act upon the news immediately. He sat down with his family, evaluated the situation and a decision a couple of days later. Burton officially declared for the draft Sunday night. - Dirk Facer, Deseret News

Burton, although a bit thin, has good size (6-0, 185) and speed (4.49e). He is our #6 junior CB and could go as high as the late 2nd round.

He reminds me of another Devin McCourty, McCourty didn't have much stats but had a lot of potential along with special teams abilities.