Bodford's Returns

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think we could get Bodford to catch the ball and run up field?

He looks fast, he looks like he's a risk taker. I think you need both in a good returner, but we gotta get this kid running up field first.

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams pretty much sucked in this game, giving up big plays, poor punting and not giving Bodiford adequate blocking so that he could turn it up field. He did show some elusiveness which is encouraging. With a little help he could really blossom.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams pretty much sucked in this game, giving up big plays, poor punting and not giving Bodiford adequate blocking so that he could turn it up field. He did show some elusiveness which is encouraging. With a little help he could really blossom.

Screw the fancy moves! It didn't work with 3-5 guys in his face! Just turn it up field even if it's only for a few yards. That's a lot better than running backward for 10 yards just to make a couple moves so that he only lost 5 yards! The blocking wasn't there, and in that situation a returner cannot run backwards.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, when he started his return it looked like he was going to go the other way...

That's because the Buffalo guys were getting by our coverage and Bodford had to move laterally to try to get around them. We have to get better at staying between the return man and the defender instead of allowing the defender to bear down on him.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on all counts. And this is a noticeable problem. I think it helped kill us in the Philly game - our coverage and tackling on the other side of special teams was giving up big yards. And on our side, we just weren't getting any returns; usually losing a couple.

I feel we continue to see improvements on offense and defense - despite some bonehead errors - but I don't get the sense that kickoff and punt coverage and returns are really getting better. Not sure what's going on there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ranked 7th in gross avg in punting but net we are way at the bottom..

kickoffs ranked 9th in kickoffs and ranked 7th i tihnk in kickoff return yards..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt impressed with him. I miss Woodson as the punt returner and Morency as the kick returner. Like everyone has said it seemed like he was spending way to much time going west, east, south then north.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was very disappointing. He had a nice return in his only attempt the week before, but this time it was dance, dance, dance. Of course, the blocking was complete crap anyway, so it's not like he was going to gain much.

Members online

Latest posts