1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

bozz_2006

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 10, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: bozz_2006
    Real name (first only): Jacob
    Current City: St. Paul, MN
    Hometown: Killdeer, ND

1) How did you choose your screen name?

long stupid story. you'll all certainly think less of me after finding out the truth.... So i had this cat named Bosco. I started hanging out with this group of dudes. Said group already included a guy named Jake. So, when we wanted to hang out somewhere, somebody would say, "Let's go to Jake's house," or whatever. To avoid confusion, when they wanted to hang out at my place, they'd say, "Let's hang out at Bosco's". The name was later shortened to "Bozz" and applied to me. So, with this group of dudes, I am not Jake, I am Bozz.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in Killdeer, ND. It is a very small town (~700p.) in western North Dakota, about 50 miles from Montana. I am the oldest of two boys. My younger brother Pete is 21, attending the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND, working on a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. My mom teaches Family and Consumer Science (you may know it as Home Ec.), and my dad is the owner/salesman of a Snap-On Tools franchise. He has owned the business for 14 years, and he is finally making really good money. I am very happy for him, and also pretty glad that we were dirt poor when I was a kid. It helped me appreciate what I have and what mom and dad have now. Interesting family life. Dad came up in a very traditional, very loving, very... boring Lutheran family in Nebraska. Mom was the illegitimate child of a Catholic mother. Both were forced out of the church and because of my granny's resentment toward my mom, she was abused terribly by her mother, and suffered psychological abuse until my granny died. Mom has a very strong spiritual connection with God, but let's just say her relationship with the church is.... conflicted. I am studying to become a Lutheran pastor, and my experience seems unique. Good and Bad. To quote a very wise man, "It is what it is."

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I was involved in drama club. I really enjoyed that. But, my focus was always football. I played Center on a team that made the state quarterfinals my Jr. year and semifinals my Sr. year. I am not terribly athletic and don't have a ton of God-given talent, but I worked my butt off and loved every minute of it. My Sr. year I was selected as 3rd team All-State. That is a very proud achievement for me. I also threw shot-put and discus in track in the spring and wrestled in the winter. Didn't pursue college sports but still hold high school sports memories as some of the fondest of my life.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

I just loved hanging out with my buds. Sound boring, but I love to hang out and chat.

5) What was your first job?

My first job was the summer between 7th and 8th grade. I worked as a lifeguard's assistant teaching swimming lessons at the community pool. That was a sweet job.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Dad was a huge Packers fan in his youth. Once he grew up he began to work A LOT of hours and didn't have time to watch football much. We watched Packers game here and there. But in 1994 he bought the business, and although he worked around 80-90 hours a week, he made the decision to take time off on Sundays for church and the Packers. Coincidentally, this was around the same time as Favre's emergence in Green Bay. We watched every game in 1995, and ended up disappointed yet hopeful with how the season ended. In 1996 we weren't disappointed. Hooked!

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

i had the pleasure of going to the Vikings game in Lambeau in 2004 with my mom, dad, and brother (THANKS DAD!!!) and i got a beer thrown on me by some stupid drunk vikings fan, after i cheered when culpepper fumbled the ball. He got thrown out of the game and was screaming at me the whole time he was getting dragged out about how the packers sucked and were going to lose, etc. as you all remember, longwell kicked a last second FG to give the pack a 31-34 win. i saw the guy in the parking lot after the game. sweet revenge.

8 ) How did you find Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

yahoo search : Packer forum. hahaha. I love the personalities. you people are all like a part of my family, in many senses, since I can really only talk Packer football with dad and brother, otherwise.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Twins

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

I love hanging out and visiting, in someone's home or in a dive-bar anywhere in the world. My wife and I spend lots of time with our dog. I love him to death, but will never get another beagle EVER AGAIN! I love watching TV and reading. I'm pretty easy to keep happy. Give me some beer and an opportunity for conversation and I'm set.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

I would have liked to have been in the locker room after the Super Bowl XXXI. Just the excitement, I can't even imagine.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

3. First was my fondest Packer memory, 2004 vs the Vikings. Second was in 2006 vs the Jets. The Packers didn't show up to play that day. And it was cold! The foam on my beer froze solid. Good time, just me, Pete, and dad. Last game I was this year vs the Vikings. That was a sweet trip. It my mom, dad, Pete, and I, along with dad's best friend and his wife, who are Vikings fans. The Stars lined up for the Packers that day, and they played nearly perfect football. It was beautiful.

13) What is your worst fear?

Not living up to my own expectations.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

playing guitar, exercising, playing with my dog Luther, karaoke, flag football, softball. my mother in law just recently bought me a wii (she's waaay nicer than my own mom, hahaha). I was never that much into video games, but that thing is too much fun to resist. It is also 2 legit 2 quit.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Pot roast

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I have traveled to California, Las Vegas, Florida and Mexico on a cruise, Bristol TN, and all over the midwest. I had a blast on my honeymoon which was a Florida trip and a four day cruise to Key West and Puerto Vallerta. That was a great time. I also had a great weekend trip recently to Bristol TN, meeting my dad to watch the Food City 500. That was awesome. I can't remember the last time I did something fun with just my dad.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Sky-diving. I will do it someday. I am scared of heights, but love the thrills of that kind of thing. I did go para-sailing on my honeymoon and that was totally exhilarating. Can't wait to go sky-diving. Maybe someday someone will want to be married during sky diving and I can officiate, lol.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

some small town in the Black Mountains in SD. I love the outdoors and the arid climate, similar to "back home". I live in St. Paul now and hate the city. Can't wait to finish seminary so I can get the hell outta here!

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

Favre - Dur!
    Johnny Blood - it's all in the name
    Kampman- Go Fast, Go Hard, Go all out, all of the time
    William Henderson - see "Kampman"
    Donald Driver - see "Kampman" and "Henderson"

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

my favorite was two years ago, when the whole world was waiting for Favre to decide on retirement, and Favre's housekeeper, or something like that, leaked that he would make his announcement at the press conference for his golf tournement. So I, and about 10 others, got up at like 4:30am central time on a Saturday to watch the press conference and chat in the game day chat room. the anticipation was high! Then Brett came out, sat down, and said, "I don't know why y'all came out today". Hillarious.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

Boom goes the dynamite

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?

Zombieslayer

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Another great interview! :D
    Keep them coming guys!
    Did you say anything to the guy that threw the beer on you, in the parking lot?

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I like bozz.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    You know I did! He was too drunk to remember me though.

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    the feeling is mutual.

[​IMG]
    I want to kiss you

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Man....Namath looks BAD!!! :shock:

8. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Killdeer SUCKS!!!

j/k :D

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Wasn;t that the night he was drunk?

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Excellent read, someday I would like to ask you why you choose the path you did as far as a career/ school.. I think it would be interesting to say the least.

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    you sound an awful lot like my best friend... who happens to be a vikings fan. well your both ministers and you both have beagles and wives. thats about it.

another interesting side note: i too was at that Food City 500 in Bristol. we could have met and not even known it. If you were wearing Packers gear, I gave you a drunken high five.

12. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A thrower, I love it... I bet you threw the disc about 150'

13. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the better interviews (I've enjoyed them all)... got good and in-depth like I planned to do if I ever got nominated 8)

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup....pretty sure it was the night he hit on the lady interviewer.
    Well....at least the one night it was FILMED at least! :lol:

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    PR was 162'.

16. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Nicely done!!

These are all a joy to read and I am impressed with each of you

18. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ditto

19. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good read, nice interview, bozz. I think it's cool how we have the same first name, and both have a moderate to heavily-saturated background in Christian faith.

The seminary thing is cool- I was actually a non-licensed (I didn't get along very well with "college" :) ) youth pastor for about two years before I got married, so if you ever wanna hear about some of the rewards/headaches of ministry, or just wanna trade war stories, I got you. :)

Oh yeah, I appreciate the whole naming your dog Luther thing. Very nice. :D

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bozz.
    That was a good read.

I just sent mine in to AADP and felt really bad about not having Aaron Kampman on there. I really wanted to include him, since they asked for 5, but I couldn't take anyone else off. I'm glad you put him on yours.

Now for questions - what kind of guitar? who are your favorite guitarists?

21. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great read!!! This has been so much fun getting to know everyone on this board, thanks Ryan for setting this up. You guys are all awesome!!

22. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Bozz be good!

Nice read catman.

Preacher "can't wait to get the hell out of here".....

He said "hell".....<insert Beavis snicker>

As everyone, I too find myself wondering how I would answer..

23. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    my baby is a 1993 Epiphone Les Paul Deluxe so, obviously, Pete Townshend would be on my list. about 4 years ago, i got a hum in the neck pickup that i couldn't get rid of, so i bought a vintage set of the mini-buckers to try and faithfully replace the ones originally in the guitar... didn't work. decided to perform open heart surgery. routed out the pickups and put a JB in the tail and Jazz in the neck. Sounds great. she's fast and has sustain for days!

my influences - Above all else, the band that invented heavy metal, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top and Billy Gibbons, SRV, Clash, Green Day and Billy Joe Armstrong, Clapton, Grateful Dead (Jerry Garcia ---> Warren Haynes), Curt Cobain and Nirvana, Prince, Brian May and Queen, Tim Armstrong and Rancid, Kief Richards, Mike Ness and Social Distortion, Jack White, the list goes on!

And for the record, I don't know how to play a single Bible-camp type song. Not one. I plan to keep it that way!

24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Of your influences, love ZZ Top, Prince, Queen, and of course Keith Richards.

Seen Social D live and even though it's not my cup of tea, they're one of those bands you have to see live. The singer has so much charisma. Good show.

I'd love to own a Les Paul, but have to come up with $2200 somehow first.