Brandon Bostitch

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to stir up any bad blood here. Just curious if fans have or ever will forgive Mr. Bostitch?

That game can be blamed on MM, offense, special teams. With the way that game was going, I'm still not convinced we win with a recovery.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was such a comedy of errors that I never did just blame him. In fact, I hope he does well. I will not forgive the 3 man rush.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not trying to stir up any bad blood here. Just curious if fans have or ever will forgive Mr. Bostitch?

Bostick was only one of several players responsible for that collapse. No hard feelings from me towards him at all.

I will not forgive the 3 man rush.

Teams are successful rushing only three players as well. It's not Capers fault eight guys weren't able to cover the Seahawks receivers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson had so much time it was ridiculous. That was a terrible defensive call and allowed the SeaHawks to get a first down. He did not even have to throw it when he did. He could have run around back there indefinitely. The only time it is successful is when you can get at least a little pressure from the three. The Pack were never able to do that. Capers should have realized that. I believe he calls that play simply because he is seemingly incapable of changing his tactics to account for the realities of his defensive players and just as importantly the capabilities of the QB and O line he is playing against. He often seems to either rush too few or else he goes all out and rushes too many with little variations in the rush so that it is easily picked up. I definitely blame him.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Does it matter anymore? Skating on last year's ice...or the year before if you will...forgive him? As I said ... Does it matter anymore? We've got a whole new level load of dog crap to gurgle about. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 6794

Wilson had so much time it was ridiculous. That was a terrible defensive call and allowed the SeaHawks to get a first down. He did not even have to throw it when he did. He could have run around back there indefinitely. The only time it is successful is when you can get at least a little pressure from the three. The Pack were never able to do that. Capers should have realized that. I believe he calls that play simply because he is seemingly incapable of changing his tactics to account for the realities of his defensive players and just as importantly the capabilities of the QB and O line he is playing against. He often seems to either rush too few or else he goes all out and rushes too many with little variations in the rush so that it is easily picked up. I definitely blame him.

FYI the Packers defense allowed less yards per pass this season rushing two or three players (6.5) than they did while rushing four (8.0).

But don't let facts get in your way when criticizing Capers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that only leads to more of the same and then the really big, really important play happens.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any one blames Bostick after what was the entire meltdown in that game you are just looking for a scapegoat and not focusing on the big picture. If any one of about a dozen things that went wrong at the end of that game had gone right we would have most likely won.

First of all had he reoovered it he would have been the hero. Second I know he blew his assignment but its not like he was off in la la land or something. He knew what he was supposed to do but when he saw the ball right there in front of him he thought "this is our chance to win the game" and he went for it. If he had not gone for the ball and the Seahawks would have recovered it anyway some of the same people *****ing after the fact would have said "we lost because Bostick had the ball right in front of him and he did nothing."

While the failed OS kick recovery may be the most obvious play to point to and say this is where we lost it I'd have to say that it was probably more like 3rd or 4th down on my list of biggest errors.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Morgan Burnett doesn't slide after the interception and runs it into field goal range (if not take it all the way back for a pick 6) instead, the Packers win.

If McCarthy puts the ball in Rodgers' hands on the ensuing drive instead of running it three times, the Packers win.

If Bostick does his job and lets Jordy catch the ball on the onside kick, the Packers win.

If Clinton-Dix breaks up the rainbow throw on the two-point conversion like a Pop Warner kid could do, the Packers win.

If Capers had finally had his defense ready to defend the read option that burned them twice during the meltdown, the Packers win.

If any one of those things happen, the Packers are in the Super Bowl. And I'm probably forgetting two or three other things that happened during those five minutes that would've changed the outcome of the game.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
He alone was not the sole cause of the loss. Im glad the fans dident treat him as same way Red Sox fans treated Bill Buckner.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's not the only one to blame, but he is the one who stands out the most where blame is due.

His job was NOT to try to catch the ball. But he did. And the rest was history.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's not the only one to blame, but he is the one who stands out the most where blame is due.

His job was NOT to try to catch the ball. But he did. And the rest was history.

Exactly. At least all the other culprits tried to do their job, however poorly they attempted to do so. Bostick didn't, which is why his play sticks out the most.

D

Deleted member 6794

If any one blames Bostick after what was the entire meltdown in that game you are just looking for a scapegoat and not focusing on the big picture. If any one of about a dozen things that went wrong at the end of that game had gone right we would have most likely won.

First of all had he reoovered it he would have been the hero. Second I know he blew his assignment but its not like he was off in la la land or something. He knew what he was supposed to do but when he saw the ball right there in front of him he thought "this is our chance to win the game" and he went for it. If he had not gone for the ball and the Seahawks would have recovered it anyway some of the same people *****ing after the fact would have said "we lost because Bostick had the ball right in front of him and he did nothing."

While the failed OS kick recovery may be the most obvious play to point to and say this is where we lost it I'd have to say that it was probably more like 3rd or 4th down on my list of biggest errors.

While I agree a lot of other plays contributed to the Packers meltdown at Seattle there's no doubt Bostick made a terrible decision trying to catch the ball on the onside kick as his only assignment was to block for Nelson to recover it.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers didn't mail it in with 6-7 minutes left in the 4th quarter the Packers win.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok , I'll say it.......the blame goes on McCarthy........up 16-0? He started playing tight//not to lose.....he made Bostitch the scapegoat by releasing him.

Bostick wasn't that great of a tight end to begin with as he had a total of only nine receptions over three years with the Packers. It's possible the team would have moved on from him even without the botched onside kick.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bostick wasn't that great of a tight end to begin with as he had a total of only nine receptions over three years with the Packers. It's possible the team would have moved on from him even without the botched onside kick.
If that were not the case.... I highly doubt that he would have been released.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We probably lost that game when it was just 16-0 at half instead of AT LEAST 20.

2 goaline drives off seahawks turnovers and we only ended up with 6 points. It has to be atleast 10-0 there. And that was a scenario where the game flow doesn't even change. Nothing else after that would've been affected if we score a TD instead a FG. S0metimes if one play is made instead of an other, the entire game flow is altered. That wouldn't of been the case.

Then another Wilson pick, the Haha one hander!!!! Then Clay absolutely destroying Wilson on a block, we legitimately had that team by the balls and throat, then boom, rodgers and cobb combine for an absolute boneheaded turnover and we fail to go up three scores at half.

Sure there were a series of gut wrenching missed plays in the final 5 mins of that game, but the door was left open for that to happen when you miss an AMAZING chance to finish a team in the first half.

Members online

Latest posts