BPA could be a WR

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't that the point of Nick Perry?

Going for NEED only works if there is a player that you need worthy of your pick. Especially if you're talking first round, you don't want to reach for a player. That said, most teams have several NEEDS so they could likely draft a player for a lesser NEED instead of their top priority. The biggest issue is usually to find a willing partner to trade for your pick, allowing you to drop down. A good example was when TT traded his first round pick to the Jets so he could still get Jordy Nelson at the top of the 2nd round but grabbed an additional draft choice. Especially with the rookie cap, it's not as easy to trade away picks

True but i don't see Nick Perry being the compliment as an OLB to Matthews. He has great burst but i didn't see anything special about his ability as a pass rusher from the OLB spot. Just because a guy has great athleticism as a DE doesn't mean he's going to translate into a good OLB in a 3-4 scheme.See Vernon Gholston. Call me old fashioned but i'd much rather have a guy who's already an OLB because the transition is easier for them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO for best value available at #26 to be a WR he would have to be evaluated by the Packers as being in the top talent tier of the draft. And if that happens, I'm all for Thompson pulling the trigger on that pick.

I think it's a bit strange for Hypon Grey to post Thompson ignored the OLB position when Perry was picked for exactly that. Unless he's talking about two years other than the last two.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO for best value available at #26 to be a WR he would have to be evaluated by the Packers as being in the top talent tier of the draft. And if that happens, I'm all for Thompson pulling the trigger on that pick.

I think it's a bit strange for Hypon Grey to post Thompson ignored the OLB position when Perry was picked for exactly that. Unless he's talking about two years other than the last two.

I beleive we were both referring to the previous two years.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

I wasn't ecstatic about it being Perry, but I was ridiculously relieved that we got somebody for that LOLB last year. I was specifically referencing 2011 and to a lesser extent 2010

Members online

Latest posts