Bob Sanders story on his personality and new scheme

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jsonline Story on Coach Sanders

"I may do things in a little different fashion than Jim did," Sanders said. "But I still think I show the same enthusiasm, and the same things we emphasized when Jim was here we'll still emphasize. It just might be a little bit different of a concept.

"The guys have responded well and I'm just excited and enthusiastic. You always dream about having an opportunity like this and I hope I can make the most of it."
---------------------------------
Good story, I think the defense will be money again, and better in key categories (interceptions).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the "D" is going to be great this year. Maybe it's just my optimism, but i really think it will be something of pride for us fans.

Reaction score
I don't expect much from the D.

IMO, last year was a bit of an anomaly. The Packers overachieved at times, and they had a bad run defence. The D is average, and that is all that should be needed if the Packers offense performs.

Sanders is going to need time to adjust. You can't throw a rookie in there and expect him to be ready to adjust perfectly. He will need to learn the art of adjusting to in game situations.

The Packers have more talent and athletic ability, and that will definitly help Sander. But the key fact, IMO, is how much Sanders stresses fundementals.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much of the success of the D will depend on Pickett and Jenkins providing a push up the middle. That will enable Collins and Hawk to make plays.

Allen if he can show anythig should permit some rest in the rotation which can only help.

Some one will lose out at DT and be inactive. Of Cullen, Corey, and Collin,
at least one will be lost in free agency next year.

Jenkin is the guy on passing downs and Cole should be the short yardage guy next to Pickett(If Picket is what he is advertized to be).

A DT injury could be devastating and move Barnett outside(which would normally not happen).

D-Line should be where the Packers will look to upgrade next year. Not that they are bad but it is there time for some draft picks(not some Jolly waste).

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a DT injury could be devestating?

I like our DTs

Jenkins
Pickett
Cole
Montgomery
Peterson
Williams
Jolly
Nichols
Allen

We're pretty good...one DT injury wont be devestating. If we start getting down to the Jollys and the Allens as starters...then we have a problem, but I dont see 4-5 guys getting hurt. lol.

NOW..if ONE cornerback gets hurt...that could be a devestating injury, as Carroll or Hawkins would be thrown in, and they arent ready(clearly).

But DTs? No, they're fine.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't expect much from the D.

IMO, last year was a bit of an anomaly. The Packers overachieved at times, and they had a bad run defence. The D is average, and that is all that should be needed if the Packers offense performs.

Sanders is going to need time to adjust. You can't throw a rookie in there and expect him to be ready to adjust perfectly. He will need to learn the art of adjusting to in game situations.

The Packers have more talent and athletic ability, and that will definitly help Sander. But the key fact, IMO, is how much Sanders stresses fundementals.

wtf are you even a PACKER fan... get your realism the ***** out of here!!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
a DT injury could be devestating?

I like our DTs

Jenkins
Pickett
Cole
Montgomery
Peterson
Williams
Jolly
Nichols
Allen

We're pretty good...one DT injury wont be devestating. If we start getting down to the Jollys and the Allens as starters...then we have a problem, but I dont see 4-5 guys getting hurt. lol.

NOW..if ONE cornerback gets hurt...that could be a devestating injury, as Carroll or Hawkins would be thrown in, and they arent ready(clearly).

DT's not DL. If Pickett goes down we're pretty much screwed. It will be the same ol, give the QB 12 seconds to pass the ball, in which, no CB can cover for 12 seconds.The whole idea of the monster DT is to occupy at least 2 blockers. I wouldn't mind at all if Grady would smell the coffee and re-sign for what he's worth, not what he thinks. He was way more valuable to this team last year then people give him credit. As a part-time DT, sharing reps with Pickett, our D could be something special. If Pickett goes down we're putting a lot of faith in the youngsters.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listed players who are listed as DTs (according to packers.com).

If Pickett goes down, we are not screwed. we would not be as good as we were up front, but we would not be screwed.

lets agree to disagree.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Have you never watched the Simpsons?!? Sax, Clemens, Griffey, Soscia, Mattingly, Ozzie Smith, Canseco, and Boggs ALL missed the company softball game due to incidents that occurred the night before!

on a serious note...I'm not too concerned about DT...I agree w/ Cali that Grady certainly wouldn't hurt, but I feel like that is probably the deepest position on the roster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts