Body temp. monitoring

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is interesting.
The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have been exploring the use of a "radio pill" that would allow trainers to monitor players' body temperatures while they practice. "We've been discussing it for months," said Vikings trainer Chuck Barta. "We've been looking at different information. We're looking to see if we'll use it this year." A typical system setup, which was developed by HQ Inc., based in Palmetto (Fla.), includes the pills, which cost around $40 each, and two or three data recorders at $2,500 apiece. The data recorders allow a trainer to read a player's temperature with each recorder accepting up to 99 sensors. The system is already used by the Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars, while several college systems are using it as well.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds interesting - I'd rather see them implant something where it wouldn't have to be discharged along the way... But, way up north right about now, it's stifling..

In Indy, the temp was over 75 at sunup - and the humidity felt like Florida... can't wait for the cold front to blow thru...

The last thing we need to see is another scenario like the Vikings had a while back - losing a Player to the heat before the regular season even gets started. I'd move for football to back up a month and have pre-season in September... let football run thru the natural course of a winter as it now stands... into late February and part of March.

Check it out - if they did that, then the SuperBowl wold be in a better weather condition and more northern Teams would/could vie for that Event. This nonsense that the SB should be played only in San Diego all the time is pure rot.... I think all northern teams should get first dibs... AND everyone gets to take a turn at it - Jacksonville proved it could be done in a small town - and they can certainly get more Cruise Ships up by Green Bay in much the same way.

The player's health should always be top drawer...

Members online

Latest posts