Brady Quinn

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn threw two td passes during the preseason game between Browns and the Lions and is now concidered as possible starter for the QB work.

What I saw of Quinn during that game was magic and if he play equaly good the upcoming preseason game then he deffenetly will get some playing time during the regular season

Brady Quinn highlights:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80196b4f

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I still can not figure out why he fell so far in the draft. I think he is going to be a very good QB.
I was one of the retards who wanted the Pack to pick him and trade Rodgers with another pick for Randy Moss. :whippin: :rubeyes:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The poise that Brady shown was way beyond a rookie seeing his first action in the NFL. Albeit it was a Preseason game, I think the offense that Weiss ran and experience at Notre Dame is going to make Brady a good Qb in this league. Better than Russell hands down.

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other fact in all of this, is he did it with the 2nd/3rd team, my point being, wait until he has the 1st team O' line in front of him and Joe Thomas protecting his backside. Thomas may be the best Offensive lineman to ever play at Wisconsin, time will tell if he'll be one of the best in the NFL, but having someone like that protecting you, as a rookie QB means so very much, I agree, I think Quinn will put up some (unexpected?) numbers this year, and give the other teams in the division and the NFL more than they might have expected. Granted Anderson and Frye, aren't at the top of most fantasy lists, and I think for the most part, Quinn is just a pretty likable guy, great demeanor, and the other intabgible, a major chip on his shoulder after being passed up in the draft by so many teams, definitely something to prove, as long as he doesn't let it get the best of him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions 3rd team is not a worthy opponent. With that said I think Brady is the best QB the Browns have but I'm not sure I'd start him right away. I'd give him 2 or 3 weeks on the bench and go from there.

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions 3rd team is not a worthy opponent. With that said I think Brady is the best QB the Browns have but I'm not sure I'd start him right away. I'd give him 2 or 3 weeks on the bench and go from there.

Exactly.

Quinn did all this against a 3rd string defense in the preseason. He's a great athlete, but I'm not completely sold on him. Plus, I'm not totally into all the ND bandwagon crap. I think he's going to be good, I just don't think after one preseason game against a third string defense everyone should be calling for him to be the starter. Just my opinion though.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Agreed that is was again only a preseason game and against the lower strings, but you can tell when a QB has a feeling of comfort.

Compare Paul Thompson to Brady Quinn this past week. Same senerio, first real action in the NFL. Thompson was nervous, unsure of the reads and a little rattled. Quinn was calm, decisive, and had a presence about him.

Now that usually come with time for young QB's, what I am saying is Quinn already has that about him, so the game will slow down faster for him than others. Their is more to playing QB than being comfortable and poised in the pocket, but alot of QB's never achieve that and no matter the physical tools they fail or fall short of the potential.

1st look, Quinn has CALM about him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real test will be when the other team is playing its starters, and the games count.
I always worry when a rookie QB is thrown into a starting position right away. If things go bad for him in a game, will he be able to regroup?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see Quinn's performance last week. My impression of him in college was that he would transition well to the pros because of his intelligence and all of the good pro-style coaching he's received, but that he would be more of a "game manager" type of QB--the kind of QB who can be fine on a really good team, but he's not going to carry a team. I'll be interested to see how he turns out.

It sure didn't take Browns fans long to forgive him for holding out.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real test will be when the other team is playing its starters, and the games count.
I always worry when a rookie QB is thrown into a starting position right away. If things go bad for him in a game, will he be able to regroup?

Peyton Manning has started every game for the Colts since he was drafted. It worked out ok for him.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Peyton Manning has started every game for the Colts since he was drafted. It worked out ok for him.

And we all know Peyton is your average quarterback :roll:

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady Quinn is an idiot, he thinks he should get payed for where Mel Kiper thought he was going to be picked in the draft...... omg

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady Quinn literally killed the #1 Denver defense yesterday... and Denver doesn't suck.

This kid is gonna be crazy.

OP
OP
L

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]Brady Quinn will be a really good QB in the future. If he stays with the Browns, the they will be a team to count to go the playoffs. I think that he is someone that the Browns can build the franchise around.

Packers would have needed him when Favre retire. Rodgers is good and will be a QB to rely on. But Quinn have that little extra that a QB needs to be one of the best. Which he will be and if he starts this year, then no one know what he can do to the Browns.[/align]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]Brady Quinn will be a really good QB in the future. If he stays with the Browns, the they will be a team to count to go the playoffs. I think that he is someone that the Browns can build the franchise around.

Packers would have needed him when Favre retire. Rodgers is good and will be a QB to rely on. But Quinn have that little extra that a QB needs to be one of the best. Which he will be and if he starts this year, then no one know what he can do to the Browns.[/align]
He LOOKS for real. We will find out once the real games start. In the preseason, pretty much all teams play it safe, and don't really throw out their real defences. (I mean blitzes and all) But the Browns have suffered a long time, and it would be nice for them to have something to cheer about.

Members online

Latest posts