bob sanders

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so he just got cut by the colts. You think he would be a good fit for the packers?

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe for the minimum and to try and make the team, but i doubt he comes to us with guys above him on the depth chart. He will probably go to Jacksonville or Houston where they have a horrible secondary.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, in a lot of ways he's JUST like Bigby, who will be gone. Big hitter, can't cover for ****, and is ALWAYS in the training room.

No thanks, there's a reason the Colts let him go.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF he's healthy, he's a game changer. His style of play ruins his body, so he's only played 3 games the last 2 years. No reason to think he'll be healthy for a full season ever again. I'd rather have another promising fraft pick.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not just no, but F--K NO!

He's played in 9 games since 2007. 9. Not worth a roster spot, especially when you consider all the depth we needed just to make it through last season.

We have Morgan Burnett and Anthony Smith coming back next season and Woodson talked about making the move to Safety eventually as well. There's no need to tie up a roster spot for a guy that has a good chance to be on IR anyway.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn I was expecting at least 1 person to talk about how we neeeeeeeeeed to sign him otherwise TT has no idea what he is doing.... wait are we done with people doubting TT?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've learned to not get too high or low on Thompson's acquisitions! lol. If the Packers sign him I'll be happy because obviously Ted will have thought he'd be good for the team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok new question, TT signs him, are you upset?

Nah, not really. Mostly because I have little doubt Ted signs him, but also because I trust Ted did his homework and really felt like no one else had any more upside potential than Sanders.

Ted really isn't the kind of guy to sign people as a one year rental, unless desperately needed, as we saw last season. He's interested in both the immediate and long term potential of a player, which is why I truly believe he won't sign him unless we're slammed at the position in the middle of the season and he's still on the street.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If he'd sign an incentive laden deal with no guaranteed money, sure. I've always like his game and we could use him in run support.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't want him in a green uniform.

He reminds me of Troy Polamalu, except he actually does injure himself 3/4's of the time trying to give the other player an injury.

I think our defense has enough weapons. We don't need him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he'd sign an incentive laden deal with no guaranteed money, sure. I've always like his game and we could use him in run support.

To sign him means you'd have to cut someone else. I don't think he's worth the roster spot.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we'll be resigning both Bigby and Peprah, so that'd be a roster spot.

That's fine. I'd rather we apply that roster spot to an up-and-comer without a history of being made of glass.

He played 9 games since 2007. 9. Not worth the risk.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That's fine. I'd rather we apply that roster spot to an up-and-comer without a history of being made of glass.

He played 9 games since 2007. 9. Not worth the risk.
Given how this year played out, with Ted plugging injury holes constantly and doing so effectively, I have enough confidence in Ted that we could take on one of these risk/reward players and not be too burned if he flames out because Ted has proven he can find good players in emergency situations when he really needs to.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If TT signed him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would be ready with a "Told you so!" when he went on IR.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given how this year played out, with Ted plugging injury holes constantly and doing so effectively, I have enough confidence in Ted that we could take on one of these risk/reward players and not be too burned if he flames out because Ted has proven he can find good players in emergency situations when he really needs to.

Sure, but I feel we would just be setting ourselves up for failure. I mean, why knowingly put ourselves into the position of having to bring someone up again? The guy only played in 9 games since 2007. The odds of him staying healthy for an entire year are against him.

If he's on the street and we need him, fine. Otherwise he's an awful big risk to take.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a future bear to me.

I don't see it.
The Bears had a better player than Sanders in Mike Brown and they let him go because of injuries.
I would much rather see them sign Nnamdi Asomugha since Oakland is not going to keep him.
They need another CB more than a Safety.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't even take him for free. Smith, Burnett, Martin, Peprah, Collins .... we already will probably part ways with one of those, and that's before Woodson potentially moves to safety.

No way.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't see it.
The Bears had a better player than Sanders in Mike Brown and they let him go because of injuries.
I would much rather see them sign Nnamdi Asomugha since Oakland is not going to keep him.
They need another CB more than a Safety.

Do the bears have the money to sign another big name free agent? They went on a spending spree last year with Peppers.

Members online

Latest posts