Bragg & Breeden fighting for a spot

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Late in the game. Here are their stats.

One of these guys might make #5 receiver or the practice squad.

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
C. Bragg 4 46 0 17
S. Breeden 2 31 0 22

Reaction score
Cali, #5 WR is Murphy. MS even confirmed it when he said that Murphy would not be ready for the season opener, but he thinks he would be ready to go by week 3. Hope Murphy pans out.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 3. :-?

Longer than I thought.

Oh well...Can't wait to get a good look at this guy.

Certainly will help in the return department.

Murphy better have a spot one way or another, that's for sure.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how either Bragg or Breeden has a chance at the #5 receiver spot. Chatman is #4, Murphy is #5, and Andrae Thurman is #6, which means that even he probably will not make the roster. I'll feel bad for Thurman if that happens, because he's had a good camp.

I hope Bragg can make the practice squad. He could possibly be good in a year or two.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL has a lot of receivers out there getting cut. The Eagles and teams with need will find a guy better than Bragg and Breeden. It really comes down to if the Packers want to spend a Practice Squad spot on one of them.

I think they will put Bragg on PS.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly Greg C...no chance Bragg or Brenan make the roster if even Thurman is on the verge of getting cut.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I agree Gregg. I think if Thurman gets cut, he is a lock for PS if he doesn't get claimed by another team.
Thurman had a good time last night... And, he should be kept on the PS.

We keep noticing many of these Rookies who are stepping up and showing good performances all around - it's getting harder and harder to determine which one(s) would be the better locks...

I'm still reviewing the Roster - cutting back, they should allow more than 53... it should be more like a 60 man Roster.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction is the Pack will keep 6 receivers to open with, and Thurman will be the sixth one. With Murphy out and Chapman not 100 percent, a sixth receiver spot is needed to open the year.
To make room for 6 receivers, the Pack may gamble to open the year with only 2 tight ends. Maybe it's time for Martin to be cut.

Hopefully, Bragg ends up on the practice squad.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wild card with the receivers in my opinion is T-Murph. I see him coming in this season and making a huge impact. By next year, he will he the #2 or #3 receiver for this ballclub (assuming JWalk gets his extension). I remember him from his days at A&M - the guy is a playmaker at both ST and receiver. We got a real good one with this pick in the draft!

OP
OP
C

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
The wild card with the receivers in my opinion is T-Murph. I see him coming in this season and making a huge impact. By next year, he will he the #2 or #3 receiver for this ballclub (assuming JWalk gets his extension). I remember him from his days at A&M - the guy is a playmaker at both ST and receiver. We got a real good one with this pick in the draft!

You have Walker, Driver, and Fergie ahead of him not counting Chatman. Murphy would have to really put on a show to even get to #3 and he hasn't even caught a pass in an NFL game. I think you are getting ahead of your self.

Murphy had a good TC and I like him but, regardless what he did in College, the pro's are different. He needs to prove it in the NFL.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
NDPackerFan said:

You have Walker, Driver, and Fergie ahead of him not counting Chatman. Murphy would have to really put on a show to even get to #3 and he hasn't even caught a pass in an NFL game. I think you are getting ahead of your self.

Murphy had a good TC and I like him but, regardless what he did in College, the pro's are different. He needs to prove it in the NFL.

You mean to tell me that the pro's are different than college? No way! :roll:

I'm just saying that I think this guy is going to make an impact very soon and will overtake Chatman in no time and eventually challenge Fergy and Driver as the Packers #2 or #3. Watch and see but yes, I do realize the pro's and college are different. The only reason he hasn't caught an NFL pass yet is b/c he hasn't had the opportunity. Watch and see when he does. He's a stud.

Members online

Latest posts