1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

bored

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by scotscheese, Dec 31, 2013.

1. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    so i'm bored at work, and i'm the only one in my dept office, and just kinda came to the realisation that i was belting out Bon Jovi - Always, along with the radio, so glad there is no-one here to hear me

gotta love absolute radio

2. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +897
    You workin? ouch! great station. :cool:

3. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    Bummer, they dont provide international streaming. :(
    Always looking for good radio stations and thought give it a try but obviously they dont want listeners from Continental Europe...:tdown: Booooh ! :D

4. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +897
    Nessie can you use that UK IP add app? that should work with any luck. Absolute Radio is the best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    You gave me an idea, PackerFan71 ;) :tup:
    No doubt, using a VPN service should make it work on my laptop or PC though I didnt try it.
    But I tried to listen to it with my new Sonos sound system (christmas present) and only heard the announcement that they dont provide a stream in my country when I tried to tune in. As the Sonos system is controlled with your tablet-PC or Smartphone it should indeed work when using a VPN connection with my iPad :cautious:
    I thought the Sonos Bridge might be the problem but it should work as long as I have an UK IP with my iPad....
    Will check this later....:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Check out the app Pandora

7. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    yup i was at work, my manager and supervisor both booked time off over the festive period, so i've been left to my own devices for the past two weeks, shame they're back on monday.

@mhnessie i'm surprised you can't get a feed for absolute radio, as i often hear them having e-mails tweets etc.. from overseas listeners. i've no idea bout the tech stuff mentioned above, but maybe even contacting the station might be an idea, it's a great station to listen to if you get the chance

gonna be bored again today by the looks of it, time for some more office karaoke

8. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Gotta do whatcha gotta do

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    Thanks vltrophy. :tup:

10. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    I tried to use a VPN connection with an UK IP yesterday evening but it still didnt work, unbelieveable. :mad:
    I will find a way, just need some more time to try out some other things. I might have to do with the mentioned Sonos Sound System and network I'm using.
    You have to be creative anyway when your are from Germany. Unlimited access to Youtube videos ? Not when your're German, cheaper car rental rates for Hertz, only when you book through UK or Irish website, cheaper NFL Game Pass - you need to be Italian.... :D
    So there must be a solution for absolute radio as well..... ;):cool:

Very quiet here too, my plan is to leave the office no later than 4 pm today and before that I thought about surfing the internet to find some ideas for my US trip in March.... :cool:

11. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +897
    I had no idea about this Nessie, but really you should not even have to use VPN. I listen sometimes to Stations on the US West coast and Australia with no problem at all. Very strange.............

12. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    Fully agree, PackerFan71, more than strange. I listen to US or other UK stations without any problem. I've never heard an announcement like that before when tuning in to Absolute Radio.
    Just tried it again with my PC at the office :(
    Dear visitor,

You appear to be in a country where this service is not available. Please click here for more information.

The Absolute Radio Team.

Edit:
    http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/about/legal/international-streaming-faq.html

13. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +897
    Thats similar to what i have come across is on US websites to watch a video clip or something, its really annoying. :tdown:

14. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    Yepp, but usually a vpn connection helps, I have to find out why its not working in this case.

15. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +480
    I live in Thailand. I stream US radio stations all the time.

16. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +688
    I never had problem with US radio stations too, its really strange that a UK based station doesnt provide a stream for international users or at least for European users :rolleyes:
    Anyway - there are plenty of other fish in the sea though I still dont want to give up and will try to find a technical solution for it.... :sneaky:

17. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +897